• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why do male consultants find success in the PC business?

In summary, the conversation revolves around reasons for joining a PC business, with the main reasons being love for the products and financial needs such as paying for college and a wedding. The conversation also touches on the supportive nature of the PC community and the importance of persistence in sales. The conversation also briefly mentions a male consultant and his unique approach to hosting shows.
twinkie10
Gold Member
1) Why did you want to begin your PC business?

2) What could I say to encourage him to give it a try?

you are filled with awesome questions tonight!! Can't wait to hear answers for this one too!
It's scary, I believe you can read my mind!

amy07 said:
you are filled with awesome questions tonight!! Can't wait to hear answers for this one too!
It's scary, I believe you can read my mind!

lol she sure does have a lot of ?s but I love it! Can't wait to see what people say on this one...

I have a list of reasons to join.

1. Love PC products, kitchen is already full. Was doing the show for the consultant
when I would atend the parties...
2. 2 kids in college.
3. 1 to get married in Sept 2009
4. to pay for college & wedding... dip into retirement or.. do PC
5. alternative was to get a part time job working for someone else.

those are the reason I decided to join! Been lovin it since.. Had a blast at NC!

Also before someone asks, about my wife supporting what I'm doing or why she's not doing this rather than me, I'm widowed.

colegrovet said:
I have a list of reasons to join.

1. Love PC products, kitchen is already full. Was doing the show for the consultant
when I would atend the parties...
2. 2 kids in college.
3. 1 to get married in Sept 2009
4. to pay for college & wedding... dip into retirement or.. do PC
5. alternative was to get a part time job working for someone else.

those are the reason I decided to join! Been lovin it since.. Had a blast at NC!

Also before someone asks, about my wife supporting what I'm doing or why she's not doing this rather than me, I'm widowed.

awesome. But did the Consultant offer the opportunity to you, or did you ask for info?

she offered it to me at each show I attended.. I said yes on the 4th show!!!!

Persistence is definitely the key, huh? I have used the excuse (in my head) that "3 strikes and you're out", but you remind us all that we just have to keep asking until they either say "NO!" or "YES!" :)

colegrovet said:
she offered it to me at each show I attended.. I said yes on the 4th show!!!!

Hey Terry, DH used to run a sqaudron out of Andrews AFB, but his office was in Glen Burnie, MD- we lived near Columbia... when you get a chance, will you stop by Ann's Hot dog stand and get a foot long and a strawberry shake for me? Boy do I miss Ann's!

Kacey,
Will do... Love stopping by there.. I'm about 4 miles from there.. :)

colegrovet said:
Kacey,
Will do... Love stopping by there.. I'm about 4 miles from there.. :)

Man- I'm jealous! The only downside to eating at Ann's is the fact that it stays with you for about 2 days after you've eaten there! :) LOL

DH and I were considering moving back- but when we saw the house we used to live in on the market for about $250K more than what we paid for it, we felt the Cost of Living was too steep for us to return!

Enjoy that deep fried footlong, and have a super evening! :)

I would love to find a male PC consultant in my area and go to one of his shows...

my shows tend to be a little Insane. :D my friends say I'm 1/2 nuts to begin with..
I bring humor and information to my shows, not just the products.. I always give at least 3-4 reasons they would want a product.

such as how do you calabrate your pocket thermometer? does it read the right temp?

Easy... put it in a glass of ice water! Ice water is always 32 degrees.. that way you know if your PT is accurate.

Learned that from a health inspector when my wife and I were in charge of a little league consession stand.

colegrovet said:
my shows tend to be a little Insane. :D my friends say I'm 1/2 nuts to begin with..
I bring humor and information to my shows, not just the products.. I always give at least 3-4 reasons they would want a product.

such as how do you calabrate your pocket thermometer? does it read the right temp?

Easy... put it in a glass of ice water! Ice water is always 32 degrees.. that way you know if your PT is accurate.

Learned that from a health inspector when my wife and I were in charge of a little league consession stand.

Thanks for the tip! Makes total sense, but I never thought of it.

OK. I joined up 7 years ago. I became interested int he products in 1998 when I attended my very first party. I bought a Hamburger Press whihc I REALLY wish they would bring back, The large Round Stone with Rack, pizza cutter and Season's Best. I still have all of them except the Hamburger Press. I still use, display and LOVE my stone! Yes, I was offered the opportunity but the timing was all wrong.
In 1999 I went to our State Fair and signed up with some lady named Debbie to have a show. We scheduled for September, changed the dates three times, moved it to October, then I totally dropped it. No time. The following year I found the PC booth again at the fair and signed up again. Guess who the lady was? Yep, Deb! I promised ot carry through with the party and we went for September. Again! Nope, Didn't happen until October BUT IT DID HAPPEN! Well, I had studied the catalog from top to bottom to side to back to up and down. I was answering guest questions before Debbie could get to them! I had a ball. AND I WAS MAJORLY HOOKED! We had an $800 plus party. I am a full time Computer Operator and Programmer. I grew up cooking for family and entertained even as a kid! I signed my paper work about a month later. My first cooking show was March 1, 2001. That month I did $1725 in sales with 3 parties. $578 average. I was so hooked!!!
I HAD FUN.
So my reasons:
1) LOVED THE PRODUCTS AND HAD TO HAVE MORE THAN I GOT FROM MY $800 party!
2) I WAS SO MUCH FUN AT MY PARTY, I had found a great "break" from my regular job!
3) The extra money certainly was a great idea.
To able to earn extra money, earn great products and have fun doing it? Who could ask for more?

I hosted a show in March 2006. I had a great show - $1200 - and I got a TON of free stuff, yadayada. I, too, had been looking for an outlet that was mine - no one else's. I love the PC products. My recruiter (now a SD) sent me the breakdown on what I would have made if I had been a consultant. That was the turning point for me. I knew there was money to be made and that it would be fun in the process. I signed up in May 2006 and did $22k in sales by the end of the year!! For part time, I was extremely happy - and happier still to get that 2% commission bump!!
I think maybe a lot of guys (this may be where you were going with the question) think there is some sort of 'stigma' with guys pimping kitchen stuff. I just don't see that! We have quality products for competitive pricing!
So, if a guy is looking for a PT job (I can't speak to a FT job in PC), I would say go for it! I can earn more in 2 nights a week than part-time at a retail job or something - and get more than just a paycheck!!

Wow guys! Great stories! You guys are all great inspirations to me for not giving up on ANYONE! I have been trying to nail down a date for an all-guys show with the first guy who ever attended one of my parties. He couldn't believe he was the first (I had been doing PC for about a year then). He decided he wanted to have one, but it's been about 7 or 8 months now and still nothing, but we will get it going when the timing's right! :)

My brother is joining my team- He is divorced, and looking for something to occupy his evenings. His 1st goal is to buy a motorcycle next Spring. he is shy, and hoping this will draw him out some, and he LOVES to cook.

This has been such a refreshing thread. Thanks, guys, for responding.

Yeah, I second that Grandmarita! It is very nice to hear from the men! Go Men!!!

just found this!

I was mesmerized at a PC show my wife hosted. I liked the products she bought, just couldn't understand why she didn't buy more of them. The consultant that night invited me, but I had 3 other jobs (truly!) and the time wasn't right. About 14 months later I tried to join with that consultant but she had moved, and I didn't have her phone so I buzzed her up on PC.com - no response. I entered it again about a month later. Still no response. so...

I hit the "find me a consultant" button on PC.com and became a HO lead.

I started primarily for a positive outlet and recognition. My ft job was a minefield and I struggled for my position, my attitude and its very future. From PC I liked the paycheck, and I loved the products. My first show was 3 1/2 hours long, but one of those guests was my first actual host and one of her guests helped me coordinate a 3300 fundraiser!

My last 8 shows have been with hosts I never knew before PC. The business truly grows itself as long as you give it some energy.

My favorite products are stones and unique things like double salad shears and mix & chop. I try to be fast, funny, informative and sincere. My show average is 565, but am working to ramp it up. I have 3 currently and am looking to add more to my team.

Various wrinkles have challenged me and my PC business, but Nat.Conference helped me see them in a much better perspective, and taught me something very important. CONSISTENCY pays.

I just wrote a mission statement - come to one of my cluster meetings to learn about this; it helps focus and secure your PC future!

I just purchased a wall slogan from another direct sales company - as a member of DSWA, I am committed to purchasing $100 of my monthly budget with a direct seller somewhere (not myself) to keep the industry thriving. The slogan reads... GRIT is a part of integrity.

With that, I'm getting offline and back to the phones - you guys are awesome, but need IPA and this isn't it. (Income Producing Acitivity).

Another consultant at conference reminded me - are you working "on" your business (newsletters, online stuff, emails, making flyers, stamping catalogs, stuffing hostess packets) or are you working your business? Get on the phone.

Take care, all!

To recruit more guys:Do COUPLES shows - guys will actually buy, and buy bigger ticket items than wives. Some wives will feel more secure purchasing higher end products with husbands there.Ask each host to invite guy friends. Guys cook; certainly guys eat!

I agree with the couples show idea. Guys like gadgets.
I didn't know what PC was until I heard my recruiter talking about needing to run a PC errand. I asked about it being interested in having my own business. Then I asked several of my neighbors and found several of my future customers that couldn't wait for me to get started. I was invited to a cluster meeting and signed that night. My first recruit is also male. I asked him if I could do a fundraiser for his son's cub scout troop. He said that his wife had been to a party and told him that he needed to sell PC. He called me two days later wanting my consultant number. We both recruited ourselves.

1. How can I become a male consultant for Pampered Chef?

To become a male consultant for Pampered Chef, you can sign up on our website or contact a current consultant for more information. We welcome all individuals who are passionate about cooking and sharing our products with others.

2. Are there any specific products or tools that are geared towards male consultants?

No, all of our products and tools are designed for anyone who loves to cook and entertain. We believe that anyone can be a successful consultant regardless of their gender.

3. How does Pampered Chef support male consultants in their business?

We offer training and resources for all consultants, including male consultants. We also have a diverse community of consultants who support and inspire each other, regardless of gender.

4. Are there any events or conferences specifically for male consultants?

While we do not have any events exclusively for male consultants, we do have regional and national conferences where all consultants can connect and learn from each other. We also have online communities for consultants to network and share ideas.

5. Can male consultants host parties and events just for men?

Absolutely! We encourage all consultants to host parties and events that cater to their specific audience. Hosting a men-only event can be a great way to introduce our products to a new demographic and showcase how cooking can be enjoyable for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fortunes4
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • WonderMonkey