• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Men for Your Business: Tips and Strategies for Success

In summary, the author approaches men and women the same, but uses different approaches based on the recruit's individual interests. He has had success with both male and female recruits.
fikibiff
Gold Member
Yes, I realize this can open a whole flood of ideas on things and parodies, but it is a serious question. To start with, I have no recruits, yet. I have suggested PC to this guy that I work with kind of as a joke, but kind of to test the waters. I have brought it up in conversation on at least 3 different occasions and thought it was really going no where. Well, tonight I brought it up one last time and as I was walking away, he asked when I was working next and said I could give him my schpeel.

Now I don't know what to say next. I had originally brought it up joking that it would be a great way to meet women (I don't think that is his main goal, but he's not opposed to it.) I think the money aspect is what he is interested in. He is 30, single, has a 4 yo DD he adores, and is hot, hot, hot. ;) OK, I'm married, but not blind. :angel: One of my friends was telling him he could sell tons of PC to all kinds of women and has he heard of cougars. I don't think that that is the best angle to take.:rolleyes: No matter how true it may be.

How do I sell him on this mostly female business? Guys...what brought you in?

Last edited:
I ask them just like I ask women. I don't joke about it (not saying your approach is wrong, just not what I do). I tell them why I think they should be doing this, why I want to work with them, etc.

Oh, and I do say that men make more than women...something about it being an aphrodisiac to have a guy come in, cook, pack up and leave...that is the only joking "line" I have.

Oh, I like that line.

Now that there are some upper level directors that are men, I point to them as an example if a male potential recruit says something about this being a job for women. Use the photos in the catalog- that's why HO puts the Circle of Honor achievers in there. :)

I approach it the same as I do with women but I do use "women love to have a man cook for them" kind of things and the earning potential. I mention the two top men and that PC is all they do and their income is in the 6 figures.

But then I also say that it's what they put into it. I don't want them to have unrealistic expectations and at the same time I want them to know that the potential is there.

I have had several men say they were interested. One signed last year but only turns an occasional show in. One signed this last Saturday and one is signing on Friday - both love to cook and want the extra income so I see good things coming for them.

I really feel like we will see more men interested in our business because of the economy. This is good. When men entered the nursing and teaching fields it helped raise salaries (I know, not enough) and more men in PC will mean more acceptance that this can be a viable income opportunity.

Anyone else?

I approach men mostly the same way as a woman. But then again a lot of men are all about numbers so I give them a chance to look through my commission checks. It helps them grasp that this business is great and shows that some months depending upon my schedule that I won't make as much, and I tell them that. :)

Just ask! There is nothing special about recruiting men. Ask them, listen to their concerns, and respond appropriately just like you would to any recruit lead.

fikibiff said:
Anyone else?

Like the others said, I wouldn't treat it any differently. When you treat it differently, you're implying that it is different and your male recruit could catch on to that. Treat your recruits like people, regardless of their gender, and you'll be great! I'd only mention the differences if the recruit brings it up.

My second recruit was (is) a man. He was at a couples show that I did. At my show I mentioned about how this job is great for men. Just look at the food network and all the men chefs on there. He liked that comment and mentioned that he does all the cooking for his family. He works a manual labor day job and thought PC would be a fun, great way to make some extra money to pay off some bills. So now I just tell his story at my shows.

What is the best way to recruit men?

The best way to recruit men depends on your specific goals and target audience. However, some effective strategies include networking and referrals, utilizing social media and job sites, and hosting events or job fairs targeted towards men.

How can I attract more male candidates to my company?

To attract more male candidates, it's important to create a diverse and inclusive workplace culture, showcase your company's values and mission, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. Additionally, consider targeting your job postings and recruitment efforts towards male-dominated industries or organizations.

What qualities should I look for when recruiting men?

When recruiting men, it's important to look for a diverse range of qualities and skills that align with the specific job requirements and company culture. Some qualities to consider include leadership abilities, strong communication skills, and a passion for the industry or company mission.

How can I address diversity and inclusion when recruiting men?

To address diversity and inclusion when recruiting men, it's important to actively seek out and consider diverse candidates, provide equal opportunities and resources for all applicants, and promote a culture of inclusivity and respect within the workplace.

What are some common challenges when recruiting men?

Some common challenges when recruiting men may include addressing potential gender biases or stereotypes, creating a diverse and inclusive workplace culture, and understanding the unique needs and motivations of male candidates. It's important to continuously evaluate and adjust your recruitment strategies to overcome these challenges and attract top male talent.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • Chef Kearns
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • flemings99