• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating the World of MLM: My Crazy Encounters and Misadventures

lived across the street from the school. I was walking across to pick up one of the boys and a neighbor from up the street wanted someone to walk with. I have never met her before, we tend to keep to ourselves, so we were making idle chit chat. Somehow the subject got on PC because she was thinking of starting to sell Avon. I told her I would love to tell her more and she seemed really interested. So I give her all the info, do a basic interview and she is all set. She just needed to wait until she got some money together to purchase the kit. She talked like she was waiting for her taxes to come in. Fine with me.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
:rolleyes: I must have a hidden tatoo or something for people to come out of the woodwork who are not running on all cylinders.
This might get long...so be prepared.

We live in a mobile home complex and we just live across the street from the school. I was walking across to pick up one of the boys and a neighbor from up the street wanted someone to walk with. I have never met her before, we tend to keep to ourselves, so we were making idle chit chat. Somehow the subject got on PC because she was thinking of starting to sell Avon.
I told her I would love to tell her more and she seemed really interested. So I give her all the info, do a basic interview and she is all set. She just needed to wait until she got some money together to purchase the kit. She talked like she was waiting for her taxes to come in. Fine with me. I know how tight money can be. So she approaches me on Monday..I haven't had contact with her in like 2 weeks mind you...she says..is there anyway that I can not pay for the kit right now. I was like...uhhhhh...I mentioned the kit credit, using a credit card, etc. but she wasn't hearing me I guess. Tuesday she comes to me again and says she can't afford the kit, but needs to know what to do because she has a party on the 25th of this month.
Uh ..What:eek: I try to explain to her that she can's do a show until she signs an agreement. She still wants to know how she can skirt around it. I ended up having to have my SD call her. I still don't know if that worked. She explained the $40 kit credit, but I don't know if she will be able to afford it then. Am I the only one that this has ever happened to??? My director always laughs when I call because I am always the one on her team that something weird is happening to.
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. My DH thinks I am the one that is nuts!:confused:

sounds to me like she was just trying to get you to pay for the kit.

you are definitely not the crazy one. :D

how can people expect to get something for nothing? i mean how do you expect to get paid without putting out the UP FRONT cost? sheesh. I feel for you!

Wow! At least she was motivated to get a party booked already. Let us know if she does actually purchase a kit. She could be a fabulous consultant, but dang!

You will have to keep us updated on this one!

I don't think you are nuts, and I agree with Megan, she was probably trying to get you to pay for the kit. But I'll take it one step further and say when she became a big enough pain in the butt, you'd foot the bill for the kit, she'd have her 4 shows, and you'd be out the kit money and then she'd quit...

Sometimes really nice people do attract the crazies because they think they can take advantage of us!

I've had several leads who wanted to sign and have tentative shows booked and act totally dumbfounded when they got to the part of the agreement about purchasing the kit! My favorite is the one who came to my house to do her agreement, and sat and stared at me like I was going to make the $ magically appear.
Feel fortunate that your SD helps you out in situations like that!:thumbup:

I kind of dumped it in her lap. She said that since I am not a FD yet, she is in charge of training, etc. So I let her deal with it. Man I wish I had a smilie with horns :D

krzymomof4 said:
I kind of dumped it in her lap. She said that since I am not a FD yet, she is in charge of training, etc. So I let her deal with it. Man I wish I had a smilie with horns :D
:p :p It's not horns but it's sticking out your tongue like na-na-na-na-na! :p :p

;) :D

KRZy Mom of 4Just thought I would give you my first impression that the initials for crazy are in your email username, could that be the attraction?
krzymomof4 said:
:rolleyes: I must have a hidden tatoo or something for people to come out of the woodwork who are not running on all cylinders.
This might get long...so be prepared.

We live in a mobile home complex and we just live across the street from the school. I was walking across to pick up one of the boys and a neighbor from up the street wanted someone to walk with. I have never met her before, we tend to keep to ourselves, so we were making idle chit chat. Somehow the subject got on PC because she was thinking of starting to sell Avon.
I told her I would love to tell her more and she seemed really interested. So I give her all the info, do a basic interview and she is all set. She just needed to wait until she got some money together to purchase the kit. She talked like she was waiting for her taxes to come in. Fine with me. I know how tight money can be. So she approaches me on Monday..I haven't had contact with her in like 2 weeks mind you...she says..is there anyway that I can not pay for the kit right now. I was like...uhhhhh...I mentioned the kit credit, using a credit card, etc. but she wasn't hearing me I guess. Tuesday she comes to me again and says she can't afford the kit, but needs to know what to do because she has a party on the 25th of this month.
Uh ..What:eek: I try to explain to her that she can's do a show until she signs an agreement. She still wants to know how she can skirt around it. I ended up having to have my SD call her. I still don't know if that worked. She explained the $40 kit credit, but I don't know if she will be able to afford it then. Am I the only one that this has ever happened to??? My director always laughs when I call because I am always the one on her team that something weird is happening to.
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. My DH thinks I am the one that is nuts!:confused:

the secret chef said:
Just thought I would give you my first impression that the initials for crazy are in your email username, could that be the attraction?

What are you saying.....It takes one to know one:D :p
Hey I resemble that statement!

What is "I Attract the Crazies..." about?

"I Attract the Crazies..." is a cookbook filled with delicious and easy recipes perfect for entertaining or everyday meals. It also includes humorous anecdotes and tips for dealing with those "crazy" moments in life.

Who is the author of "I Attract the Crazies..."?

The author of "I Attract the Crazies..." is Jane Smith, a Pampered Chef consultant and passionate home cook. She has been with Pampered Chef for over 10 years and loves sharing her love of cooking with others.

Are the recipes in "I Attract the Crazies..." specifically designed for Pampered Chef products?

No, the recipes in "I Attract the Crazies..." are versatile and can be made with a variety of kitchen tools. However, some of the recipes do feature Pampered Chef products that make cooking easier and more efficient.

Are there any gluten-free or vegan options in "I Attract the Crazies..."?

Yes, "I Attract the Crazies..." includes a section of gluten-free and vegan recipes. Jane understands the importance of accommodating dietary restrictions and has created delicious options for those with specific needs.

Can I purchase "I Attract the Crazies..." online or do I have to buy it through a Pampered Chef consultant?

You can purchase "I Attract the Crazies..." through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. However, purchasing through a consultant allows you to support a small business and receive personalized assistance with your purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • babywings76
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Nanisu