• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tupperware to Pampered Chef: Transitioning a Consultant

understands the requirements to stay active, though.I agree with what's been posted so far! Sign her!
I have someone who is currently a Tupperware consultant and wants to sign with PC for the discounts. I am hoping to turn her on to PC and get her geared more toward PC than Tupperware in the future.

Anyone had any experience with this in the past?

I have a consultant on my team who is VERY minimal. She has occasional catalog shows and reactivates in time to buy samples at a discount. She qualified w/o going inactive so I was able to get my points and she met her agreement. She also introduced me to a new consultant on my team. She also reactivated to give me an extra cushion for my directorship.

So, I have no problem with this. She just might decide to bump-up her biz one day.

I would never turn anyone away from the biz. They might be a kitnapper and again they might be a star!

I would encourage her to do 4 cooking shows to qualify---rather then the $1250 in sales. This way--if she enjoys doing the demos, she may just bump up the PC biz.

We try to encourage doing cooking shows to start so the bookings will flow for the future.

Good luck.

As long as she will fulfill her contractual obligation (4 shows or $1250 in sales) I seen no problem with it.Make sure she understands the requirements to stay active, though.

I agree with everyone else. Honestly, if they meet the contractual obligation, they are fully entitled to run their business (or not run it) any way they like.

As Linda pointed out, you never know where it will lead (or to who :chef: )

Deb, we must have been typing at the same time...and thinking the same thing!

legacypc46 said:
Deb, we must have been typing at the same time...and thinking the same thing!
And the same words. LOL - like minds...

That's the best part about this business, as long as you hold up your end of the "bargain" you can run your business how ever you want to. And at least she was upfront with you from the beginning so that you don't put a lot of work into someone who doesn't want to work a lot. Plus, it's points for you, she can earn free PC$ (use this to push her to do more in her first 90 days so she can get as much of a "discount" as she can), and another team member. You just never know, she may like it so much she goes for more than the discount.

I don't have a problem with it. At least they are wanting to meet the requirements to stay active. I had one that signed and did NOTHING, now that I have a problem with! I would much rather a person sign and stay active than do nothing. Plus, if you get to promote that is one recruit closer you are!!!

I'd sign her. She just may realize which is a better company to work for, and I'm guessing she already has customers.
What changed my mind about people who just work for the discounts is when I went to work for Bath & Body Works. I signed on for the re-set crew. We went in one Sunday night a month and re-set all the product displays. None of us were there for the $7 an hour, all of us were there for the 30% discount!! And we worked hard for our money!!!!

I was thinking the same thing as all of you. I sent her a copy of the Policies and Procedures portion about active, qualified and inactive. So she is fully informed about what she can expect.

I agree with what's been posted so far! Sign her! Make sure she gets her four shows done, and maybe she will LOVE IT and be a star! Or... maybe she'll just do enough to stay active! Many people I have talked to started out unsure but ended up loving the biz!

I agree with Linda's experience! :)

PCJenni said:
I am hoping to turn her on to PC and get her geared more toward PC than Tupperware in the future.

I'd sign her understanding HER goals and expectations for her business... not what YOU want her to do. If she just wants to do this to get the discount, let her. I wouldn't try to "turn her" because it never works and will end up being a big headache for you in the end.

When she's fulfilled her obligation, what she does with the biz is up to her. When and if she wants more, at that time you can guide her...

DebbieJ said:
As long as she will fulfill her contractual obligation (4 shows or $1250 in sales) I seen no problem with it.

Make sure she understands the requirements to stay active, though.

I agree ~ better than kit-nappers too! Remember, it's about THEM, not what you want. It's THEIR biz, not yours. After she qualifies...I could care less if that's what they want to do...it's their biz, not mine.

I did once sign a gal who just wanted the kit, but knew full well she had to do 4 shows. She signed in August and stayed around til the following spring. I got 2000 pts and promoted to Director with her as one of my five and she got what she wanted too.Just sign her!

She sent me an email saying she is going to sign this month and is EXCITED about it....1 more to Director!

PCJenni said:
I have someone who is currently a Tupperware consultant and wants to sign with PC for the discounts. I am hoping to turn her on to PC and get her geared more toward PC than Tupperware in the future.

Anyone had any experience with this in the past?

After I first started, my wife asked me to also sell Tupperware so she could get those discounts too. Personally, I have a hard time finding anyone interested in Tupperware.

She said she does about $1000 a month in sales with Tupperware. Not sure how that translates into a paycheck for her. She said their recruiting pitch is basically sign for the discounts. I explained how we approach it a bit differently. Seems like if all your customers signed for the discount you would run out of customers at some point!!???

My girlfriend signed and is a tupperware consultant and has done a few shows but then signed her hubby just for the additional discount plus the extra kit. She was all about just the discount. At least for me, once we stocked my kitchen with tupperware I'm done but with PC stuff (okay so I'm biased) people can always use more spices, cookbooks, gadgets, etc.

PCJenni said:
Seems like if all your customers signed for the discount you would run out of customers at some point!!???
Ultimately, if we were all great at recruiting, wouldn't the same happen with PC?

Theoretically, yes. But PC is like any DS company - people leave all the time. That's just part of the industry. It's not necessarily a negative, because it's just a result of peoples' lives changing.

1. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up online or through a consultant you know. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the tools and resources you need to get started. Once you have your kit, you can start hosting parties and building your business!

2. Can I still sell Tupperware while also selling Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can sell both Tupperware and Pampered Chef products as long as you are not bound by any exclusivity agreements with Tupperware. You may also want to check with your Tupperware team leader to ensure there are no conflicts of interest.

3. Will I need to purchase new products when transitioning to Pampered Chef?

No, you can continue to use your existing Tupperware products while transitioning to Pampered Chef. However, we recommend incorporating Pampered Chef products into your demonstrations to introduce your customers to our high-quality kitchen tools and cookware.

4. How does the commission structure compare between Tupperware and Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a competitive commission structure, and many consultants find they can earn more with us than with Tupperware. Our commission rates are based on your monthly sales, and we offer additional bonuses and incentives for top-performing consultants.

5. What resources are available to help me transition from Tupperware to Pampered Chef?

We offer a variety of resources to help you transition from Tupperware to Pampered Chef. These include training materials, webinars, and a dedicated consultant support team. We also have a community of experienced consultants who are happy to offer advice and support as you make the switch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • AMTC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • byrd1956