• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Juggling Multiple Direct Sales Companies: Tips and Success Stories

I just avoid them and the negativity and run my own business. My recruiter is moving in < 2 weeks to NC so I'm the only one in my cluster in the area...I'm NOT about to be pushed out though.
susanr613
Gold Member
Hello -

When I was new, I met a woman who was just starting Tastefully Simple. She is the only person who has bought off the Outlet, and very enthusiastically endorsed subscribing to my newsletter when I did a show for her friend. We keep in touch.

I would looooove to recruit her, and I think she could handle both. Do you know anyone who is repping more than one DS company? If so, how do they handle it? Are they successful?

If you have recruited someone who does more than 1, any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much!!

In my opinion, if the businesses are in no way related it would be best. Personally I think it may conflict if someone were to try to do PC AND Tastefully Simple or Tupperware. Even though our stuff is WAY better, I think there would be a bit of conflict in the items that are essentially similar. But.....if she wanted to try, nothing attempted nothing gained.

PC doesn't consider it a conflict of interest to sell PC & TS (unless you are a director) but I think I remember someone saying that TS does consider PC a conflict of interest, and their reps are not allowed to sell PC.

That's odd - there is a local TS rep that is a PC rep. She does both at booths or has cash and carry PC items at her "TS booth". However, I wouldn't go by her example...plenty of rules broken with this lady...I look for other TS reps if I ever want something.I'd rather focus on one thing and do it well, but starting out to get them to "convert over" it'd be great for them to do both, keep good accounting records and PROVE that PC is the best around!

janetupnorth said:
That's odd - there is a local TS rep that is a PC rep. She does both at booths or has cash and carry PC items at her "TS booth". However, I wouldn't go by her example...plenty of rules broken with this lady...I look for other TS reps if I ever want something.

I'd rather focus on one thing and do it well, but starting out to get them to "convert over" it'd be great for them to do both, keep good accounting records and PROVE that PC is the best around!

Um yeah - that right there is breaking the rules.....you aren't supposed to sell anything else when you are representing PC. You can sell both, but not at the same time!

ChefBeckyD said:
Um yeah - that right there is breaking the rules.....you aren't supposed to sell anything else when you are representing PC. You can sell both, but not at the same time!

Yeah, I won't mention my stories with these too...I try to ignore them and hope they go away...unfortunately she is signed under her best friend in the area who is a director with 15-18 consultants. She constantly recruits but then drives the good people from the business if they don't want to do a lot. Very pushy lady - called me when I first joined and was quite rude...

I just avoid them and the negativity and run my own business. My recruiter is moving in < 2 weeks to NC so I'm the only one in my cluster in the area...I'm NOT about to be pushed out though. :D

There is plenty of business to be had.

1. Can I represent more than one direct selling company as a Pampered Chef rep?

Yes, Pampered Chef allows their reps to represent more than one direct selling company. However, it is important to check with your other companies to ensure that there are no conflicts of interest or restrictions.

2. Do I have to disclose that I am representing multiple direct selling companies?

Yes, it is important to be transparent about your business activities. When promoting products or hosting events, you should disclose that you are also a rep for another company. This will help maintain trust with your customers.

3. Are there any limitations on how many direct selling companies I can represent?

Pampered Chef does not have a limit on the number of direct selling companies you can represent. However, it is important to consider your time and resources when taking on multiple businesses. It is recommended to focus on a few companies rather than spreading yourself too thin.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef products to promote other direct selling companies?

As a Pampered Chef rep, you are welcome to use their products to promote other direct selling companies. However, it is important to follow the guidelines and policies set by Pampered Chef when using their products for advertising or promotion.

5. How can I balance representing multiple direct selling companies with my Pampered Chef business?

It is important to prioritize and manage your time effectively when representing multiple direct selling companies. Make sure to set clear boundaries and communicate with your customers and teams. Utilizing social media and online tools can also help with managing multiple businesses. It is also recommended to have a strong support system and delegate tasks when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMelissa
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • finley1991