• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toPromote or Not...opinions Please!

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of whether or not to accept directorship in a direct sales company called Pampered Chef. The original poster has five recruits and is unsure if she should accept directorship, as she is worried about maintaining the required number of active consultants. Others in the conversation encourage her to go for it, as the benefits of being a director are great and there is a grace period in which she does not have to meet the requirements. They also advise her to continue recruiting in order to have a buffer and not lose directorship in the future. The monthly requirements for maintaining directorship include $750 in personal sales, $4000 in cluster sales (personal and first line), and having 5 active consultants in the first line
pcheflisad
Hi All-

I'm new to this board (can't believe it took me so long to find it!). I just qualified my 5th recruit and have 1 more signed, but not doing anything yet (she signed May 30th).

No one on my team is a full time consultant - most just do enough to stay active. One girl on my team has someone planning to sign on Aug. 1st.

So do I accept directorship? I don't want to get it and then lose it b/c I can't keep 5 active - what are your thoughts? I usually do the sales requirement myself every month so that's not a problem. I've never been a strong recruiter but have been getting better.

Opinions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Lisa

I have been told over and over that it is harder to GET directorship than to KEEP it!

Once you step up, then your recruit's recruits count towards your 5....to GET it, they all must be PERSONALLY recruited by you.

Talk to your director and/or Director's director and see what they say!

Is your overall goal to become a director? If that's the case, I would GRAB IT NOW and keep focusing more on recruiting!

Also, once you promote you only have to keep 5 active (not necessarily qualified) consultants on your team. Much less stress than keeping 5 qualified!

And, Kelly is right, your recruit's recruit will count towards your 1st line until they promote.

Hi Lisa!

I say "GO FOR IT"!!!

Pampered Chef sets the limit at five because attaining that number of recruits shows you are committed to recruiting and have the skills needed to be successful with it. Additionally, you will love the Home Office Leads. Two of the people on my team were Home Office Leads. Once you attain Directorship, Pampered Chef does not want you to lose it.

Definitely speak with your Director about it. The benefits of Directorship are just so great! My thought is you take it when you earn it and go from there. You will make more money, get more free products, get more trip points, etc. Do not let the opportunity pass you by!

GO FOR IT!!!

There's also a "honeymoon" period right after you promote, during which time you don't have to maintain the requirements (unless you want to get your overrides). It's a grace period for new directors. But you can use it to boost your recruiting effort and get some buffer consultants. :)

:DI would go for it!! I just Love being a New Director!!!

I am in a similar position. I have 4 active (3 qualified). My personal sales are not enough to carry the team each month (around 1000 to $1500 a month personally) and all 4 are very part time (maybe $1000 total between the 4 of them). I feel like I need to wait to promote even when I get the 5th signed. I have no plans or the time to do enough sales to carry the team.

chefann said:
There's also a "honeymoon" period right after you promote, during which time you don't have to maintain the requirements (unless you want to get your overrides). It's a grace period for new directors. But you can use it to boost your recruiting effort and get some buffer consultants. :)

Great point!!! As a new Director, you have a 3 month grace period to get you're stuff/team in order. Then, after that, you have the regular 3 month relinquishment period that all Director's get. So, all and all, you have 6 months to tweak your team and get to know what you will personally need to do, as well as add new team member to you're team too!

I'd definitely go for it now whie your team members are active/qualified to get you there, who's to say they will be months from now and you'll have to continue working at it to "get" Directorship once again.

Enjoy you're moment, and then make the committment to step you business up in the next 6 months while you're a new Director!!!

What are the monthly sales and any other requirements to maintain your directorship?

Personal sales: $750
Cluster sales (personal and first line): $4000
group: must have 5 active consultants in first lineTo receive leads, you must do $1250 personal sales 3 months out of 4. That's also the level that you need to maintain to receive samples at season change.

My Director gave me solid advice prior to my promoting (3 1/2 years ago)....keep a small cushion for yourself and promote at 8 qualified consultants. This is because people come and go and you need to not get yourself in the position right away of having to keep your Directorship.....
one other piece of advice....never stop recruiting!

chefmeg said:
My Director gave me solid advice prior to my promoting (3 1/2 years ago)....keep a small cushion for yourself and promote at 8 qualified consultants. This is because people come and go and you need to not get yourself in the position right away of having to keep your Directorship.....
one other piece of advice....never stop recruiting!

GREAT advise Meg.

If you yourself are not consistantly making 2K in sales (1/2 your team requirement) - I say follow Megs advice and build a cushion.

YES - new consultants first few months are usually very good - then what?

I only say this because that is exactly how I lost my Directorship. I am still recruiting - but can't seem to keep more than 4 at a time. Most on my team are very part time - barely staying active ($200.00 every 2 months) which is ecaxtly what I told them "You can work as little or as much as you want." ~ I do have one go getter that consistantly does ~1000 per month. Which means if I were to repromote - my team would be 4*200.00= $800.00 every other month and 1 @ 1K. I would need to make up the other $2200.00 - $3000 EVERY month. I just don't have that kind of sales each month. I hover around $1500.

I work full time and feel like I would need to do PC full time just to maintain my Team. I don't want to work 16 hour days - the whole idea was to work less:p I still keep my dream close to my heart and I will be seeing RED again soon!!

GREAT ADVICE MEG!!!

8 is a number I've heard often too.

It's your decision and you can make it best.

1. Can you maintain sales without it being a strain to yourself and family?
2. Are you comfortable with your show schedule?
3. Are you comfortable with your recruiting being consistent?

They always say 1/3 of consultants are coming, 1/3 are staying and 1/3 are going.

So, 2/3 of your total consultants need to equal 5.

Or 2/3(x) = 5 where x = 7.5

This is where I think the magic number 8 came from.

8 would cushion you for the comings and goings of your team.

Good luck deciding. The benefits will be great when you are ready for them!

Oh, and let me add...teach your consultants from day #1 to be recruiters. This will help you build and maintain that team!

I recommend you fill your calendar and have at least 6-8 shows a month. If you do this you will have the sales, bookings, and recruit leads to be successful. I just promoted May 1st and after comparing my commission check before and after promoting it is definately worth it. Plus the home office leads are AWESOME!!!!!! I now have 13 on my team, 5 recruited in May and June. 2 are on leave of Absense, 2 are on their way out the door, and 4 are barely staying active. So basically the 5 newbies are the ones that are working towards reaching their 4 shows in 30 days, which will help our team total. I was most scared when I promoted because I would be in qualification time is in the summer. I figure if I can make it through the summer, I can make it through anytime, right?

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! Keep us posted on what you decide to do. One thing to think about it is won't go into effect until the first of next month. How does your August calendar look?

janetupnorth said:
Oh, and let me add...teach your consultants from day #1 to be recruiters. This will help you build and maintain that team!

EXCELLENT advise! I wish now that there had been this kind of emphasis for me when I was new. My Director (who is now my AD) did no new consultant training, there was no on line training center, and I felt that recruiting was being pushy! I am sure there were many missed opportunities in my early years and I am grateful for my current Director and PC for really stepping up the information they give Directors and new consultants about recruiting!

Thanks everyone for the advice - I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm working hard to try to sign at least one more before the official call comes from HO - I think if I can do that I'll give them a yes, since I have a 6th already trying to qualify.

I'll let you know the final decision when I make it!!!

Lisa

Congrats Lisa! Take Directorship and RUN with it!

Something that hasn't been brought up in this thread is, are you willing to provide training & support for your team? Do you have enough time in your schedule for that?

Such as - reminding new consultants about promotion deadlines, being able to help them with PP3 or submit paperwork orders, explaining and reminding about kit enhancements & sample orders, making sure they really understand the past host booking benefit, alerting them if they're going to go inactive with enough notice for them to do something about it, suggestions on how to handle a personal website and email newletters, and probably a lot more I'm forgetting.

I have 2 personal recruits that come to me with all their questions. My director forwards a weekly email that is pretty much a badly reformatted version of PC NewsWire (I think she gets it from some director newletter loop). Her monthly meetings are not well attended because they're mainly a social thing, unless she's gotten new product to show everyone....those times, we get some prodcut training. Very little direction occurs, otherwise.

Promoting to director has a lot of great benefits for you, but additional responsibility comes with it, I assume. The Independent Sales Director Agreement doesn't seem to be posted on Consultant's Corner. By signing it, do you agree to a certain level of commitment to training new team members? I've read posts from others who are in a similar situation (ineffective director above them), is why I bring this up. PC doesn't need any more of those! I'm not saying you would be like that, of course.

So, well done on getting the recruits and go with your heart on the decision!

GOOD POINT!

The reason that you do not just "become" a Director (rather you have to accept the position) is because you do have a number of responsibilities that are expected of you~training, meetings, correspondence, and so on. By accepting Directorship, you accept the responsibility of these things....with the perks comes the work!
If you aren't ready to commit some extra time to those things, then by all means, don't accept Directorship. There are far too many D's and up that were never meant to be management material and it shows from what KSPRY told you about her Director!

Be aware that you can lose the people that are under you if you lose directorship. That's not a discouragement, but a really good reason to decide for yourself, not let others pressure you, which I've witnessed. Also, great advice about deciding to BE a director vs just reaping the benefits. I know directors that feel that they don't really have any responsibility to their group b/c it's their choice to do or not do and to keep up on the promotions and such. I don't feel this way and am excited to share stats and promotions and words of encouragement and suggestions. I know I'm not the "boss", but I do get paid to do it! I can't do anything if someone doesn't want to listen, but I can put my best effort forward.

I think since you do the $4K requirement by yourself monthly, I would go for it. I have 4 active and when I sign my 5th, I am not sure I will take it right away. I don't do the sales myself each month and most of my team are hobby consultants.

1. Can promoting my business with Pampered Chef really make a difference?

Yes, promoting your business with Pampered Chef can definitely make a difference. Our company has a strong reputation and a loyal customer base, which can help increase your reach and potential customer base. In addition, we provide our consultants with various marketing tools and tips to help them succeed.

2. Is promoting my business with Pampered Chef expensive?

No, promoting your business with Pampered Chef is not expensive. As a consultant, you have the option to choose from various affordable marketing materials and activities, such as hosting cooking shows, social media marketing, and sending out promotional emails. These activities can be tailored to fit your budget and target audience.

3. Will promoting my business with Pampered Chef require a lot of time and effort?

Promoting your business with Pampered Chef does require some time and effort, but it is not overwhelming. As a consultant, you have the flexibility to choose how much time and effort you want to put into promoting your business. We also provide our consultants with training and support to help them effectively promote their business.

4. What are the benefits of promoting my business with Pampered Chef?

There are many benefits to promoting your business with Pampered Chef. Some of the main benefits include building relationships with customers, earning income through commissions, and receiving discounts on products. Additionally, promoting your business can help you gain confidence, develop your communication skills, and grow your network.

5. Can I promote my business with Pampered Chef online?

Yes, you can promote your business with Pampered Chef online. We encourage our consultants to utilize social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, to promote their business and connect with potential customers. We also have a customizable website for consultants to showcase and sell our products online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 11accold
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • PCJenni