• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opportunity Night ("Boxing Day or Christmas in July)

In summary, the speaker is planning to have a "Boxing Day/Christmas in July" gathering for friends and family to see them open the boxes and be like a kid on Christmas. They are thinking of doing an actual show and taking orders, but they are worried about not being able to set a date until they know the shipping date. They are also worried about mail.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Some time soon, I will have a LOT of boxes coming to my door. (See my "Whilwind of Excitement" thread in the Wave 1 forum.

I am thinking of having a "Boxing Day/Christmas in July" gathering for friends and family to see me open the boxes and be like a kid on Christmas. I would have gifts for them too (I also bought surprise boxes and have some leftover doodads in my gift closet that I could part with ... both PC and non-PC.) As I took things out, I would say, something like, "You don't understand how cool this salad spinner is. It will save me so much money because dry berries and lettuce will last so much longer." (*Disclaimer* ... I don't know what is in the boxes or when they will arrive.) Of course, I would talk about the "gift" of the fabulous opportunity, promotions and how, being my family and friends, they would have ample opportunity to borrow items from me any time they wanted to try a product.

Should I make this just an informal opportunity night .. .or do an actual show and take orders? Also ... I have no idea when stuff will arrive. Should I do a preliminary "stay posted" e-mail and ask people to give me their phone numbers if they want to be invited?

I've never done ANYTHING like this before ...

I would just invite everyone you can (send email invites too) and tell them about what you are doing. Invite them to come and join you in your surprise and be a part of your excitement.
Then be ready for orders, bookings etc.
Too bad you dont know what all you are getting...what if you open up something and it is so nothing you would have ever wanted and you don't know anything about it. Of course, having said that...I think even the items that aren't for me, I know about!! LOL I am sure you could wing it just fine!!
I am so excited for you!!
Do you think there is anyway that you can "look-up" when it is coming? Maybe in shipment status or as a product adjustment peek?!
I can only imagine your anticipation!!!

i have heard about people doing this when the starter kit arrives...i think its a great idea esp for booking (you can get free stuff too) and recruiting (look how pc treats us, like gold!) you may also pique interest in the products.

i would invite past hosts and guests too, i am sure you are the type of consultant who leaves a warm impression.

again, congrats on the big win!!!

Well, I COULD be really sneaky and open "box 1" which has the packing list before the show ... just to have an idea what to say.I KNOW there is a 7-piece set of stainless cookware in there ... and I also saw a thing for a silicone floral cake pan ... and something with dotts .. but I don't think I will tell people I even know that much!I've not been married yet so I've never had a "shower" or anything ... and PC is giving me fabulous gifts!I'm a little concerned about not being able to set a date until I know the shipping date, and with FedEx being so speedy, it will only give me a day or 2 to plan, so mail is OUT! I am thinking of doing a preliminary e-mail similar to "save the date" that asks people to contact me if they might be interested in attending something like this!

I think the packing list just shows what's in that box, so it probably wouldn't help you too much. Can you call the solution center & ask them to look it up? I'm sure they've had eager consultants before. :D

I asked them right there and they wouldn't tell me ... I think that is part of the fun of the spree ... it's the ultimate surprise box!

Right - but at that time, it wouldn't have even been in processing for shipment yet. By now, they've had a chance to pack everything up & get it sent out.

I know of a couple of consultants that had their products make it home before they did. I think I remember you having the HO tour on the last day, so maybe tomorrow you'll receive stuff?

OH ... not even close! They said a "week or two." Consultant's corner is not showing anything ... believe me, I've checked!Many have said the surprise boxes made it home before them ... but the first one I ordered is just now hitting the fedex radar, and it's not on CC, I used the tracking number to find it. The second, which includes my minis, probably will be at least a day or two behind.Others on the bus were wondering if they would wait until all 3 waves were done ... that would KILL ME but much more so if I had packages there that I could not open ... next week will be a busy one for me ... I will be working on a special project.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Well, I COULD be really sneaky and open "box 1" which has the packing list before the show ... just to have an idea what to say.

I KNOW there is a 7-piece set of stainless cookware in there ... and I also saw a thing for a silicone floral cake pan ... and something with dotts .. but I don't think I will tell people I even know that much!

I've not been married yet so I've never had a "shower" or anything ... and PC is giving me fabulous gifts!

I'm a little concerned about not being able to set a date until I know the shipping date, and with FedEx being so speedy, it will only give me a day or 2 to plan, so mail is OUT! I am thinking of doing a preliminary e-mail similar to "save the date" that asks people to contact me if they might be interested in attending something like this!

I really like the "save the date" idea. I think this will be a great way to find out who is interested and who isn't.
That so stinks that you can't tell yet what you have or when it will show up!!
I wouldn't be able to wait for other people to show up! The suspense would kill me. But to wait and have them there to see your surprise...that is so much better!!
Such a great way to get leads and bookings and recruits!!!
I can't wait to find out what you get and I am not you!!! I can only imagine what you are feeling!!! LOL!!

Just checked Consultant's Corner ... they are "picking" my FIVE BOXES! :D

They should be in Ohio on Thursday ... probably not before I go to work! :cry:

So ... Friday will be my day to do this ... I will keep busy cleaning my house, wrapping "presents" and baking "christmas cookies" to keep my mind off those unopened boxes ... ;)

Here is the flyer I designed!

Attachments

• Boxing Day.doc
    88.5 KB · Views: 259
:thumbup:Love the flyer! I think it should attract a crowd. Maybe you can wrap up some Christmas gifts for the guests. Give each guest a number and then call the numbers so they can go pick a gift from under the "tree". Let us know how things go and CONGRATULATIONS!!

See! I just knew they wouldn't make you wait too long. Cute flyer & CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thanks ... I don't think I'll be setting up a "tree" but maybe I'll put some Christmas ribbon on the Ficus ... and it will be fun finding candy canes this time of year!

Good thing is this week I am on day shift a lot ... which makes it easier to make calls and distribute flyers to my neighbors!

1. What is Opportunity Night ("Boxing Day or Christmas in July")?

Opportunity Night is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef where we offer exclusive deals and promotions on our products, similar to the sales and discounts offered during Boxing Day or Christmas in July.

2. When is Opportunity Night held?

Opportunity Night is typically held in July, but the exact date may vary each year. Be sure to check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for the specific date of this year's event.

3. Can anyone attend Opportunity Night?

Yes, anyone can attend Opportunity Night! It is open to both current and potential customers, as well as anyone interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. How can I participate in Opportunity Night?

To participate in Opportunity Night, you can either attend an in-person event hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant, or shop online through their personal website. You can also contact a consultant to host your own Opportunity Night and earn rewards!

5. What kind of deals and promotions can I expect during Opportunity Night?

We offer a variety of special deals and promotions during Opportunity Night, including discounted products, exclusive bundles, and free gifts with purchase. These deals are only available during the event, so be sure to take advantage of them while you can!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • dkitten13
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • nicolespcshows