• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question for the Directors...

In summary, Directorship provides many benefits, such as a 3% override, professional development, and a 30% merchandise discount.
phatratz
I know directors make money off of their recruits, do you really see a difference financially? I know there is the benefit of 1) $50/m for booths and 2) Free Products if your sales are there.

Is it worth it to become a director?

Yes, of course if you can keep up with the requirements!They get so much!Go on CC and you can read all the benefits of Directorship...

With 5 recruits making 3% override, a director gets roughly what $75 a month for training?

Am I missing something?

Here are just SOME of the benefits:- 3% personal override
- 3% 1st line override
- 3% 2nd line override
- $50/mo. for exhibiting at fairs
- free samples when meeting sales requirements
- $100/yr. professional development
- 30% merchandise discount
- discounted points for incentive programs
- possible production bonus
- special event at National Conference
- additional reports for managing your cluster
- additional director-only training
- Home Office leads
- access to Quick-Start BoxesThe ability to join your friends on Director Chef Success...Motivated yet????

Oh, and don't forget your gold whisk charm. ;)

janetupnorth said:
Here are just SOME of the benefits:

- 3% personal override
- 3% 1st line override
- 3% 2nd line override
- $50/mo. for exhibiting at fairs
- free samples when meeting sales requirements
- $100/yr. professional development
- 30% merchandise discount
- discounted points for incentive programs
- possible production bonus
- special event at National Conference
- additional reports for managing your cluster
- additional director-only training
- Home Office leads
- access to Quick-Start Boxes

The ability to join your friends on Director Chef Success...

Motivated yet????

Well I don't know about anyone else...but I AM!!! Thanks Janet;)

I had $1288 in sales a couple of months ago. According to my commission statement if I had been a consultant I would have made $322. Because I am a director my commission was $760.

Another month I had $2600 in sales and would have made $682. My team didn't do as well that month but I still made a commission of $1,100 that month.

I also get online orders and home office leads which give me sales I wouldn't have if I was not a director. And of course many other benefits!! (see Janet's post)

I would say it's worth it!

BethCooks4U said:
I had $1288 in sales a couple of months ago. According to my commission statement if I had been a consultant I would have made $322. Because I am a director my commission was $760.

Another month I had $2600 in sales and would have made $682. My team didn't do as well that month but I still made a commission of $1,100 that month.

I also get online orders and home office leads which give me sales I wouldn't have if I was not a director. And of course many other benefits!! (see Janet's post)

How many consultants do you have under you?

So you have over 500 in overrides?

Career Sales: 300,419.81
Overrides Comm. Sales Comm Amt.
Directors 3.00 Override on Personal 5,026.94 150.81
Directors 3.00 Override on First Cluster 7,489.90 224.70
Total Overrides: 12,516.84 =375.51

Total Commission: 1,732.79
Production Bonus: 125.00 per # of consultant---
Total Adjustments -264.18 mid month

Mid-Month Commission Paid: 239.96
Month-End Commission Paid: 1,593.61
Total Monthly Commission Paid: 1,833.57 total 5 cooking 2 catalogs--- as a consultant i wd have made $1200.00
$500 DIFFERENCE!!!

Last edited:
It depends on how the sales are for me and for the team and the make up of my team. We get a production bonus based on our downline (FD, personally recruited consultants, other consultants...). Mine is about $100. That is meant to be used to put the meeting together and get incentives for the team. And then there's the 3% override on all my sales and all the sales of those on my team. I have between 16 and 20 any given month.

I don't understand what this is...

phatratz said:

I don't understand what this is...
Did my last post explain it for you?

FOR each consultant -you receive an override-i think cons (personal) $7 $5 downline
future is $10 monthly and it goes up

Last edited:
honestly when I realized the 2% increase and on my sales--I said why not--
and went for it---
the best part of Directorship is making a difference for the teamates- Being thanked is PRICELESS

So, the $100 $$ paid to you to hold meeting and such, or it is added into your commission base and you get your 31%?

So, for you 100$ do you get the $100 or $31?

In the upcoming June Consultant News, they have the Director benefits listed. Which is another benefit. You receive your Director edition of the CN before Future Directors and Consultants. I received mine two days ago.

As a director, my checks are usually double what they would be if I were a consultant. To me, that's worth it!!!!!

phatratz said:
So, the $100 $$ paid to you to hold meeting and such, or it is added into your commission base and you get your 31%?

So, for you 100$ do you get the $100 or $31?
I don't understand your question ...well, let me try.

The $100 example is the amount that is earned. It is added after the % of commission is determined and is not based on commission but on the makeup of the team.

the $100 is professional development-ex: we did a live event-
and chipped in=)
Home
the $50 is monthly for the events to gather leads etc---

BethCooks4U said:
...and lower trip points.

Yup, that is listed under discounted points for incentive programs...

The best way to explain the Monthly Production Bonus is to log onto Consultant's Corner. On the Frequently visited Links click on Director Policies.
Go to the bottom of page 2 (Adobe page 3) and view the examples.

Thanks everyone, you helped a lot

MORFIA said:
honestly when I realized the 2% increase and on my sales--I said why not--
and went for it---
the best part of Directorship is making a difference for the teamates- Being thanked is PRICELESS

this is really the best part...we can't take money with us (just like we can't pay the mortgage with thank you's!;) ) but helping others achieve their goals is a wonderful feeling! All of the Director perks are great and what I love is that PC gives us everything we need to achieve it and maintain it!

Phatratz, I was just looking thru this thread...are you a consultant for PC? for how long? Directorship is the only way to build your business!

jwpamp said:
Phatratz, I was just looking thru this thread...are you a consultant for PC? for how long? Directorship is the only way to build your business!
She is a consultant for PC but I don't know how long...I think for a few months now...

You're still thinking small5 recruits is where it starts. Remember the Breck commercials when we were young (I may be older than you - ha, ha). You tell 2 friends and they tell 2 friends.

As you and your team continues to recruit you will see your team continue to grow. One month you may have 5 recruits and within 30 days you could see that double to 10 if you teach your team members to ask everyone from the day they sign to join this business with them.

Keep doing the math. Each month anyone signs a recruit on your team and they try to earn their new consultant bonus by doing 1250 in sales you will earn the 3% commission. Right now, your Director is earning that 3% on everyone YOU recruit. Wouldn't it be nice if YOU were earning the 3%.

Is it worth it to me? YES. My team is small and my commission override each month is the same as if I did 3 more shows a month.

I heard before that Directors get money for each person who attends NC. I thought is was $50 each. Is this true?

pampchefrhondab said:
I heard before that Directors get money for each person who attends NC. I thought is was $50 each. Is this true?
No that is not true.

There is much more to Directorship than the monetary awards. Directorship has also opened the doors for more opportunities for me. I don't think I would have been on the cover of the CN if I wasn't a director. Directorship also brings a certain respect for what I do as well. Plus there are extra training opportunities not only through PC (i.e. Director's event, Leadership), but also through our cluster. I am blessed to be 5 miles from my NED and within 30 miles of three executive level directors that are in my NED's downline and they sponsor and plan director only retreats that I get to take advantage of as well.Directorship just opens lots of doors--monetarily, professionally, personally.

BethCooks4U said:

How many recruits do you have under you?

twinkie10 said:
How many recruits do you have under you?

I believe Beth posted above that she has between 16 and 20 recruits in any given month.

Forget that I asked... I should have looked more before posting!

I just signed on in February. I never met my recruiter or my director. When I did the math, it just didn't made sense for the amount of work.

phatratz said:
I just signed on in February. I never met my recruiter or my director. When I did the math, it just didn't made sense for the amount of work.

:eek: Do they at least support you?

My director tried to get me hospitality but no one close would take me. She was able to get one director but I would never be able to make it to the meetings. She sent me a welcome package and that was nice. I haven't seen my recruiter on here in over a month. I'm not even sure she is active still.

phatratz said:
My director tried to get me hospitality but no one close would take me. She was able to get one director but I would never be able to make it to the meetings. She sent me a welcome package and that was nice. I haven't seen my recruiter on here in over a month. I'm not even sure she is active still.

Sorry to hear that! Plenty of us here will "adopt" you even though you aren't under us. Just yell...

Where are you located?

ThanksThanks. I normally come on and read the posts once a day. If I have a question I can normally find the answer by searching for it in the archives. This topic just didn't seem to be addressed.

I never checked the Director policies, that helped a lot.

Syracuse, NY

I am still very confused about what compensation a director receives. My director barely makes her $750 minimum every month. Sometimes her cluster doesn't reach the $4000 or whatever that amount is. Is she still getting all that money for meetings and such? I come away with less than $5, way less, worth of "prizes" every month. I'm also the only one who attends, most of the time. She doesn't do fairs.

I feel like I need someone to handhold me to explain what an override exactly means, too. I've read the policies. I just don't think I completely understand.

JAE said:
I am still very confused about what compensation a director receives. My director barely makes her $750 minimum every month. Sometimes her cluster doesn't reach the $4000 or whatever that amount is. Is she still getting all that money for meetings and such? I come away with less than $5, way less, worth of "prizes" every month. I'm also the only one who attends, most of the time. She doesn't do fairs.

I feel like I need someone to handhold me to explain what an override exactly means, too. I've read the policies. I just don't think I completely understand.

Slightly off topic JAE - but if you look at the Stats in the June CN, your SD is in the top 5 for total cluster sales.....hmmmmm......just doesn't seem fair does it?

Who is my SD?

Oh, and where do I find espresso powder?

JAE said:
Who is my SD?

Oh, and where do I find espresso powder?

You are rooming with her at conference.;)

I get espresso powder at D&W with the instant coffees, or I sometime have gotten it at De Rueze Market. (that Gourmet Market across the street from Rivertown Crossings)

I guess I was confused about the order of director titles. I thought she was my AD. I thought she was just one above director, but she's two above? I didn't know that. Hmmm...

JAE said:
I guess I was confused about the order of director titles. I thought she was my AD. I thought she was just one above director, but she's two above? I didn't know that. Hmmm...

Just went back and checked - yep, she's a Sr.

There's no specific compensation that Directors get that's earmarked as "for meetings." Any recognition and incentives Directors offer is paid out of their own pocket.JAE, if your Director isn't meeting the minimum requirements to maintain Directorship (5 active first line, $4000 cluster sales, $750 personal sales), then in those months that she doesn't make it, she's only getting her own commission plus production bonus based on the makeup of the team ($10 for FD, $7.50 for personal recruits, $5 for other consultants). If she doesn't meet the requirements 3 months in a row, she'll enter the repromotion period, which means that she'll have to recruit and qualify several new consultants in order to retain her Director status.

chefann said:
There's no specific compensation that Directors get that's earmarked as "for meetings." Any recognition and incentives Directors offer is paid out of their own pocket.

JAE, if your Director isn't meeting the minimum requirements to maintain Directorship (5 active first line, $4000 cluster sales, $750 personal sales), then in those months that she doesn't make it, she's only getting her own commission plus production bonus based on the makeup of the team ($10 for FD, $7.50 for personal recruits, $5 for other consultants). If she doesn't meet the requirements 3 months in a row, she'll enter the repromotion period, which means that she'll have to recruit and qualify several new consultants in order to retain her Director status.

The production bonus is given to directors to help them with the costs of running their meetings and sending out newsletters and such. These are also the funds that are used by most directors to purchase incentives and door prizes for the team. This money barely covers the newsletter printing and mailing and the materials needed for meetings.

Some of us over-spend and others use very little of it and consider it as payment for the time taken to train their team.

It's up to each director how to spend it.

Phatratz

Just wanted to let you know that my upline director is about 30 miles from you, not sure if that's to far or not. If not e-mail me and I'll give you her information. She is great and Ifeel sure she would welcome you.

Kathy

and if all that is enough...you get special directors gifts at conference and leadership, a christmas present and this year i got a birthday card from Marla...WOW...i work part time at a doctor's office and they didn't send me a birthday card!! Being a Director ROCKS! and growing a team is so personally rewarding...there are some ugh moments but i love helping each member of my team discover their dream and helping them to acheive it..some people don't think they can do this business and just by giving them support and encouragement and believing in them they see that they can do this and the feeling of that to me is priceless :)

Last edited:
Thanks for that clarification, Beth. I hadn't seen in the policies where the Production Bonus is earmarked that way. I guess my point was that HO doesn't reimburse Directors specifically for incentives and prizes they offer their teams, so anything offered comes out of the Director's pocket, whether or not they've gotten their overrides and production bonus that month.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
blueberrylady
  • jessicafawn
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefann
  • amy07