• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Teacher Recruitment Strategies: Tips and Tricks

In summary, recruiting teachers for Pampered Chef can be a great opportunity due to their flexibility, demonstrated skills, and need for additional income. As a teacher, one has the advantage of having a large network of contacts and the necessary skills to excel in this business. Potential obstacles could include concerns about time management, but these can be addressed by showing how Pampered Chef can be a fun break from other responsibilities. It may also be helpful to invite interested teachers to attend a few shows to see for themselves before making a commitment.
Sherry Leigh
I am interested in recruiting and think that teachers would make great prospects - they can work more in the summer when they're not teaching, it's flexible, they have demonstrated skills etc
Have you recruited teachers in the past and how have you done it? Any special tips or angles to focus on when approaching them? (after that I would of course "shut up and listen")

Sherry Leigh said:
I am interested in recruiting and think that teachers would make great prospects - they can work more in the summer when they're not teaching, it's flexible, they have demonstrated skills etc
Have you recruited teachers in the past and how have you done it? Any special tips or angles to focus on when approaching them? (after that I would of course "shut up and listen")

I'm a teacher, and I was recruited, and I have recruited one other teacher.

I think you hit the nail on the head with your reasons. Many of us teachers (especially the young single ones) need more income. We don't want to work retail because often that means we have to work until 10 or 11 p.m. I tried that for two months and got tired of it, since I have to wake up at 4:40 a.m. I joined b/c of the flexibility -- I can do as little or as much as I want. It also incorporates my favorite hobbies, which are cooking and eating.

Thanks Keith. As a teacher did you see any specific obstacles/objections that I should be prepared to discuss?

Sherry Leigh said:
Thanks Keith. As a teacher did you see any specific obstacles/objections that I should be prepared to discuss?

Not at all! Teachers with small children may feel like they don't have the time, but since I'm gay and single I've no idea on how to help you counteract that. :)

I make sure to tell the parents I communicate with about it, too. I just don't send them that email from the school email because that would be against policy. I had one parent send me an email and found out she was a Creative Memories Consultant, so I asked her for a catalog to buy some stuff for my mom, and told her about PC. She got all excited and now she and hubby are buying a set of SA for dishes! She's gonna do a show for me in June, too. Yahoo!

Any other teachers out there?

I'd be interested in hearing from some too. I have a great host, who talks all the time about joining - but she is a Jr. High Guidance Counselor, and has 2 small children.......and always worries about not having enough time.

I am a former teacher, and you will find that many of the most successful people in the company (definitely NOT me!) are former teachers as well.

Teachers have LOTS of contacts because of the many parents/students/colleagues that they have worked with over their careers. They also possess the skills that make doing cooking shows a breeze (dealing with the difficult guest, making even the most mundane tasks seem like a party, presenting material in fun & engaging ways) and they also make great team leaders (recordkeeping, motivating, rewarding/praising even small accomplishments).

Teachers are generally never at a loss for words and find almost a compulsion to start engaging conversations with complete strangers:D
Definitely another plus!

I also found when I was still teaching and I worked booths at community events, it was great for the kids to see me in another role besides their teacher. Many of my booth sales came from students bringing their parents over to meet their teacher.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'd be interested in hearing from some too. I have a great host, who talks all the time about joining - but she is a Jr. High Guidance Counselor, and has 2 small children.......and always worries about not having enough time.
Ask them to go with you to a couple of shows. Once they see that is really is a break from your parent/teacher responsibilities, it isn't so difficult to carve out a couple of nights a month to do this. I existed for almost two years (while teaching) by doing mainly catalog shows, often just laying a catalog in the teacher's workroom.

They will never know unless they try, and you aren't asking for a life-long commitment. If they don't like it after 4 shows, they still have some great kitchen tools, and they aren't obligated to continue. :chef:

Looking at the time of the message you'll have to wait to get more replies. I just got home and we got out early today. I also am a teacher. I am not the norm though. I was in Criminal Justice, had kids stayed home and started my PC business after 5 years and kids started school I went back to school full time did pc full time income and became a teacher. Now I teach with my kids at school and do schools mostly on Sat am and some Fri I used to do mostly weeknights. No obstalces for anyone. Don't think I want to recruit teachers. Think I want to share the business with anyone I can. If they want to work the business then you find a way to do it around anything. I know from experience. You do what you have to if you want success some people want to have the success without the work. So this job is no better for teachers than anyone else. You know there are doctors and lawyers that sell Pampered Chef successfully.

Last edited:
One of my cluster mates is a teacher. She started selling PC in about Oct 2007 and has been going like gang busters since then. She usually has the highest in sales and most bookings in our cluster.

What is the process for recruiting teachers?

The process for recruiting teachers typically involves creating job postings, advertising the positions, reviewing resumes and applications, conducting interviews, and making job offers to qualified candidates.

What qualifications are necessary for a teaching position?

The specific qualifications for a teaching position may vary depending on the school or district, but most require a bachelor's degree in education or a related field, a teaching license or certification, and relevant experience.

How can I attract top talent when recruiting teachers?

To attract top talent when recruiting teachers, it is important to have a strong reputation as a school or district, offer competitive salaries and benefits, have a positive and supportive work culture, and provide opportunities for professional growth and development.

What are some effective ways to advertise teaching positions?

Some effective ways to advertise teaching positions include posting job listings on online job boards and education-specific websites, attending job fairs and career events, utilizing social media, and reaching out to local colleges and universities with education programs.

What is the importance of diversity and inclusivity in teacher recruitment?

Diversity and inclusivity in teacher recruitment is important because it allows for a more diverse and representative teaching staff, which can benefit students from different backgrounds and perspectives. It also helps create a more inclusive and welcoming learning environment for all students.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cr8vKitchen