• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Start Boxes - When Can a Recruit Get One?

In summary, the director said a consultant needs to have signed up and have a consultant number when they hand out a Quick Start box to them. The director said that this is backwards because when doing the consultant agreement it asks if they have a quick start box. The director said that if the consultant doesn't have a quick start box, find another director in your area, or one of your upper level directors, and get one from them. If the consultant doesn't have a quick start box and the director gives it to them, the consultant is charged at the end of the season if they haven't been used.
jennyl
My director said a consultant needs to have signed up and have a consultant number when they hand out a Quick Start box to them.
That seems backwards to me... because when doing the consultant agreement it asks if they have a quick start box.

Can anyone out there clarify for me? My director doesn't use the QS boxes so maybe that's where the confusion came from.

Thanks!

I get my QS boxes from my director - we've been using them when someone wants to sign up, but is wanting to get their shows booked before sending for their kit. For instance - I have a new recruit who's first show is April 5 (tomorrow!) but I gave her a QS Box on March 15 - so she could start training, and get her host packets out to all of her shows for April. She turned in a written agreement to me at that time -but we waited until the 25th to send it in.

If your director doesn't use them, find another director in your area, or one of your upper level directors, and get one from them - it doesn't matter who's you use - you just need to have their consultant # for the agreement. They don't pay for them - the $$ still comes from the recruits payment for their kit.

Thanks, Becky. That makes sense to me. A good friend that lives in Colorado (I'm in NY) is signing with me, by April 14. We found her a hospitality director, so I'll have her ask the hospitality director if she can get a QS box from her. That would help her get a jump start with the host packets, etc.

What happens if you give them one and they "kitnap" it and never end up signing? At that point, would the director be charged for it or not?

KellyTheChef said:
What happens if you give them one and they "kitnap" it and never end up signing? At that point, would the director be charged for it or not?
They get charged at the end of the season, if they haven't been used.....I think.I would probably make an effort to get the box back - it's just the paperwork, not the products - so nothing they would be using without having shows.Plus, for the one I just did - I got a signed agreement from her, with her 4 shows dates - and then I gave it to her. But since she decided to sign in March, and all of her shows were in April, it just made sense to wait until the end of the month to send in her agreement, so she could qualify in her first 30 days.

jennyl said:
My director said a consultant needs to have signed up and have a consultant number when they hand out a Quick Start box to them.
That seems backwards to me... because when doing the consultant agreement it asks if they have a quick start box.

Can anyone out there clarify for me? My director doesn't use the QS boxes so maybe that's where the confusion came from.

Thanks!

Yup, she's backwards...hence the name "Quick Start" - it gets you paperwork in hand so you can get working BEFORE you order your kit and get the products. When you order your kit you will get the product box only because you already have paperwork in hand.

jennyl said:

I think the "hand out" part is key to what your Director is saying, and maybe she just didn't word it right. It sounds like she's trying to avoid the situation above where the person never signs up. I would imagine she would tell the recruit they have a QSB, and to mark it as so on their agreement, but not physically hand over the box until the agreement is signed.

Just my two cents :)

The director does get charged for it if it isn't used. If she gives it to someone who ends up not signing and then doesn't return the box to the director to give to someone else the director is out $35.

I give it to people at the time they sign. They fill out the form and submit it and I leave them with the box (or deliver it that day or the next at the latest). If I lend a box out to another consultant I make sure that they understand how to fill out that part of the agreement and that it costs $35 if it's not used and recorded properly. I have never had a problem.

1. What is a Quick Start Box?

A Quick Start Box is a bundle of items that can help new recruits get a headstart in the game, such as resources, gear, and bonus experience points.

2. How can a recruit obtain a Quick Start Box?

A recruit can obtain a Quick Start Box by completing certain tasks or objectives, or by purchasing it from the in-game store.

3. When can a recruit get a Quick Start Box?

A recruit can get a Quick Start Box at any time, but it is recommended to use it at the beginning of their gameplay to gain an advantage.

4. Are Quick Start Boxes available for all games?

No, Quick Start Boxes are only available for certain games that offer them as a feature for new recruits.

5. Can a recruit use multiple Quick Start Boxes?

It depends on the game's rules and restrictions. Some games may allow recruits to use multiple Quick Start Boxes, while others may limit it to one per account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • AZPampered Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • ChefMoore
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies