• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Identifying Red Flags in Recruiting: Tips for Business Opportunities

In summary, the red flags I see to let me know to follow up with someone about our business opportunity are that the product looks heavy, the person does not want to work nights, and the person does not have a high show.
JAE
Please share the red flags you see to let you know to follow up with someone about our business opportunity. I really need help in this area. I think I miss the red flags.

I think I must miss them too - or at least, I don't respond to them appropriately.

ChefBeckyD said:
I think I must miss them too - or at least, I don't respond to them appropriately.

Maybe, that will be the next thread started after this one has gotten off the ground. I have the same thought.

I Love PC!

How would all you great recruiters respond to this one? Seems simple doesn't it?

Are all these products yours? Do you have to pay for them?
That bag looks heavy!
Can I help you clean up? set up? (never say no!!!)
How much money do you make?
Does your husband mind you doing this?
How many nights do you work?
What's your highest show?
You're so good at this!
You look like you're having fun!
That was fun!
(overheard before / during the show) I hate my job...my job is boring...I need to make more money...my car broke down...the kids are driving me nuts...I need a vacation.

my favorite, is "I could never do this". Means they have already thought about it. Find out why, then help them overcome their objection

amy07 said:
my favorite, is "I could never do this". Means they have already thought about it. Find out why, then help them overcome their objection

OOhhhhhh.... Good one!!!!!!

See you Rock!!!

Also, check out the files section for Casual Recruiting by PamperedLaura.

Often I do not ask if they would like more info. I'll say in a half joking manner, "don't you want to be a Consultant" or "so, when are you going to join my team" (this one if they have been to a few of my shows.) The real key is to ask them something to get it rolling -

Well, I was gonna chime in here, but you guys said everything I was gonna say! You guys rock!!

amy07 said:
Also, check out the files section for Casual Recruiting by PamperedLaura.

Often I do not ask if they would like more info. I'll say in a half joking manner, "don't you want to be a Consultant" or "so, when are you going to join my team" (this one if they have been to a few of my shows.) The real key is to ask them something to get it rolling -
I actually saved the casual recruiting from Laura. I should go back and read it again.

amy07 said:

Very good one. I guess I pre-judge on this that they have made up their mind and it is no, so I don't ever question it!! I will have to listen for this

Winnipegk said:
Are all these products yours? Do you have to pay for them?
That bag looks heavy!
Can I help you clean up? set up? (never say no!!!)
How much money do you make?
Does your husband mind you doing this?
How many nights do you work?
What's your highest show?
You're so good at this!
You look like you're having fun!
That was fun!
(overheard before / during the show) I hate my job...my job is boring...I need to make more money...my car broke down...the kids are driving me nuts...I need a vacation.

I have heard of quite a few of these and sometimes I think I am answering right, but then I can't seem to shut up and let them talk.
Do you think it would scare off potential recruits if I duct taped my mouth?

Just want to keep this thread alive for everyone to see and respond.

I have 2 jobs allready...

etteluap70PC said:

Response:
Wow! that must be really difficult on you, your time and family. How in the world do you do it?
Just out of curiosity, does one of your jobs let you pick your hours and pay you more than $20 per hour?
Would you be interested in hearing how you could free yourself of one of those jobs and maintain your level of income?

I got the attached from someone else...great info. One recommendation to add: always respond with a question that generates further thought. For example,
How much money do you make? The commission on an average show is around $100, so by doing only four shows a month you can earn $400. Who couldn't use an extra $400 an month?

Attachments

• RECRUITING RED FLAGS tips ideas responses.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 487
pampered.chris said:
I have heard of quite a few of these and sometimes I think I am answering right, but then I can't seem to shut up and let them talk.
Do you think it would scare off potential recruits if I duct taped my mouth?

That's exactly my problem! Maybe if we used clear packing tape they wouldn't notice.... :p

Thank you for that document. I saved it, and I'll read it later. Anyone else like to share?

Great Tips!

If you're not sure it's a red flag, it probably is. ANYTHING to do with the business, whether it's the commission, free products, time commitment, weight of products, scheduling shows, etc. is a red flag. It shows that the customer wants to know more about what you do, even if it's just a passing interest.

etteluap70PC said:

I don't have any recruits, YET, so I wasn't going to respond to the thread, but I just had to share what happened to me tonight:

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon with my Director, and she really got me motivated to start recruiting. We called one potential and left a message asking if we could take her out to lunch this week (still waiting for a call back, but I'll call her again tomorrow). On the way home I decided to call my friend in California, whose son I tried to recruit a couple of months ago. Though that didn't pan out, she had indicated at that time she would sign up after he did. So, I called, and we talked for awhile (because talking to this particular friend, though interesting, is NEVER less than a 30 minute commitment). When she started telling me about her job, how she doesn't know if she'll be there much longer, how she'd have to look for a higher paying job if she left, etc., I decided this was my chance. I said "Let me ask you something," and before I could go any further she said "I know, you want me to be a PC Consultant." So, I told her about the incentive, she said "I already have two jobs," I said that's fine, because she'd do PC around her schedule, and it would take pressure off finding a job paying more money, because she'd already have the extra income. Well, she indicated she's not interested, we talked for a while longer, and said good-bye.

Within half an hour of hanging up, she sent me a text message to send her the information to become a PCC, and she'll think about it - and how much do I make?!

Proves not only "Ask everyone," but also "Don't assume that 'No' is a no!"

Sarah

Sarah, that is great! Good job on that call.

That is wonderful...way to go:thumbup:

It's not always what they say. Listen to their story. The main idea I got from conference was for me not to think about what recruiting will do for me, but how PC can help someone else. It's amazing that when you have that mind set you see things differently. When I got home from conference, I immediately called my leads to let them know our new promotion. I'm signing 3 over the next two weeks. Ask if they have any friends that they would enjoy working with. They may join them too.

1. Used to be a consultant- busy life before. I let her tell me her story. She was ready to get back started. (gets paid next week to sign)

2. Is building a house as she goes. Have you ever thought about doing what I do? It would be a great way to help offset your cost of your home. She's retired, and decided this would be a great thing. She's already started talking to friends. (out of state fixing up house to sell- interview set for Aug.4-she's bringing her friend that she thinks would like to do PC too. This would be her recruit, to help her build her business)

3. Catalog host- many orders out of state. I found out she moves a lot with the airforce (husband). Have you ever thought about doing what I do? You seem to have a lot of friends and support across the country. We meet tomorrow.

4. Former host- Ask me a lot of questions after the show. I made sure I didn't tell her "everything" in my excitement, just answered the questions she had. We meet to deliver a product to her tomorrow. We've been in weekly contact. This deal will help with her initial money issue.

oh, that's 4 recruits!!

1. What are some red flags to look out for when recruiting new consultants?

Some red flags to watch for when recruiting new consultants include inconsistent communication or follow-up, lack of enthusiasm or motivation, and a history of quickly leaving previous direct sales companies.

2. How can I identify potential issues during the recruiting process?

Pay attention to how the potential consultant responds to challenges or setbacks, their level of organization and time management skills, and their willingness to invest time and effort into building their business. These factors can be indicators of potential issues down the line.

3. Should I be concerned if a potential consultant has a history of not meeting sales goals?

While past performance is not always indicative of future success, consistently not meeting sales goals can be a red flag. It's important to discuss with the potential consultant why they struggled to meet goals and what they plan to do differently in the future.

4. How can I address red flags with a potential consultant?

Be honest and open about your observations and concerns. Use concrete examples and ask the potential consultant for their perspective. This can help you determine if the red flags are deal-breakers or areas that can be improved upon.

5. What should I do if I notice red flags after a consultant has already joined my team?

It's important to address any concerns as soon as possible. Schedule a one-on-one conversation to discuss your observations and offer support and guidance. It's also important to establish clear expectations and boundaries for the consultant to follow moving forward.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • mscharf
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • finley1991