• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Delay Signing Because of Changing Paperwork

In summary, there are pros and cons to waiting to join PCA until the new catalog comes out. The biggest pro is that the New Consultants can leverage July and August to hold their initial shows and build their booking calendars for September. The cons are that if their goal is to be successful (and make money), they will be glad to have the momentum that having a strong September will bring. They can start earning money now while also getting comfortable doing shows. The more they know about the products and the more comfortable they are with host coaching, selling, and the business in general the more successful they will be come September.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Some recent comments in the chat box made me want to share some thoughts about whether someone should wait to sign because of the changing paperwork next month. I don't think we are helping New Consultants by encouraging them to wait. (Please excuse anything that doesn't make sense. I'm typing fast cause I'm tired, but I know if I don't do this now, it probably won't get done.)

Misconception: I should wait and start with the new catalog in September (or at least wait until the consultant kit includes both summer and fall paperwork).
- Our biggest selling season is the Sep-Dec timeframe. New consultants can leverage July and August to hold their initial shows and build their booking calendars for September. If their goal is to be successful (and make money), they will be glad to have the momentum that having a strong September will bring .
- They can start earning money now while also getting comfortable doing shows. The more they know about the products and the more comfortable they are with host coaching, selling, and the business in general the more successful they will be come September.
- By joining this month, they can earn PC$ in July/August and purchase new product samples for free...and have them in time for their September shows.

Misconception: It's a waste to get the Summer catalogs this late in the season.
- Those summer catalogs will make great 'business cards' once their August shows are ending...and for New Consultants, the more their name is out there, the better.
- They will be able to get the new catalogs with the discounted bonus supply package. (Make sure they write "Fall/Winter catalogs only" on the order form before mailing....versus using P3).
- They should still receive the changeover kit so they will have fall catalogs and materials for their September host coaching (which is why we get the changeover kit)

Misconception: My friends and family will want to wait for the new catalog.
- Not necessarily. July is an incredible host special. We can't guarantee them their July hosts will have shows of $500 or more, but we can help them with the host coaching.
-July/August shows can have great sales because of the changing season. New Consultants (and the rest of us) can leverage the discontinuing items and coming price increases to generate sales.
- The complete August host special isn't announced yet, but the "two new products" available to Aug hosts will probably be pretty amazing. And August hosts will likely get the Sep and Oct host specials anyway thru the booking benefit.
- Many friends and family will book now, if the New Consultant shares with them how much it will help them get started.

I am strongly discouraging my potential consultants from waiting. I want them to be as successful as possible and get the most out of the coming season. Not waiting will give them a head start. (But it is still always their decision on when to sign!)

I have to stop and go to bed. I just wanted to share these thoughts before I lost them. There are directors here who have a whole lot more experience than me, so here's hoping they post if I'm not thinking this thru right. (And these are just my thoughts; your milegae may vary. ):chef:

Last edited:
Great topic! I signed in November and with the holidays and being new I didn't have much business at that time. But I wouldn't have traded it for nothing. I was able to have time to get into a great groove by the time the new catalog came out.

GREAT point. I think that having a month or two to build up momentum for our busy fall selling season has been great for some people. I have a consultant who wanted to wait until June to sign because she is a teacher and wanted school to be done. Many of her potential first hosts were teachers too, so she figured they'd want to wait until the year was done. Well, she DID sign in June, but doesn't have her first show until August. I think if she started sooner, that momentum would have been building sooner and she'd have a fuller schedule. Just something to ponder......

Thank you for the reminders. I have two fence sitters that are thinking September and this may help me get them started earlier!

I agree! I started in the summer months, and used those months to build my fall schedule- it was fun getting that pink ribbon that I had beat my director twice in sales!!!

I got one pack of each catalog- some spring summer, and some fall winter...

Good topic. Thanks for the advice.

You are sooooo right. I was thinking the same thing about joining in September...but I joined on June 27th and now I can get started, get qualified before the September catalog comes out and I am startin off September with my OWN open house to REALLY show off my new business and the New catalog. I was going to wait, but I am a teacher and now i have off of work and I can learn more these next few weeks before I go back to work at the beginning of August. YAHOO! GOOD ADVICE!
Denise :)

dianevill said:
Thank you for the reminders. I have two fence sitters that are thinking September and this may help me get them started earlier!

And trust me....you want to get them started sooner!:D:thumbup:

Now Becky, what could you possibly mean?! :)

JAE said:
Now Becky, what could you possibly mean?! :)

Isn't sooner always better than later?:angel:

Hey Becky, just had to say hi from Delton, MI where I am on vacation with my family! Hope you had a great time at NC, it's good to see you around here again (and all of the other wave 1 people).

Wave 2 and 3 people, have fun, I can't wait to hear all of the news at the end of the week!

Annabel

AnnieBee said:
Hey Becky, just had to say hi from Delton, MI where I am on vacation with my family! Hope you had a great time at NC, it's good to see you around here again (and all of the other wave 1 people).

Wave 2 and 3 people, have fun, I can't wait to hear all of the news at the end of the week!

Annabel

Hi Annabel!

What a great time to be on vacation in Michigan! Yesterday was a perfect day! We spent the afternoon/evening in Grand Haven - gorgeous! Today is just as beautiful. Enjoy your stay.....will you be making your way to Grandville this time?

Thanks so much for posting this... I was thinking of doing the same but you put it sooo much better than I would have.

This is a great point.I started in November and while I did earn some Sell-a-thon products, I really do not think I was poised to take full advantage of the fall selling season, the sell-a-thon and other great promotions that take place in September.Please trust me when I say there has NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME for someone to start their business!(Will August recruits get the new paperwork? If not, no biggie ... they will get the kit changeover just like all of us ... and then they can order the FBB in their first 60 days!)

You So have to sign them
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Isn't sooner always better than later?:angel:

Sooner is truly better than later - and Aug. 13th is a good day too.

And this is just one more reason why I LOVE Leggy!!! :love: (in a non gay way!!)

1. What do you mean by "changing paperwork"?

Changing paperwork refers to any updates or revisions made to the initial documents or contracts that you were presented with. This could include changes in terms, conditions, or pricing.

2. Why is it important to not delay signing because of changing paperwork?

It is important to not delay signing because of changing paperwork because it can lead to missed opportunities or lost deals. The longer you wait to sign, the more likely it is that the terms may change or the offer may no longer be available.

3. What should I do if I notice changes in the paperwork?

If you notice changes in the paperwork, it is important to address them with the person presenting the documents to you. Ask for clarification on the changes and make sure you fully understand the new terms before signing.

4. Can I negotiate the changes in the paperwork?

Yes, you can negotiate the changes in the paperwork if you feel they are not in your best interest. It is important to communicate your concerns and negotiate for terms that are more favorable to you before signing.

5. Is it common for paperwork to change during the signing process?

Yes, it is common for paperwork to change during the signing process. This is often due to negotiations or updates in policies or regulations. However, it is important to carefully review and understand any changes before signing to protect yourself and your interests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ktraceyk
  • kdangel518
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefann
  • ChefBeckyD