• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Recruiting Dilemma - To Sign or Not to Sign Before Party?

it would make more sense for her to sign before the party and get all the bookings that way. I don't want to do all the work for her and then she doesn't want to take any ownership of it.I would also suggest she sign before the party. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your director. It sounds like she's been busy and she might not have had a chance to talk to you about this. If she doesn't want to sign before the party, that's her decision, but you should be able to get the bookings from the party and have a successful show.
Ok I need help, my director is on her cruise right now and usually I ask her about this. I have a recruit who I have been working with since Feb 28th. She booked a party with me that night for April 17th. Then we talked about her signing and I offered for her to sign before her show and I would come and it would be her grand opening. I would bring my products, she got the host packet, host coaching ect. Now she was going to sign on April 4th and backed out because of money and she didn't want to demo... I explained that I would train her a head, if she signed she would have all the resources from PC ect. No she didn't have the money would have to wait at least 2 more weeks. Her party is on Thurs, she gets paid on Fri, she has 20-25 people coming and I said she should have her calender marked off and we would book dates for her. So she asked me today if she could sign before we closed the party, but after Thursday night and have me hold the check for her and count the party as hers. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? I trust her that the check would clear that is not the issue, it is I told her if she wanted to count the party as hers, then she had to sign BEFORE her show. Either way I am doing the work for the show. My original goal was to sign her by the 14th for free conference and that didn't happen. I really need advice!!

She has to sign before her show. If you are doing all the work and she wants the credit then she has to sign! :) Also, how sure are you of her check clearing?? Are you putting it on your card or are you sending in the contract?? I'm a bit confused there.
Good luck. I too was hoping for free or even 1/2 price conference but not happening.

You could always give her the outside orders from her show if she doesn't want to sign up before her show. That way she would be ready to submit her first catalog show and can get the bookings from the show you do for you. If you do the show, you can make sure to mention to everyone that "Sarah" is going to sign with PC, if you would like to do one of her first shows for her, make sure to mark it on their door prize slip so Sarah can know who's interested in helping her out when she does sign. That's about all I would do for her if she didn't want to sign before the show.

I agree if she doesn't sign before the party then the party is yours.

Ok, thats what I was thinking. I don't want to do all the work and then hold her show open just for her to sign. I will be working to get her bookings at the party and giving her the outside orders is a good idea too. I just want to make sure she gets off to a great start, but I am not sure I can go this far. I have been working on directorship for 6 months and have yet to sign one so I guess I am second guessing myself here. PLEASE keep the ideas coming!!!!

I understand you want to help her out but you will be doing this show and all of the work. If it were me... I would tell her that if she wanted to sign before her show it could count as hers... she signs and pays for the kit online with her OWN credit card... not mine with her giving me a check. If she can't do that then the show would be mine but I would give her all of the bookings from the show as stated before... and the catalog show idea with the outside orders is good too to give her one under her belt right off of the bat.

If people are THAT interested in signing to get something they want they can be very resourceful in finding the funds.

The policies document has a section about kick off shows. The only HO-authorized kick off show in which the recruiter does the show is one where the recruiter submits the show, and the recruit can use kit credit and gets the bookings to start out. I do know that a lot of people also suggest (as mentioned above) using the after-show outside orders as the recruits first catalog show, getting them closer to qualifying.

I think this might be what the others are talking about...
Turn in the first $300 in sales yourself and get your recruit the kit credit. You could then offer her any of the sales above that to get her started.

Whoever does the show submits the show.

There are a couple of things that a recruiter can do to help a new recruit get started (besides training):

1. Do the show and the recruit can use some of the FPV as a kit credit (the recruiter submits the show - this would be before the recruit sends in her agreement). The new recruit gets the bookings from that show to get started. The recruiter can offer outside orders to the recruit to submit as her first catalog show if the recruiter so desires.

2. Attend the recruit's first show (recruit would be host and consultant, so she would have to have already signed her agreement and submitted it) and be there as support and to help get future bookings.

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a popular game from Pampered Chef that encourages creativity and quick thinking in the kitchen. It involves making a meal using a set of mystery ingredients and limited time.

2. How do I play "What Would You Do?"

To play "What Would You Do?", you'll need a set of mystery ingredients, a timer, and your imagination! First, set the timer for a designated amount of time. Then, using the mystery ingredients, create a dish or meal. Be as creative as you can and have fun!

3.What types of ingredients are used in "What Would You Do?"

The ingredients used in "What Would You Do?" can vary, but they are typically common kitchen items such as fruits, vegetables, grains, and proteins. You can also use pantry staples like spices, oils, and condiments to enhance your dish.

4. Can I play "What Would You Do?" with my friends and family?

Absolutely! "What Would You Do?" is a great activity to do with friends and family. You can take turns choosing the mystery ingredients and see who can come up with the most creative and delicious dish.

5. Is "What Would You Do?" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "What Would You Do?" is suitable for all ages. It's a fun and interactive game that can be enjoyed by adults and children alike. Just make sure to supervise younger children when using kitchen tools and appliances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • KarenMarie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • chefsteph07