• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Recruiting Outside of Shows? Check Out These Tips!

In summary, In summary, the best way to recruit people is by being casual, being excited about what you do, and by scheduling a recruiting event soon after the trade show.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I do a pretty good job of recruiting people outside my shows (I think only 2 of my 10 consultants are from my shows). The place I'm struggling is talking about PC to employees in the places I visit - bank, grocery store, etc.

I'm an HR person during the day so I don't want to cross the line of actively recruiting people while they're at work..however I have come across a few people I'd love to work with. I know that having a one-on-one conversation is the best way to recruit someone, but when that fails, I figure if I get my info out to enough people, it will come back to me in some form.

What I'm looking for is an eye-catching, simple card that I can hand to employees when it's not appropriate to chat. Something that will pique their interest so they'll call me or at least check out my website.

Any ideas??

I wouldn't hand them a card - I'd tell them that you know now is not a good time to chat, so why don't they fill out the drawing slip with their information on when to contact them, and you'll call them to follow up on your conversation. I keep drawing slips in my car and purse just for this reason.

How would you open that conversation without saying 'hey I have a great job opportunity for you' I don't want to tick any managers off.

bumping this...

Winnipegk said:
I do a pretty good job of recruiting people outside my shows (I think only 2 of my 10 consultants are from my shows). The place I'm struggling is talking about PC to employees in the places I visit - bank, grocery store, etc.

How do you do it? Any tips?

PChefPEI said:
How do you do it? Any tips?

Well, I just talk about PC a LOT. I talk about Aruba, how much fun I'm having, how much money I'm making.

I have a lot of leads that are friends and coworkers. My mom will sign one day as well.

I'm really casual about recruiting in general. All you can do is be honest with people - tell them how much you love your job and ask them if they've ever thought about doing something like this.

My team breakdown:

1. Show Guest / Host - signed at her own show
2. Trade Show Lead - signed at a Sampling
3. Show Guest / Host - signed at her own show
4. Coworker
5. Coworker
6. Trade Show Lead - signed at the Trade Show
7. Show Guest / Host - signed at her own show
8. Show Guest
9. Consultant's Mom - signed at a Sampling
10. Sister

So I guess I'm half and half. I count the Trade Show Leads as "outside my shows".

Thanks for the tips! I am signed up to do a Bridal Fair in October, so hopefully I'll get a lot of leads there. Will have to look at what other trade shows are around. I guess you just have to get out there and be excited about PC! Doesn't sound too difficult! :)

PChefPEI said:
Thanks for the tips! I am signed up to do a Bridal Fair in October, so hopefully I'll get a lot of leads there. Will have to look at what other trade shows are around. I guess you just have to get out there and be excited about PC! Doesn't sound too difficult! :)

That's really all you have to do!

For your fair, the best tips I can give you for recruiting are:

- wear your apron - don't ask me why it just seems to help. confidence maybe?
- Use a simple draw slip - 2 questions (recruiting and hosting)
- Fill out the draw slip for them - "Have you ever thought about doing anything like what I do?" (after you explain what it is you do, of course)
- Schedule a recruiting event for not long after the trade show so you can invite all recruit leads to the event.

Hope that helps.

1. How can I effectively recruit outside of shows?

There are several ways to effectively recruit outside of shows. One method is to attend industry events and conferences to network and connect with potential candidates. You can also utilize social media platforms and job boards to reach a wider audience. Additionally, consider partnering with recruitment agencies or utilizing employee referrals to find qualified candidates.

2. What are some benefits of recruiting outside of shows?

Recruiting outside of shows allows you to reach a larger pool of candidates who may not attend industry events or trade shows. It also allows you to target specific skill sets or experience levels that are not always present at shows. Additionally, recruiting outside of shows can help to diversify your candidate pool and bring in fresh perspectives.

3. How can I make the most of recruiting outside of shows?

To make the most of recruiting outside of shows, it is important to have a clear understanding of your company's needs and the specific skills and experience you are looking for in candidates. This will help you target your recruiting efforts and connect with the most qualified individuals. It is also important to have a strong employer brand and an attractive job offer to entice potential candidates.

4. Are there any challenges to recruiting outside of shows?

One of the main challenges of recruiting outside of shows is the lack of face-to-face interaction and personal connections that can be made at events. It may also be more difficult to assess a candidate's personality and cultural fit without meeting them in person. Additionally, there may be a longer recruitment process when targeting candidates outside of shows.

5. How can I measure the success of recruiting outside of shows?

The success of recruiting outside of shows can be measured by tracking the number and quality of candidates you connect with, as well as the number of hires made through these efforts. You can also track the cost and time-to-hire for candidates recruited outside of shows compared to those recruited through other methods. Additionally, obtaining feedback from new hires on their experience with the recruitment process can also help gauge the success of recruiting outside of shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janej76
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
janej76
  • hunkiemunkie
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
raebates
  • esavvymom