• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Fear of Recruiting: Tips and Benefits for Direct Sales Consultants

doesn't really matter. When you become a director, you will start to get HO leads (people outside of your circle) which can really boost your business.
jesusluvsu2005
Anyone else afraid to recruit? I just started this and have only had two shows. But 2 people have approached me about considering selling. However, all of my customer base has come from church so far and these ladies are at church also. I want them to sell if they want to but at the same time, if they both sold or even if one of them sold and there were 2-3 consultants in the same group of people it could get tricky. How would business get dispersed? I know that if I wasn't a consultant and there were 2-3 consultants that i went to church with I could see toes getting stepped on if so and so orders from so and so but not the other. KWIM? Any advice? What benefits do we receive when we begin recruiting? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

i will say this, i started not to sign because my recruiter and i know alot of the same people and she knew if i signed up she would lose several customers because the mutual people we know would come to me but she was willing to take tha chance, i am about to book a party with one of the girls that did a fall show with my recruiter, hopefully it will be as good a show for me as it was for my recruiter, it ended up being a little over $1000 show, which would be great for me.

I think that the biggest thing you have to remember is that church is not their only circle, just like it is not your only circle as well. Right now in your business I'm sure that you are still doing shows with your friends and family. Those shows will have bookings and then those shows will have bookings and eventually you will get outside of your circle and into the circles of others that you don't know. The same will happen for your recruits. Not to mention that their friends and family are not the same as yours, so they will branch out in different directions.

When you recruit and become a Future Director and a Director you start to get paid overrides on your recruits sales. That is just one of the perks. When you become a director you start getting HO leads (which will usually be people outside of your circle again) which can really boost your business.

My suggestion is to recruit now and as many as you can! Go back to those that already showed interest and get them started! If they are serious about it they will find another consultant to work with or even another company. I would rather have them working under me than someone else.

Congrats! You must be doing something right to make your job look easy enough and fun enough that others are showing interest. Figure out what that is and work it! You will be a Director before you know it!!!!

if you all know each other sit down with your list of 100. Some people you will be better friends with some the other gals will be. Bring this all out in the open from the beginning. Thell tham you want them to have a great businessand to do that you need to work together.

count your blessings if you allready have 2 people wanting to sign up. I have been doing this 5 years and can't get a soul to sign on the dotted line!

When I signed, I attended a VERY small church (less than 100) and there was already a consultant in the church that had been selling for about 6 months. She had already had shows with most people that would be willing to do one. In addition to that...I wasn't working outside of the home and all my family was out of state. I was really nervous about starting. I jumped in and was pleasantly surprised that a couple of "I'll never do a show" people had one for me. I made sure to say to each host "The nicest thing you can do for me is to fill the room with people I don't know". Ten years later....I'm still at it :)

As for having trouble stepping on each others toes. I had some people that would alternate who they placed an order with. Once I did my first few shows, I moved out of the church circle and it was not really an issue.

My recruiter is at my church and has been in business 8-9 years. There are 25 consultants in our small town of 8,000. I don't notice it, I was self-conscious of it at first but learned quickly that it doesn't or very rarely and minutely affects my business. The benefits of recruiting and having them on your team will far outweigh your concerns. Recruit!!!!...and as a new consultant, your director is responsible to help train them.

I used to be afraid to recruit. I always thought more consultants would take away from my business. Then I starting realizing that we have soooo many people in my community, and I can never service all of them. I have been doing so many shows in the last few months, I think there is definately room for more consultants.

When I sold jewelry, so did three other women in my church, two of whom were directors.We really didn't step on one another's toes at all.I did get one order from the church after the others either left the church or stopped selling ... she was really adamant that she wanted to do business from within the church ... but not really much. Kind of felt bad because she was my leader's customer and should have remained so ... it's not like she moved!Anyway ... you all know separate people so you should be OK ... it's not like you all work the same place, live on the same street or have the same family!

Just to add that I live in a large city (well, for my state at least). I very rarely do shows in my city. It's always the surrounding suburbs or further out of town. When you get out of your circle of friends, you will meet plenty of people the other ladies don't know!

What is "Afraid to Recruit"?

"Afraid to Recruit" is a program designed to help businesses and organizations overcome their fear of recruiting and hiring new employees.

Why is recruiting and hiring new employees scary?

Recruiting and hiring new employees can be intimidating because it involves making important decisions that can greatly impact the success of a business or organization. It also requires investing time and resources, and there is always a risk of making a bad hire.

How can "Afraid to Recruit" help?

"Afraid to Recruit" provides tools, resources, and guidance to help businesses and organizations feel more confident and comfortable in their recruiting and hiring processes. This includes tips on creating job descriptions, conducting interviews, and making hiring decisions.

What types of businesses or organizations can benefit from "Afraid to Recruit"?

Any business or organization that struggles with recruiting and hiring, or experiences fear or hesitation in the process, can benefit from "Afraid to Recruit". This includes small businesses, startups, non-profits, and more.

Is "Afraid to Recruit" only for employers?

No, "Afraid to Recruit" can also benefit job seekers and potential employees. By understanding the recruiting and hiring process better, they can be better prepared and more confident in their job search.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Dutchess
  • finley1991