• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Tanked on My Recruit Call

In summary, the conversation involved a new Director trying to set up a phone interview with a possible recruit. The recruiter was ready to sign, but the Director jumped to another topic. The Director and the recruiter never discussed signing again and the call ended with the recruiter not signing. The Director made an appointment for a follow-up call and the follow-up call did not go well.
Becky0216
:cry: I am new so I had a 3 way call set up with my director and my possible recruit. We will call her Jess. I have been working with this woman for over a month and she was ready to sign. So my director is talking to this girl and said "so are your ready to sign"? and Jess says yes. My D then says to log onto my website to start the process. While we were waiting for that my D jumps topic and tells her to get a paper and write down possible shows, etc. Jess says she is worried about not knowing enough people. Then my D starts an exercise with her to list names.
Long story short, we end the call with never mentioning signing up again for the day. Made an appt. for a call again in a few days. She was ready to sign right then.
Well the follow up call was yesterday. Needless to say she did not sign then. She said she gave it alot more thought and decided not to do it at this time. I know if she signed she would have been great and would have worked real hard to qualify in 30 days. But I am also happy she didn't because i want her to be ready and stick with it.
I just made a goal that I would go to NC if I signed a recruit and had 2500 in sales. Neither happened, so it's a no go for me.
My Director is mad at herself for messing up the phone interview etc. I am not mad at her. I was a bit annoyed that she kept interrupting Jess as she was signing up. Its not like this was a spur of the moment thing. Jess has been thinking about it for almost 2 months now.

Just had to share. I think I will do my own recruiting calls from now on.

My question is if "Jess" was ready to sign and had been thinking of it for 2 months why didnt she allready have her first 4 shows lined up? I would follow up with her and be sympathetis to her feeling as if she does not know enough people. Have her set a goal of getting 4 may shows booked. As soon as they are on the booke she can sign. Aslo reassure her that its only her first few shows that she needs friends and family to book.

She was going to get her 4 shows completed as catalog shows because she wanted to earn the salad and Berry spinner. She did have a few people say they would host shows for her as well. But in our talks we did decide to get the 4 catty shows done and qualify. Then she wouldn't be so nervous about deadlines. Thats why I was annoyed with our call. Jess already knew what she was doing for her first 4 shows.

I agree with Paulette. It's really important to sign up with your first few shows already scheduled. I made the mistake of having someone sign the paperwork before she scheduled those shows. While she was enthusiastic about signing up and doing shows, she was not at all prepared to call her friends and family and book the first few shows. So, we ripped up her contract and I have her voided check on my bulletin board to remind me to always make sure my team members are positioned for a successful start.

You did ok, your director did ok, and the candidate did ok. I agree with Paulette's suggestion to call her and keep things open.

Good luck!

Aw, that stinks. But look at it this way - Jess now knows that even Directors are human and can mess things up. She may not sign right away, but when she does, she's going to have more realistic expectations of your Director, and maybe have a goal to promote to Director herself, knowing that you don't have to be perfect to do so.

Did your director know about the catalog shows? Does "Jess" want to just get the kit and salad spinner or does she want to be an active consultant? I do have to say that my director would have done the same thing about working with her to get the first few shows booked. I also understand the "not knowing enough people, that was me. My director tried to push me to book 4 more after struggling to get my first 6 (the requirement when I started). It almost scared me away.

just roll with it....

My Director did know about the catalog shows. She said she was absent minded and forgot. So then Jess thought she needed 4 shows on top of the 4 catty shows she was already going to have. She already talked with family and friends that were willing to help her out with shows.
Like I said, I am not mad at my director. She is real mad at herself. I was just bummed it happened this way

here is what I would doThis is what I would do if I was in your situation (although I realize everybody is different): I would phone "Jess" up and talk to her - be honest that things didn't go the way you thought but reassure her that YOU think she would do GREAT - talk about her doing the catalogue Shows, an Open House, etc. I would tell her that you are here for if/when she decides to start - and I would just be very sincere.

I would ask if I could put her on a SomeDay Email List to keep her up to date with the up-coming Consultant Incentives.

But that is just me - others may not agree. :)

I am following up with her in 2 months. She said that was ok. I really do think alot of the reason she didn't sign is because of the call. I think it confused her and made her second guess. I spoke with her more about it, so maybe in 2 month I will have her on my team of none!

I always think it is good to meet in person, maybe over coffee and go thru the new recruiting booklet. My director did this with me and my potential recruit and was able to really get to the bottom of her reluctance and help her work thru it. She signed and is doing very well.

I would not wait 2 months to follow up with her. That seems like a long time to me. I know myself, if I was wanting to sign I would be aggravated about waiting 2 months. I would wait a week or two and then call her.

I am aslo of the opinion that if she was REALLY ready to sign, she would have done it no matter the phone call. Or at least, I know I would have.

She thought she had to wait until SUnday. But it is better off. She would have jumped into something when she has more important things to focus on. Her health isnt the best and she is recently separated from her hubby. Thats why I am giving her 2 months. She asked me to give her some time. We agreed on 2-3 months.

When it comes right down to it, your recruit will do better when she's comfortable starting. It has nothing to do with what incentives are offered, or when we want them to start. My recruiter asked me every couple of months until I was ready to sign. I do recommend staying in regular contact with her, even if it's just your monthly customer newsletter - and definitely call her if there's a recruiting promo announced (I know that sounds contrary to what I already said, but it just might coincide with when she's ready to start, and then you'll both benefit even more!).

1. Why did the director tanked on my recruit call?

There could be various reasons why the director tanked on your recruit call. They might have had a bad day, or they might not be interested in your pitch. It is also possible that they had a different expectation from the call and felt disappointed.

2. How should I handle a director who tanks on my recruit call?

First, take a deep breath and remain calm. Don't take it personally and try to understand their perspective. Ask them for feedback on why they were not interested and use that to improve your approach for future calls. It is essential to maintain a professional and respectful attitude towards the director.

3. Can I salvage the recruit call if the director tanks on it?

It depends on the situation and the director's response. If they seem open to giving you a second chance, you can try to salvage the call by addressing their concerns and adjusting your pitch accordingly. However, if they are not interested at all, it might be best to end the call on a positive note and move on.

4. What should I do if the director becomes rude or aggressive during the call?

If the director's behavior becomes inappropriate, it is best to end the call immediately. You can calmly explain that you do not appreciate their tone and end the call. It is essential to set boundaries and not tolerate any form of abuse or disrespect during a professional call.

5. How can I prevent a director from tanking on my recruit call in the future?

To prevent a similar situation in the future, make sure to thoroughly research the director and their company beforehand. Tailor your pitch to their specific interests and needs, and be prepared to answer any questions or concerns they might have. It is also essential to maintain a positive and confident attitude throughout the call.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • lockhartkitchen