• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Through the 'Why Box' Game

game. I set the timer for about 3 1/2 minutes and tell them they can only ask questions about the biz. Whoever has the first question gets the prize to hold. They have to pass the prize to the next person with a question. Whoever is left holding the prize when the timer goes off get's to keep it. If they didn't ask all the "big" questions, I take a minute after the game to tell them why I got started and some general info that wasn't covered in the game. I just don't have the personality to pull off games (believe me, I've tried). I simply tell them how long I've been a consultant and that I have no reservations about
chefmoseley
Gold Member
what type of game if any do you do to emphasize recruiting? Currently I do the why box and have the guests tell me what each item could represent. This helps keep them involved and helps me know what they are looking for in their lives :)

I have the one where I read out a script and it has a bunch of names of TV shows in it. They have to count the # of TV shows, and whoever is closest wins.

I am also thinking of trying the one where you open the floor to questions about your job, and give each person who asks a question a ticket for a prize drawing, but I am not completely clear on the details of that one, so I am kind of hoping someone else answers with them...

Attachments

• QUANTUM LEAP.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 386
I play a game called Pampered Poker (I learned from someone else). This game is focused on recruiting and I play it at the end of my show. I use playing cards, ace through 10 in 2 suits. I tell everyone this part of the night is all about my business, no more questions about products, just my business. I also tell them what prizes they will be winning. I have a large chip clip, a season’s best, and a citrus peeler. Some of the rules are you cannot be polite, you must have fun, and you can get personal on the questions. For every question they ask they get a ticket, until all cards are gone then I start drawing cards from the other ten I had. As I call the first number I let them choose a prize, and then when I choose the next number they choose to steal that prize or they can choose another. I do this until all ten cards have been picked and the prizes are gone. Everyone seems to love this game and I have had soooo many more recruit leads from this because everyone wants to win a prize. At the end of the game I explain that the reason I play this game is because I can not read their minds and I am not sure who out there is looking for something more.

Before I found out about this game I played the ticket game. I played it at the end of the show also and it was the same concept. I gave tickets for every question, then at the end I gave away a few prizes. I have found with Pampered Poker my recruit leads has increased by alot.

Last edited:
I do the "ask me" game. I set the timer for about 3 1/2 minutes and tell them they can only ask questions about the biz. Whoever has the first question gets the prize to hold. They have to pass the prize to the next person with a question. Whoever is left holding the prize when the timer goes off get's to keep it. If they didn't ask all the "big" questions, I take a minute after the game to tell them why I got started and some general info that wasn't covered in the game.

I just don't have the personality to pull off games (believe me, I've tried). I simply tell them how long I've been a consultant and that I have no reservations about recommending it.

okay Jodi I'm slow! ha ha Okay more confused than slow but I don't get the poker game?? Did I miss something?? HELP! lol :)

lol....I was confused at first too when someone explained it to me. It's called Pampered Poker, but it's not really poker. Just a fun name. For starters you have 10 cards in 2 suites(For example hearts and spades) (20 cards total) and 3 small prizes. You give out 10 of the cards in one suite (Lets say spades) for anyone who asked a question about your business. Then when you are done you have the other 10 cards in the other suite left (Lets say hearts). I then draw cards from the hearts. The first card drawn gets to pick one of the 3 prizes. The next card drawn, the person can steal the 1st persons prize or pick from the other 2 prizes. I continue drawing cards until they are all gone. So basically the last card picked gets whatever prize they want. Does this make more sense? It is fun for everyone and it keeps it interesting. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks so much!

Last edited:
I love the TV Shows game! As easy as the left right game but different!

Christ Follower said:
I do the "ask me" game. I set the timer for about 3 1/2 minutes and tell them they can only ask questions about the biz. Whoever has the first question gets the prize to hold. They have to pass the prize to the next person with a question. Whoever is left holding the prize when the timer goes off get's to keep it. If they didn't ask all the "big" questions, I take a minute after the game to tell them why I got started and some general info that wasn't covered in the game.

I also play the Ask Me game but play a little different. I set the timer as well and the first person to ask a question, I give them 3 tickets, the 2nd person 2 tickets, and everyone else one. I give them out, answer the questions and then draw a ticket and that person is the winner at the end. This way, everyone has a better shot of trying to win. I haven't played in a while so I'll have to do it at my shows coming up. Thanks for the reminder!

Question game!Hello! This is my first post to everyone.

I give tickets out throughout my show for participation. Then I say ok, here is where you can get lots of tickets. I am going to set my timer for 3 minutes, everytime someone asks me a question about being a consultant, you get a ticket. It has to be about my job. Then the person who asked me the question when my timer goes off gets the remainder of tickets that were in my hand. I rip off a strip before I start. The person who seems the most interested gets a recruit packet before they leave. It is really helping me get leads. I haven't recruited yet, but I get at least one lead per show. It's a start! Hope this helps!

I do a variation of the ticket game. At the beginning of my show I tell people whenever I metion/touch a product that has a star beside it in the catalog, whoever yells "star" first will get a tootsie roll. This really gets people involved in the show and it is easier to get them to demo products. After the recipe is done, or when it is baking, I do the ask me anything game. I still give tootsie rolls instead of tickets. I let them know if I don't know the answer to the question they can have two tootsie rolls. At the end of the game whoever has the most wins. I then tell them what the stars are for in the catalog. I credit my director promotion to this game. The most important thing is to talk about the opportunity.

I don't do games at shows but lately I've been thinking it would be fun to do a "Deal or No Deal" game as a cluster meeting or something.

Have you ever had no one ask questions when you set the timer? I could see that happening to me!! What do you do then?

No! Amazingly, they shout questions out like they've been waiting to ask questions!!

I have been doing the timer game for a while but I think I will try the poker and the tv game. Shake it up a little bit!

I listened to a great CD yesterday from the 2005 NC. One of the presenters was the #2 recruiter that year (53 recruits...can't even imagine!).

Besides being extremely genuine and focused on what The Pampered Chef business can do for each individual, she attributed a lot of her success to the "Ask Me" game at shows.

Her version involved
- passing around a prize such as a spatula....nothing expensive, but not a citrus peeler either.
- she handed it to someone and explained that when the person to their left asked a question, the spatula would pass to that person on the left.
- She set the timer (2.5 - 4 minutes depending on the size group) and put it in her apron pocket...where she could discreetly pause it if someone was stalling.
- Whoever had the spatula when the timer went off would win it.
This worked for her because everyone asked at least one question. By listening carefully, she picked up on who was asking red flag questions. (If someone didn't want to ask, she had a few ready to toss in for them.)

After the game, she told them they still had a chance to win something via the DPDS....and explained this was also their opportunity to indicate they had additional questions.

She also announced she would also offer everyone the opportunity to host a show and to receive some information about the business for themselves or a friend/family member when they checked out .

What is the 'Why Box' game?

The 'Why Box' game is a recruiting tool that involves asking potential candidates a series of questions starting with 'Why'. This helps employers to understand the motivations, thought processes, and problem-solving skills of the candidate.

How does the 'Why Box' game help with recruiting?

The 'Why Box' game helps with recruiting by providing a unique and interactive way to assess a candidate's critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and overall fit for the company culture. It also allows employers to gain insights into a candidate's thought process and motivations.

What are some examples of questions to ask in the 'Why Box' game?

Some examples of questions to ask in the 'Why Box' game include:

• Why did you choose your current career path?
  • Why do you think you would be a good fit for our company?
  • Why do you think critical thinking skills are important in the workplace?
  • Why do you think diversity is important in a team?

How can the 'Why Box' game be incorporated into the recruiting process?

The 'Why Box' game can be incorporated into the recruiting process by including it as part of the interview or assessment stage. Employers can also use it as a team-building exercise for current employees, which can help attract potential candidates who align with the company's values and culture.

What are the benefits of using the 'Why Box' game in recruiting?

The benefits of using the 'Why Box' game in recruiting include gaining a deeper understanding of a candidate's thought process, problem-solving skills, and motivations. It also provides a more engaging and interactive experience for both the employer and the candidate, helping to create a positive impression and potentially attracting top talent to the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mom4angela
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • finley1991