• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Mil Signed Up Under My Aunt: Annoyed?

but thankfully, I have a great friend who is ecstatic about our products and helps me out a lot!Absolutely, if she is passionate about it, she will figure it out. Don't be mad, but try to understand her reasoning. Although it may not be what you wanted, it's what she wants and she will eventually come around to signing with you.
melaniepc
my mil told me she wanted to sign up under me for pampered chef and then last night she signed up under my aunt for aubornne. I was kinda annoyed but I am trying not to take it personally. do you ever get upset at family or friends that sign up under a different company? I would never be mad at her but it still kinda stung a bit

Maybe her passion is skin care and not kitchen tools. Don't let it bother you. Personally, I think that the way Arbonne is structured she will have to work a lot harder than if she were with PC, but then again, if she is passionate about it she may find it works for her. If not, she may eventually come around and sign with you too.

Don't let her know you are upset with her. Congratulate her on her ner business and whenever you can :) tell her how well you are doing with PC :) but, don't rub it in! kwim

Also, did she sign with Arbonne to do the business or just for the personal discount? I thnk it's basically the same process it's just how you choose to use it.

friends & family are the worst to deal with in business...let it go and work hard to get out of that circle!

chefmeg said:
friends & family are the worst to deal with in business...let it go and work hard to get out of that circle!

absolutely...my one and only sister has never hosted a show for me and never will....it stings, but you get over it....

chefmeg said:

I couldnt agree more---

sign her up---It may not mean she is going to do parties--That company-is notorious for signing people for a personal discount---A friend of mine said her consultant-signed her and many others KEPT there kits-and didn't charge them to get recruits---sad---

I agree with Morfia. Most people I know who signed with Arbonne did it for the discount. Did she tell you she does not want to sign with PC? If not, go for it!

I am not quite sure she just sent me an email saying her sister was going to have a aparty to support her so I just figured that meant she signed up to be a consultant, she was asking them lots of questions last night so I know she was thinking about it. I know I am just being a total baby but I was excited to start building a team.. but I think she will realize its very hard and that stuff is very expensive.. but we shall see

DO NOT give up on herI have a similar story, but it is working out in the end. I have a favorite hostess of mine (consistently does $1000 shows) that is now a friend. She sold Tupperware several years ago, and after her 1st $1000 show, she was going to sign with me. She decided to sell Lia Sophia, instead. We remained friends, and just recently she moved downstate to a more rural area. I got an E-mail from her yesterday, that Lia Sophia really does not go as well in her new area, and believes it is time to join my team. If I had given up on her, or had an attitude 3 years ago, we would not have our friendship now, and she would be joining someone else's team.

I think the biggest disappointment is that she didn't TELL you that she was going to do this. But don't be upset b/c you never know what will happen or what she's thinking. I personally could only sell PC and I have friends that sell other stuff that say they couldn't sell PC. My best friend started selling TW about 1 yr after I started PC and her logic was that we share family and so she didn't want to "compete". They don't exactly do shows for me so it wouldn't be a big deal. HOWEVER, now she's the BEST helper ever at expos! She knows the product pretty well and we can practically read each other's minds so work super well together. So, I have a super helper, but I keep the sales & the leads. Of course, I treat her to a girl's getaway once or twice a year so she gets "paid". Good luck! I'm sure that it will work out somehow.

As disheartening as it is, not every product line is for everyone. I love our products, but I know people who do well selling other things because that's what they're interested in. Personally, I could never sell cosmetics, skin care, or vitamins because it helps to actually use the products one is selling. Not to wish her bad luck with her new endeavor, but maybe in a couple of years she'll see that PC products are more practical and therefore appeal to a larger market.

I hope things work out for you. I wish she had not of gotten your hopes up to begin with. I think when it comes to family someone needs to be sure before they make a comment like that.

I had told my sister about one of the many recruiting promos we had going and I had actually signed 4 consultants under me and was getting anxious excited...well my sister said that scrapbooking was more her thing. I completely understood and helped her launch a very short lived career with them.
She still doesn't want to sell PC, but as long as she hosts every now and again, I am okay with it!!

You never know what may happen still-many people sign up for Arbonne for the discount. She could still sign up with you to make money...I had a family member sign up to do Beauticontrol and I was crushed at first. She has still done shows for me since. Even if she doesn't sign under you, you will at least still most likely have a good customer from the experience. We have to remember everyone has to find their "niche".

I wish you the best, whichever direction this goes...

Some people think taking the PC stuff is too much to carry.... and they don't want to clean up after shows.
A gal I know that does Silpada carries all her stuff in one plastic box. It is practically the entire product line. It is a lot less to carry, and not nearly as heavy as PC.

melaniepc said:
my mil told me she wanted to sign up under me for pampered chef and then last night she signed up under my aunt for aubornne. I was kinda annoyed but I am trying not to take it personally. do you ever get upset at family or friends that sign up under a different company? I would never be mad at her but it still kinda stung a bit

I have a personal story that can relate to this. My recruiter is a good friend who I have done shows for since she started nearly 4 years ago. I would go to her shows and say "ooh I LOVE that!" and she would tell me I needed to sell it. Well about a year ago I decided to go back to selling Mary Kay as I had done several years ago. Andrea made a comment like "bummer you could have done Pampered Chef" but she supported me in my decision. Of course since I have an aversion to the whole Mary Kay inventory thing, it hasn't worked out. Even trying to place an order every so many months to be able to keep my discount hasn't worked. I still did my standard show about every 6 months with Andrea like I always had. Finally I told her as soon as I had the money for the kit, I would let her know since that was my only obstacle. Then I got a bonus and here I am. Just a couple weeks into it and I am LOVING IT and can't wait to do more. Mary Kay NEVER had the kind of support system you find in here, as well as my recruiter.

My advice....be supportive of her, but still remind her about Pampered Chef. Encourage her to do shows as she has in the past. Let her see your excitement. As Arbonne fizzes out, she will come around.

1. What should I do if my MIL signed up under my aunt without my permission?

If your MIL signed up under your aunt without your permission, you should first contact your aunt and explain the situation. You can also reach out to Pampered Chef customer service for assistance in resolving the issue.

2. Can I transfer my MIL's account to my own?

Unfortunately, account transfers are not allowed in Pampered Chef. Your MIL will need to close her account and sign up under your name if you wish to have her on your team.

3. Will my aunt receive credit for my MIL's sales?

No, only the sponsor of the consultant will receive credit for their sales. In this case, your aunt will receive credit for your MIL's sales since she is the one who sponsored her.

4. Can I change my MIL's sponsor to myself?

No, you cannot change the sponsor of a consultant in Pampered Chef. Your MIL will need to close her account and sign up under your name if you wish to be her sponsor.

5. How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

To prevent this from happening in the future, make sure to clearly communicate with your family and friends about your Pampered Chef business and the importance of signing up under the correct sponsor. You can also reach out to Pampered Chef customer service for assistance in verifying the sponsor of a potential consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • KarenMarie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • pamperedpals