• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering Out-of-State Recruiting: Converting Leads from Chicago and Beyond

In summary, Brenda has successfully recruited out of state leads from Chicago. She has used the same script for a clerk at the Hilton, left a voicemail on Friday for a lead from a cafe in Chicago, and is trying to reach a lead from the shuttle bus. Brenda is making progress, but if she cannot reach the lead, she will stop trying.
Bren706
Gold Member
How have you handled recruiting out of state leads (ie. leads from Chicago). I have 5 leads :D I came in contact with while at National Conference. My concern is that if they have never been to a show before, how do you familiarize them with how a show works, etc. to get them comfortable with signing up?

Boy, that Brenda is a good question.

Bumping this post, anyone have ideas???

If the 5 are all in the same area, I'd make an overnight road trip (write off!) and do a full day of sessions -- get a community room somewhere, (even one of those hotel places where they have a kitchenette) do a demo, let them invite a friend each and experience the cooking show... play with the tools, do paperwork and training in the afternoon. (Friends can go home if they aren't interested in the opportunity.)

Isn't that how Doris started spreading out? By traveling and recruiting? I probably wouldn't go into strangers homes in strange cities, but that would depend on my comfort level.

You'll call me for hospitality! I get several calls from you folks who recruit at conference and then need somewhere to send them. :)

Oh, Thanks Debbie! :)

Way to go Brenda!

How in the world did you have time to get so many leads at conference. I don't think I saw you recruiting at dinner on Monday night - so what is your secret!?!

Did you do it at the airport or something? I wish I had some leads - I live 40 minutes from the city!

Please share...

Let's see, the 5 are:

~A temporary worker handing out order forms for the business supply booths. My line was, "So, has any of these thousands of Pampered Chef consultants asked you if you would like to join us next year?" (I have actually contacted her since I've been home, and although she is not interested in the opportunity, she said she would try showing the catalog to her friends and see if there is enough interest for a catty show)

~I used the same script for a clerk at the Hilton while we were checking out. (I called yesterday, but her voicemail stated she was out of the office until July 28th. I left a voicemail).

~The clerk at the Lego store. I mentioned that I was in town for Conference, and asked if she was familiar with PC. (I have since contacted her, and although she is not interested, she gave me her mom's phone number, which turns out to be a daytime work #, so I will try Monday).

~Another lead came from a cafe at the Chicago Midway. I can't exactly how I brought it up with her, usually if they don't bring it up first, I will say something like, "I have a challenge to talk to 3 people today about The Pampered Chef. Are you familiar with The Pampered Chef?".

~The 5th one was on the shuttle bus here closer to home. There was 5 of us on the bus, so I think she was asking about where we came from, etc. I have not been able to reach her, but I did leave her a voicemail on Friday.

Brenda! You are AWESOME!!!!
Working it like that and you will be walking at leadership for sure!
Great Job!!!
Also, wonderful meeting you :)
Thanks for posting pics! I have none :(
So if anyone has any they would like to share...

How are you making out with them, Brenda?

Not a lot of progress so far:

~I used the same script for a clerk at the Hilton while we were checking out. (I called yesterday, but her voicemail stated she was out of the office until July 28th. I left a voicemail). I will try back on the 28th.

~The clerk at the Lego store gave me her mom's contact info. I contacted her mom, and sent out a catty and specials flyer to her yesterday. Possible catty show to follow up with.

~Another lead came from a cafe at the Chicago Midway. I have left only 1 voicemail so far, with no return call. I will try again today.

~The 5th one was on the shuttle bus here closer to home. I have not been able to reach her, but I did leave her a voicemail on Friday. She travels a lot and says its easiest to reach her every other Friday, so I will continue to follow up.

This is usually the story of my business. I can make the outside contact, but then have a hard time contacting them afterwards.

Keep trying till they say "NO, NOT AT ALL" not just "no, not right now"....
If you cant reach them say something like " if you call me before I call you again, there might be a suprise in it for you". That might work....

Andrea,
I like the little catch at the end. Everyone wants a free gift.

1. How can I recruit candidates from out of state?

One way to recruit out of state candidates is by utilizing online job boards and social media platforms to expand your reach and attract a wider pool of applicants. Additionally, you can partner with local universities and attend career fairs in different states to connect with potential candidates.

2. Is it more expensive to recruit candidates from out of state?

Recruiting out of state may involve additional costs such as travel expenses for interviews, relocation packages for hired candidates, and advertising fees. However, it can also result in a more diverse and qualified pool of candidates, which can ultimately benefit your company in the long run.

3. How can I ensure that out of state candidates are a good fit for our company culture?

One way to assess if out of state candidates are a good fit for your company culture is by incorporating culture fit assessments during the interview process. Additionally, consider offering virtual interviews or video calls to get a better sense of the candidate's personality and values.

4. What are some challenges of recruiting out of state candidates?

Some challenges of recruiting out of state candidates may include a longer hiring process, communication barriers, and potential cultural differences. It may also be more difficult to coordinate interviews and onboarding processes for out of state candidates.

5. How can I make the relocation process easier for out of state candidates?

To make the relocation process easier for out of state candidates, consider offering relocation assistance, such as covering moving expenses or providing temporary housing. You can also provide resources and information about the new location to help the candidate feel more comfortable with the move.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jen~pcc
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pchefmomof2
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef