• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring the Benefits of 'Why' Bags in Show Presentations

In summary, this Summary Gidget writes about using a "Why" box and bag at her shows to help get her first booking and potential recruit. She provides some helpful tips on how to do this effectively.
beckypchef
Hi,

I am wanting to add a 'Why' bag to my show presentation and I was wondering how they have worked for others and what you have in them.

Do you use these and what impact do you think they make at your shows.

And what do you have in yours?

Thank you!!:chef:

I have a little box that I got from the dollar store. I have $500 monopoly money, a little match box car, a picture from a little calendar (travel-the picture is of the beach), a picture of my family, playdoh (mold into whatever you want it to be/could also so be fun money), and three fisher price little people that i took from my daughter. The bus driver, the farmer and the mama. to symbolize the diversity of people that you meet/ can do the job (people that work full time, stay home, cook vs not cooking. hth a lot of people have told me that they appreciate not having me talk at them about the opportunity but i make it a game instead. i hold up the money and have them tell me what it means to me (car payment, extra funds)...

I used a "why" bag in my first show (two weeks ago) and got my first booking and my first potential recruit at that show. When I asked my recruit why she was interested in joining Pampered Chef she said it was because a.) I looked like I was having so much fun (which I was:)) and b.) because I "cooked like she did" (meaning I didn't follow the recipe).Since I used a lot of humor in my show my "why" bag includes the following:*A pair of play handcuffs (from the toy department) to show how I'm no longer "shackled" to my job
*A toy airplane to represent the travel my job allows me to do (even if it's just around town right now:))
*A pair of Star Wars miniature to represent the "out of this world" people (like you) I get to meetI leave the Star Wars guys for the end of the presentation as it is the funniest and my most favorite reason for beginning a PC business.Having been in direct sales before with another company I found it much easier to offer the benefits of the opportunity by having "props". Leslie

How does this work? Do you just label it the why box or bag? Do you ask them about it? How do you bring it up and get to the point of what it is? I mean I get the props and why they are in the bag but how do present it?

Gidget,The way I think I did it was that as I was thanking everyone at the end of the show I just brought my cute little bag to the table and told everyone that while the recipe was baking I'd like to take just a minute and share with them why I love what I do. Bear in mind it was my first show, didn't go anything like I'd planned (no one wanted to assist:(), and I was extremely nervous (so nervous that I forgot to even go through the full-service checkout I had planned and forgot to bring my drawing slips but still managed to get a booking and a potential recruit out of the show).Most of the show is rather a blur (which is why I was so surprised when my recruit indicated that I didn't seem nervous at all:))

I've found that most folks don't want to know your why....they want you to ask them about themselves.

When I book a show, I promise they will have a good get-together with their friends. If I stand there and lecture about tools and my whys, I'd be amiss.

I've had more people book from me, because I don't do a spiel. It's about them, and getting together with their friends.

Stupid bookings games are excruciating, I've asked people with disposable incomes, and they don't want them - they just want to relax, chat, shop.

I use ideas I got from Julie Weitz in her "Designing an Amazing Party Experience" CD. In the beginning of my show I tell them I have three rules, one of which is that they must listen to my commercials. (The other two are that they must have fun, and I assign a cheerleader to help; and that there is no negativity, and I assign a party cop to shoot a toy gun at anyone who says anything negative.) When it is time for a commercial, I have questions pre-printed up, and I hand one to a guest and say, "Suzie Guest, you look like you have a question!" One question is, "Why do you love what you do?" and I tell them that I love what I do so much that I have to keep a bag full of reminders so I don't forget any of the reasons I love my job. It is a little bit cheesy, but handing out the questions always gets a laugh, and I play it up a bit to make it funny.In my why bag I have a picture of my kids; a slinky (job flexibility); a picture of the Turbo Tax logo (tax write-offs); a stress ball (no stress); and a recipe (I have become a better and healthier cook).HTH!

1. What are "Why" Bags and how are they beneficial in show presentations?

"Why" Bags are bags filled with various kitchen tools and products from Pampered Chef. They are used in show presentations to demonstrate the versatility and functionality of the products. These bags help to engage the audience and showcase the benefits of the products in a practical and interactive way.

2. How do "Why" Bags enhance the overall presentation experience?

"Why" Bags add an element of surprise and excitement to the presentation. They create a sense of anticipation and keep the audience engaged throughout the presentation. By physically demonstrating the products, "Why" Bags make the presentation more interactive and memorable for the audience.

3. Can "Why" Bags be customized for specific products or themes?

Yes, "Why" Bags can be customized to fit the needs of the specific presentation. They can be filled with products that align with the theme of the show or highlight a particular product line. This customization adds a personal touch and makes the presentation more relevant to the audience.

4. How do "Why" Bags benefit the consultant during the presentation?

"Why" Bags serve as a visual aid for the consultant during the presentation. They make it easier to explain the features and benefits of the products and help the audience to better understand how they can be used in their daily lives. This ultimately leads to increased sales and a more successful presentation.

5. Are there any tips for utilizing "Why" Bags effectively in a show presentation?

To effectively use "Why" Bags in a show presentation, it is important to have a variety of products in the bag that showcase different uses and functions. It is also helpful to have a script or outline prepared to guide the presentation and ensure that all important points are covered. Additionally, engaging with the audience and encouraging them to try out the products themselves can greatly enhance the overall impact of "Why" Bags in a presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lalemom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lalemom
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • ChefChris