• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Frustration: Building a Successful Team for Leadership

In summary, I am a little frustrated right now because, while I have been asking EVERYONE lately, I can't seem to get a Yes/Yes. What I mean by that is I may get a few no's, a Maybe that turns into a no, or a Yes that turns into a no. But never a yes that stays a yes. I've lost 2 team members and one is still on board but inactive. If I don't get my team built up, I'm not even going to get to go to Leadership, let alone walk!Keep it up, odd are in your favor and eventually someone will say yes!!
linojackie
I am a little frustrated right now because, while I have been asking EVERYONE lately, I can't seem to get a Yes/Yes. What I mean by that is I may get a few no's, a Maybe that turns into a no, or a Yes that turns into a no. But never a yes that stays a yes. I've lost 2 team members and one is still on board but inactive. If I don't get my team built up, I'm not even going to get to go to Leadership, let alone walk!

Keep it up, odd are in your favor and eventually someone will say yes!!

linojackie said:
I am a little frustrated right now because, while I have been asking EVERYONE lately, I can't seem to get a Yes/Yes. What I mean by that is I may get a few no's, a Maybe that turns into a no, or a Yes that turns into a no. But never a yes that stays a yes. I've lost 2 team members and one is still on board but inactive. If I don't get my team built up, I'm not even going to get to go to Leadership, let alone walk!

What and how are you asking?

For those that say yes, what is your follow-up?

I feel your pain, Jackie. I've had a number of, what I thought were, good solid yes's... that turned into no's. I have a "maybe, but probably not" right now and I'm going to be opptimistically confident that she will be a "yes". Right now, I only have one recruit, so I need another one before I can even get to Leadership. We'll get there together!

amy07 said:
What and how are you asking?

For those that say yes, what is your follow-up?

Well, I am doing the full service check out, so to them I say "was there anything about the business that interested you?"

For hosts I say "you would be so good at this, have you ever thought about becoming a consultant?"

Where my Yes's go wrong, is the follow up, they either say "wellll..I read the info, but I don't think I wanna do it right now" or "no, I've changed my mind". That is, if I can even get them to answer the phone.

My director is doing this new Dream Team thing, where if I can get the lead to agree to a conference call, she will take it from there (as long as I need
her to) and help them with their decision. So far, I could only get one person to agree to the call and it was my dad. He is considering the op, though not right away.

linojackie said:
Well, I am doing the full service check out, so to them I say "was there anything about the business that interested you?"

For hosts I say "you would be so good at this, have you ever thought about becoming a consultant?"

Where my Yes's go wrong, is the follow up, they either say "wellll..I read the info, but I don't think I wanna do it right now" or "no, I've changed my mind". That is, if I can even get them to answer the phone.

My director is doing this new Dream Team thing, where if I can get the lead to agree to a conference call, she will take it from there (as long as I need
her to) and help them with their decision. So far, I could only get one person to agree to the call and it was my dad. He is considering the op, though not right away.

I applaud you for asking everyone! I'm not there yet.
But what I would offer is this, instead of "was there anything about the business that interested you?" how about an open ended question like, "so what do you think is the coolest thing about my show/job etc". Depending on the answer, you've got what DOES appeal to them about the biz. Seriously, there is NOTHING about the "business" part of this I find interesting. I hate the paperwork. I hate keeping track of expenses. I hate picking up the phone and making calls. BUT I LOVE DOING THE SHOWS!

Second, don't let them read the material. Go over the material with them, or just talk to them like you would a friend. Just be yourself.
Hope that helps some. You are doing something right, you're getting interest. I would highly recommend the CD, "Getting to Yes" with Jillian Eisenberg and Julie Sittner from the supply order form. Julie is hilarious and she makes a great analogy of recruiting and dogs that cracks me up.

I also wanted to add that I think that it is great your Director is going to do conference calls with you. Good Luck!!!

amy07 said:
I applaud you for asking everyone! I'm not there yet.
But what I would offer is this, instead of "was there anything about the business that interested you?" how about an open ended question like, "so what do you think is the coolest thing about my show/job etc". Depending on the answer, you've got what DOES appeal to them about the biz. Seriously, there is NOTHING about the "business" part of this I find interesting. I hate the paperwork. I hate keeping track of expenses. I hate picking up the phone and making calls. BUT I LOVE DOING THE SHOWS!
You know what, that makes perfect sense! I was so focused on just asking, that WHAT I said wasn't even part of my concern.

amy07 said:
Second, don't let them read the material. Go over the material with them, or just talk to them like you would a friend. Just be yourself.
Hope that helps some. You are doing something right, you're getting interest. I would highly recommend the CD, "Getting to Yes" with Jillian Eisenberg and Julie Sittner from the supply order form. Julie is hilarious and she makes a great analogy of recruiting and dogs that cracks me up.

I didn't even know that CD existed, so I will definitely check it out. I'll bet my director even has it and could let me borrow it.

It has been pointed out to me that when it comes to bookings and recruiting I verbally "throw up" on my potentials, so I know that is part of my problem. I think I feel the need to make sure I can get all the info I can before they can object so that I don't have to be the "pushy salesperson" and find a comeback after they've already said no.

What is "soClose, but yet so Far"?

"soClose, but yet so Far" is a phrase used to describe a situation where something seems easily attainable, but ends up being just out of reach.

How is this phrase relevant to Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to provide high-quality kitchen products that make cooking and meal prep easier. "soClose, but yet so Far" can apply to situations in the kitchen where a tool or ingredient may seem within reach, but is actually not easily accessible or efficient to use.

Can you give an example of how "soClose, but yet so Far" can apply to cooking?

Sure! A common example is when you are cooking and realize you need a specific measuring spoon, but it is in the dishwasher or dirty in the sink. It may seem close enough to just quickly grab it, but in reality, it is not easily accessible and can disrupt your cooking flow.

How does Pampered Chef help with avoiding "soClose, but yet so Far" situations in the kitchen?

Our products are designed to make cooking and meal prep more efficient and convenient. We offer a variety of tools and gadgets that are easily accessible and can help you avoid those frustrating moments of reaching for something that ends up being just out of reach.

Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that can help prevent "soClose, but yet so Far" situations?

Absolutely! Our Quick-Stir® Pitcher is a great example. It has a unique mixing blade that helps blend ingredients quickly and easily, without the need for additional utensils or tools. This can save you time and prevent situations where you realize you need a spoon or whisk, but it is not within reach.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • kdangel518
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedchefqueen
  • Chef Kearns