• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruit Wants to Sign but Receives Ssi Benefits..

In summary, a person receiving SSI benefits can join the military but may have to meet certain qualifications and pass a physical exam. While in the military, their SSI benefits may affect their pay and they may be eligible for certain allowances and benefits based on their service. Joining the military will not cause a person to automatically lose their SSI benefits, but their income and resources may affect their benefits. They will still receive medical care while in the military and may need to inform their SSI office and discuss with their recruiter and legal assistance office about any special considerations.
jcsmilez
Gold Member
I have a potential recruit that is interested in the business but that is disabled due to injury and therefore receiving SSI benefits. Does anyone know how this works? Will she be able to do PC and still receive her SSI? Thanks

She needs to check with the SSI. It could affect her benefits and their view on what she is capable of doing job-wise. Maybe a call to HO would shed some light for you too.

She needs to consult the SS office. I think they can make a certain amount i addition to their benefits but cannot go over that amount or her benefits will be affected.

To make sure there are no mess up she needs to call the SS office and get something in writing IMHO.

My daughter recieves SSI.... My sales are constantly watched. It would be really difficult for her to sell and have SSI.

If she keeps thorough records of her deductions she can do it. She'll need to prove that money is going out to cover her costs of doing PC such as mileage, grocery costs, postage, etc.

Thanks all. She said she is going to talk about it with her SSI guy and take it from there. I hope that she can do this business - she's only wanting to do a few shows a month and PC can offer the flexibility so as not to overwhelm her.

My son draws SSI, while he was a minor they based his SSI on my income. Now that he is an adult he is allowed to make around 8000. annually. Every case is different as to the amout you can earn, and the disability.

1. Can a person receiving SSI benefits still join the military?

Yes, a person receiving SSI benefits can join the military. However, they may have to meet certain qualifications and pass a physical exam.

2. Will receiving SSI benefits affect the recruit's pay while in the military?

Yes, receiving SSI benefits may affect a recruit's pay while in the military. The military may reduce their pay by the amount of their SSI benefits, as they are considered income. However, they may be eligible for certain allowances and benefits based on their military service.

3. Can a person receiving SSI benefits lose their benefits if they join the military?

No, joining the military will not automatically cause a person to lose their SSI benefits. However, their benefits may be affected if their income or resources increase as a result of their military service.

4. Will a person receiving SSI benefits still receive medical care while in the military?

Yes, a person receiving SSI benefits will still receive medical care while in the military. They will have access to military healthcare and may also be able to keep their current healthcare coverage through their SSI benefits.

5. Are there any special considerations for recruits receiving SSI benefits?

Yes, there may be some special considerations for recruits receiving SSI benefits. They may need to inform their SSI office about their military service and may need to provide proof of their military pay and allowances. They may also need to discuss how their SSI benefits will be affected with their recruiter and a military legal assistance office.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • chefhorton
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pckimboyers
  • baychef