• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HO Neglect: My Experience with a Terminated Consultant - Can I Just Gripe?

um...pleasure of speaking to xxxxxx on the phone. Directors have signed an additional agreement above and beyond the consultant agreement. Also, in this case, it is potentially a legal matter too and much more personal.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Let me just run something by ya'll/gripe... I had a consultant who fell into some financial problems, which I am still not sure of what happened. What I do know is that HO terminated her. From what I heard, she would collect money from her shows and (I think) her husband would just see money in her account and take it, leaving nothing to pay for the products. From what I understand, she never did "pay" for the products but HO fulfilled the orders. For the record, of course, I think what she did was wrong.

Anyway, this is my gripe: Through this entire ordeal, I was never contacted once by HO. MY director received ALL communications regarding this. I am fortunate because my dir did the best she could to keep me in the loop, but she is ridiculously busy and some of it fell through the cracks--not really her fault. Ultimately, I learned the girl was termed through my IPT. How does PC expect consultants to work on promoting, learning how to encourage others, and handle situations, if they don't involve those of us who recruit in issues like this? I would like to write an email to HO about this, but I don't know where to begin. I know I am not a director, but if all of my recruits were active at the same time, I would have been a director last year.

I understand your frustration! I, too, think it would be nice if HO would include us in some of that communication. I know that once you achieve FD, you receive some, but not all of the notification.

You're not alone in feeling this way!

That stinks, Anne! But how nice that HO honored the orders and sent products to the customers. I agree - FD's should be at least carbon copied on communication like that with the affected Director.

chefann said:
That stinks, Anne! But how nice that HO honored the orders and sent products to the customers.

I agree - FD's should be at least carbon copied on communication like that with the affected Director.

I definitely second that one - It's hard for us to help if we don't know what's going on.

chefann said:
That stinks, Anne! But how nice that HO honored the orders and sent products to the customers.

I agree - FD's should be at least carbon copied on communication like that with the affected Director.
ITA! I'm FD and did not receive inactive notice for one of my team members but I got a foward email from my Dir. It would be nice to be CC'd!:(

I also think that recruiters should be cc'd on the emails sent to the consultant and the director. My director has never met most of my recruits and doesn't always send me the emails so that I can work with them. I keep a very close eye on my IPT and talk to my recruits as much as possible so can stay in the loop.

I have to address the flip-side although I THOROUGHLY understand your frustration. Directors have signed an additional agreement above and beyond the consultant agreement. Also, in this case, it is potentially a legal matter too and much more personal. I understand the caution.There is hopefully some middle-ground where they can notify you of status only or that SOMETHING is under investigation without saying what.I don't believe they should be disclosing all the information if you are not a Director. We have to understand the business and legal side of it and also remember AJ, you are one of the RESPONSIBLE Future Directors and Consultants. You care about your recruits and what is happening and will treat the information right. Many FDs out there may not.

Also would like to add...I think all recruiters should be notified of potential inactive status of their recruits. (Separate from this specific issue).

ITA, Janet. Inclusion on a CC: would be too much info, but SOME notification would be helpful. One of my recruits submitted a request for leave last month, and I wouldn't have known about it, except that I saw her status on my IPT change from A to L. Heck, for all I know, it had been L for a week before I noticed it. :rolleyes: But that affects my goal of promoting, since now she doesn't count toward my 5 necessary to promote (must be active). A very brief "your consultant is now on leave" note would have been very appreciated.

It would have been nice to get a notice saying "We are having trouble processing a show. Could you reach out to xxxxxxx?" Or a phone call, or something. I mean, I had the girl's cell number that no one else has. I think I might have been able to help. I mean, she doesn't know the HO or really my dir, but she knows me. I could have stopped by her house at least.

And, fwiw, as far as legal things with a director, I know some that have serious ethics issues.

Now that I think about it, tt would be nice to get some sort of warning on any kind of change of status.

AJPratt said:
It would have been nice to get a notice saying "We are having trouble processing a show. Could you reach out to xxxxxxx?" Or a phone call, or something. I mean, I had the girl's cell number that no one else has. I think I might have been able to help. I mean, she doesn't know the HO or really my dir, but she knows me. I could have stopped by her house at least.

And, fwiw, as far as legal things with a director, I know some that have serious ethics issues.

Now that I think about it, tt would be nice to get some sort of warning on any kind of change of status.

I agree and wish those were reported and corrected as much as something like this.

It is hard I'm sure to 'police' a bunch of "self-employed" consultants. They can only address what they know about.

Write a nice letter about your concerns. Like I said, I agree on the notice of status change would be nice.

As a FD - I agree - We should be CC'd on all that has to do with our personal recruits AND that of our downlines.

janetupnorth said:
I agree and wish those were reported and corrected as much as something like this. It is hard I'm sure to 'police' a bunch of "self-employed" consultants. They can only address what they know about.
janetupnorth said:
Directors have signed an additional agreement above and beyond the consultant agreement. Also, in this case, it is potentially a legal matter too and much more personal. I understand the caution.

I was referring to the above statement, about directors being privy to something like this because of the additional agreement they sign. I'm just saying that PC wouldn't tell me, the recruiter, about this situation but some director (who isn't a good director) would know more about the situation than I would (the person most likely to be able to fix it) because they signed an agreement.

I have had a consultant get terminated for basically the same thing. I have to add that there are some really big cracks that these people sometimes fall through at the HO level too. It was right before I promoted and I was pulling my hair out trying to get them to actually do the termination, but I couldn't get much info because I was only a FD at the time. As it turns out, this same consultant was on my "we want you back" report just a month or two ago. Go figure!

ShanaSmith said:
I have had a consultant get terminated for basically the same thing. I have to add that there are some really big cracks that these people sometimes fall through at the HO level too. It was right before I promoted and I was pulling my hair out trying to get them to actually do the termination, but I couldn't get much info because I was only a FD at the time. As it turns out, this same consultant was on my "we want you back" report just a month or two ago. Go figure!

I'd write to HO about the one or tell your upline to talk to them about it. As far as I understood if PC terminated you for a serious violation, your SS# was flagged so you couldn't become a consultant again. If that is true, then that same "flag" should apply to when they do these reports.

I know it is hard to keep track of all of us, but I agree there is much room for improvement!

I think the recruiters should get some sort of info...one of my recruits went inactive and I didn't know until she was removed from my list. As far as legal matters are concerned I would think that disclosing information such as "this consultant is taking orders and spending the money on herself" situations would be confidential information between HO and the actual consultant. I would think the only info that could be passed to anyone is "this consultant is on leave until further notice" or something similar. We sign a contract with HO and the things we do or do not do is between us and HO not our recruiter or director. I hope this is coming out right and not sounding hostile or silly. I just think that there are some legal reprecusions in this somewhere...as far as privacy issues go.

I was surprised when I logged onto CC yesterday - there are some new Fture DIrecotr reports that weren't there, before.

I would have to agree with all of you. I just promoted to Director, but the status still hasn't changed on the computer so I do not have access to anything yet....so frustrating. Anyway, I needed to find a hospitality director for one of my consultants and wasn't able to because I was not listed as a Director. Then one of my consultants got their show placed on hold because a CC was declined, I had no clue until my director contacted me. Luckily I have an awesome director so I am always in the loop on everything. I could not imagine having a bad director. That would really suck!!!

Maybe if we all write the home office they will listen and allow FD to get some info, at least a general email, telling us to contact our consultant to find out more or something. Just my thought.

they will listen and allow FD to get some info

I think they should email the same stuff to any recruiter, not just FDs.
FD is when 2 recruits are signed.

If I've signed one person, I need to know their status, duh.

Last edited:
You do know their status and what they submit if you care to look at your IPT.AJ is talking about a little more than that and some earlier warning.

AJ, are you able to contact the hostesses and get their info to help w/ the "bad vibes" that are now out there?

This situation happened w/ a consultant in my area before I signed and when I did sign I didn't know about it. I was having a tough time getting bookings and even customers, most people "had a bad experience" and wouldn't give more info.

Well since I wasn't aware and my director wasn't aware she helped me to get in contact w/ this former PC person to get leads, unknowning of the situation until her director said STOP CALLING HER NOW and told us of the situation.

Once I was aware of the situation, everything started to make sense. It took me a full YEAR to rebuild the reputation for PC b/c of what she had done and now it is much better and I have a good client base.

While her scenario wasn't quite the same, no one knows why she was pocketing the money, and she wasn't giving ANYONE a receipt so hostess's didn't even know who ordered what, It was such a bad situation. But PC corrected it the best they could.

There was a lot of hard work on my end to get people to trust a PC consultant. I mean the woman did a fundraiser for the Special Olympics and never turned it in on top of a show hosted by her best friend.

It is such an unfortunate situation you are now put in and I wish you the best.

Chris, I don't know who the people were, or if there is a way to get a hold of them. I would like to help, but it has been a bit since this happened.

kspry said:
they will listen and allow FD to get some info

I think they should email the same stuff to any recruiter, not just FDs.
FD is when 2 recruits are signed.

If I've signed one person, I need to know their status, duh.
Kaye, I COMPLETELY agree! Knowing the status after everything has happened (the term.) is useless. I think once a consultant starts recruiting, that person is saying to PC "Yes, I want to be involved in the development of new consultants--good or bad." I can understand PC not disclosing all of the details (for whatever reason, legal or not), but I think a familiar, friendly face (me) might have made a difference. I mean, I would explain an embarrassing situation to someone I know before some complete stranger. On the flip side, when my newest consultant makes the smallest accomplishment, I get an an email. Why doesn't it work both ways? If they tell me the good, they should at least let me know about the "bad".

And, fwiw, my initial post has nothing to do with the We Want You Back report. This is something that happened before the report came out.

Oh and I forgot to say. I agree w/ the recruiter should be included on ALL email contact w/ home office that they would send to the director. It would help alot. I live 2 hours from my director and am friends with my recruits. My director has to send me the information and I have to talk to my recruits and then get back to my director still. Such a pain.

AJPratt said:
Chris, I don't know who the people were, or if there is a way to get a hold of them. I would like to help, but it has been a bit since this happened.

Kaye, I COMPLETELY agree! Knowing the status after everything has happened (the term.) is useless. I think once a consultant starts recruiting, that person is saying to PC "Yes, I want to be involved in the development of new consultants--good or bad." I can understand PC not disclosing all of the details (for whatever reason, legal or not), but I think a familiar, friendly face (me) might have made a difference. I mean, I would explain an embarrassing situation to someone I know before some complete stranger. On the flip side, when my newest consultant makes the smallest accomplishment, I get an an email. Why doesn't it work both ways? If they tell me the good, they should at least let me know about the "bad".

And, fwiw, my initial post has nothing to do with the We Want You Back report. This is something that happened before the report came out.

this is a really good point and I think you should say as much to HO.

Thanks for all of your feedback. I will put together some sort of letter.

How did you word it? I think I'll write them, too.

My director is completely useless, and I'd like to steer my recruits away from her. She gets their reports, not me.

Hi, Kay... I haven't sent it yet. I have been busy with the cafe, but I will send it soon.

AJPratt said:
Let me just run something by ya'll/gripe... I had a consultant who fell into some financial problems, which I am still not sure of what happened. What I do know is that HO terminated her. From what I heard, she would collect money from her shows and (I think) her husband would just see money in her account and take it, leaving nothing to pay for the products. From what I understand, she never did "pay" for the products but HO fulfilled the orders. For the record, of course, I think what she did was wrong.

Anyway, this is my gripe: Through this entire ordeal, I was never contacted once by HO. MY director received ALL communications regarding this. I am fortunate because my dir did the best she could to keep me in the loop, but she is ridiculously busy and some of it fell through the cracks--not really her fault. Ultimately, I learned the girl was termed through my IPT. How does PC expect consultants to work on promoting, learning how to encourage others, and handle situations, if they don't involve those of us who recruit in issues like this? I would like to write an email to HO about this, but I don't know where to begin. I know I am not a director, but if all of my recruits were active at the same time, I would have been a director last year.

Hi Anne,
just wanted to see how things were going at the coffee shop? Hope all is well!

I was just thinkg about Anne yesterday....how is everything going?????

1. Can I use "Can I Just Gripe?" to complain about products or services from other companies?

Yes, "Can I Just Gripe?" is a platform for customers to share their opinions and experiences about any product or service they have used, regardless of the brand.

2. Is there a limit to how many complaints I can make on "Can I Just Gripe?"

No, there is no limit to the number of complaints you can make on "Can I Just Gripe?" However, we encourage our users to be mindful and only post relevant and genuine complaints to maintain the quality of the platform.

3. Can I Just Gripe?" remove a complaint once it's been posted?

No, once a complaint has been posted on "Can I Just Gripe?", it cannot be removed. However, if you have a valid reason for wanting to remove your complaint, you can contact our customer support team for assistance.

4. Do I have to create an account to post a complaint on "Can I Just Gripe?"

Yes, in order to post a complaint on "Can I Just Gripe?", you will need to create an account. This helps us ensure the authenticity of the complaints and allows you to track and manage your complaints.

5. Will my personal information be visible to others when I post a complaint on "Can I Just Gripe?"

No, your personal information will not be visible to other users when you post a complaint on "Can I Just Gripe?". We take privacy seriously and only display your username and complaint on the platform.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slhalepc
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
slhalepc
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
CoidgigBese
  • chefkathy