• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Need to Buy Consultants Kit to Be a Consultant?

The Ultimate Mandoline is the latest and greatest model. If they don't have it, then they might want to consider getting it because it has a lot of features that the older ones don't have.
patchoulli
hi!,
i have been a consultant for over a month now and am still getting used to all the rules. i have two ladies that LOVE P.C. they love it so much they have just about everything in the Kit. they want to be consultants but they also want to know if they need to order a kit that has the items they already own. i have not been able to find anything stating that they MUST buy it, and my recruiter has never had this question before. anyone with ideas?:confused:

thanks

patchoulli said:
hi!,
i have been a consultant for over a month now and am still getting used to all the rules. i have two ladies that LOVE P.C. they love it so much they have just about everything in the Kit. they want to be consultants but they also want to know if they need to order a kit that has the items they already own. i have not been able to find anything stating that they MUST buy it, and my recruiter has never had this question before. anyone with ideas?:confused:

thanks

Yes, they do. If they have doubles of some of the items, then they now have holiday gifts to give people! I had almost everything in the kit too when I become a consultant.

I was going to suggest they use them as doubles for their kitchen/ shows or use as gifts! :)

Or.... booking incentives! Of course, I would make sure the person actually HAD their show before I gave the gift to them... :)

bsaxman said:
Or.... booking incentives! Of course, I would make sure the person actually HAD their show before I gave the gift to them... :)

Or, they can be greedy like me and keep all of them! My kitchen is overflowing -- it really is ridiculous, but I love it. I have a roommate moving in next week and I hope he doesn't have a lot of kitchen stuff! :)

Also, often they "think" they have everything in the catalog, but like me had the older style handles, etc. It will be nice for them to upgrade.I also suggest that if they have children to use the older set to build a hope chest for their kids.

leftymac said:
Or, they can be greedy like me and keep all of them! My kitchen is overflowing -- it really is ridiculous, but I love it. I have a roommate moving in next week and I hope he doesn't have a lot of kitchen stuff! :)

Hopefully he has a lot of tools instead...I don't know a lot of guys who move out with a decent amount of kitchen stuff. It is usually a cheap pan here, a pocketknife there...

I USED to have tons of tools, but my husband strangely inherited them all...still wondering what he brought possession-wise to the marriage... :rolleyes: ;)

But after 9 years, it is all OURS anyway.

janetupnorth said:
Hopefully he has a lot of tools instead...I don't know a lot of guys who move out with a decent amount of kitchen stuff. It is usually a cheap pan here, a pocketknife there...

I USED to have tons of tools, but my husband strangely inherited them all...still wondering what he brought possession-wise to the marriage... :rolleyes: ;)

But after 9 years, it is all OURS anyway.

He brought you himself. Isn't that enough? ;)

My previous roommate had the worst kitchen stuff ever! Warped saucepans with chipped nonstick coating, and they weighed about 6oz. it seems. How anyone could cook with that stuff (or how they could just not care about it), I'll never know.

thanks. i thought they would need to get a new one, just thought i would check.

janetupnorth said:
Also, often they "think" they have everything in the catalog, but like me had the older style handles, etc. It will be nice for them to upgrade.

I also suggest that if they have children to use the older set to build a hope chest for their kids.
So true. I got the EAD as one of my incentives when I started and mentioned at a show that the (old) one that I was using had been upgraded. The question I got was "then why don't you use that one?". Made me think.

If I earn (or have) the latest and greatest that is what I carry. BUT if you don't have the latest model of something don't feel that you MUST get it. Just use yours and say that they will get an upgraded product. I point out that if they already have the older model there's nothing wrong with it and they should keep using it. The upgrades are to improve it or add features.

I don't want anyone to think that what they already have is obsolete. For instance, the Ultimate Mandoline is much safer and nicer than the Ultimate Sice and Grate but the USG is still a great tool as long as the user is careful.

Getting a second set of things is also a great way to make sure your kit is always packed and ready to go, as you can use your "originals" in the kitchen and leave your kit packed.

chefann said:
Getting a second set of things is also a great way to make sure your kit is always packed and ready to go, as you can use your "originals" in the kitchen and leave your kit packed.

This is exactly what I was going to say.

What is a consultant's kit?

A consultant's kit is a collection of essential products and tools that will help you get started on your Pampered Chef journey. It includes various kitchen tools, cookware, and other items that you can use and demonstrate to your potential customers.

Do I need to buy a consultant's kit to become a consultant?

While it is not mandatory, we highly recommend purchasing a consultant's kit to start your journey as a Pampered Chef consultant. It will not only provide you with necessary products but also give you a hands-on experience with our products, making it easier for you to sell them to your customers.

How much does a consultant's kit cost?

The cost of a consultant's kit varies depending on the current promotion and the products included in the kit. However, it typically ranges from $99 to $159. You can check the current pricing and contents of the kit on our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant.

What if I already have some of the products included in the consultant's kit?

If you already own some of the products in the consultant's kit, you can still purchase it to get the full experience and benefits of being a consultant. Alternatively, you can also opt for a digital kit, which includes all the necessary materials and training without any physical products.

Can I customize my consultant's kit?

Unfortunately, we do not offer customization for consultant's kits at this time. However, we regularly update the contents of the kit to include new and popular products, ensuring that you have the best tools to start your Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sarah Mitson
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melissa3026
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
melissa3026
  • alidafrizzell