• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing Motherhood and a Business: Tips for a New Mom of Twins

In summary, Kreaser says that if she starts now, she will have more time to devote to her business after the twins are born. She also recommends emailing her for advice if she has any doubts.
jwpamp
NO! Not me....my niece. She is pregnant with twins and has shown interest in the business. She wants desperately to stay home after the twins are born (she works a 9-5 banking job). WHEN should she get started, and HOW does she manage everything??

I don't want to steer her wrong. I am her God-mother and want to make sure that it's right for her.

Help!

She should definitely get started before the birth of the twins. That way she has some leads, etc. to keep her going. The encourage catalog shows while she is on "leave" to keep her active. She can take an official leave of absence if she needs it.

I agree with Stacy! Start now, and then she can be working on booking those catalog shows for that time after the babies come! If she waits until then to start, I think it would be much harder to get it done.

Ditto to what has already been said. And a lot of us on here have twins, so if she needs any resources to help that way, let us know! :)

twins and toddlerI think she should get started now as well! Although I started when my twins turned 1 I think I could have done it before they were born..When I started PC, my twins were 1, I also had a 3 year old, a 5 1/2 year old, and an 8 year old!!!! And I've been doing it now for almost 10 years!!!!! Can't believe it..best thing I ever did
If she needs any advice...have her email me...
[email protected]
I'm not saying I'm a pro...but maybe I could help calm her nerves when things get just a little chaotic....
Then again...my house is always chaotic!!! I call it organized chaos!! LOL
karlene reaser

1. How can I balance my responsibilities as a new mom of twins with managing a business?

Finding a balance between motherhood and running a business can be challenging, but it is possible. Start by setting realistic expectations and priorities. Focus on the most important tasks for your business and delegate or outsource tasks that are less critical. It's also important to take breaks and ask for help when needed. Remember that it's okay to not do everything perfectly, and give yourself grace during this busy time.

2. How can I manage my time efficiently as a new mom of twins and a business owner?

Time management is crucial for any working mom, especially those with twins. Start by creating a schedule or routine that works for you and your family. Be realistic about how much time you have to devote to your business and use tools such as calendars or to-do lists to stay organized. Prioritize your tasks and focus on completing one thing at a time. Don't be afraid to ask for help or delegate tasks to others.

3. What are some strategies for staying organized as a new mom of twins and a business owner?

Staying organized is key for managing both motherhood and a business. Consider using a planner or calendar to keep track of appointments and deadlines. Create a designated workspace in your home where you can focus on your business without distractions. Use technology to your advantage, such as setting reminders on your phone or using productivity apps. And don't forget to declutter and organize your physical space regularly for a clear and productive mindset.

4. How can I maintain a healthy work-life balance as a new mom of twins and a business owner?

Achieving a healthy work-life balance is essential for both your well-being and your family's. Set boundaries for yourself and your business, such as designated work hours and family time. Make sure to take breaks throughout the day to recharge and spend quality time with your children. Don't be afraid to say no to tasks or opportunities that don't align with your priorities. Remember that it's okay to prioritize your family and yourself over your business at times.

5. How can I handle the guilt of not being able to give 100% to both my twins and my business?

It's natural to feel guilty when you can't give your full attention to both your children and your business. However, it's important to remember that you are doing the best you can and that taking care of yourself is just as important as taking care of your family and business. Remind yourself that it's okay to ask for help and that you are setting a great example for your children by pursuing your passions and providing for your family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • Kathytnt
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • lisa717