• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What If...

In summary, the new consultant who bought the kit and committed to doing the 4 shows in 30 days has decided that she does not want to do them. There are no repercussions to this decision.
pampered_chef_swva
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not - but I was just curious as to if there are any repercussions to a new consultant who has purchased the kit - and committed to doing the 4 shows in 30 days...and then decides that she doesn't want to do it at all - ?

She paid the 155.00 - and then kept all the merchandise...for a fraction of the price and has NO intentions of selling PC...what happens then?

Thanks...

B

PC does NOT send a crew to confiscate her kit...although I think it would be funny and great...Instead of the Dream partrol a Cream patrol???? (Ok, bad humor...)We call those people "kit nappers". All you can do is encourage her to at least give it a shot and complete her end of the bargain and then bless and release...not worth your effort.

The real bummer is that she is truly missing out on what a wonder opportunity selling PC really is!!!

If someone is a kitnapper they cannot sell Pampered Chef in the future.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. Like Janet says I tried to encourage someone to at least "try" to do the 4 shows, she then proceeded to tell me that she had a lawyer friend of hers look over the agreement and no where on there does it say that she has to do anything! She went out of her way to find that out and have a lawyer look at it. Grrr

ChefLisa said:
If someone is a kitnapper they cannot sell Pampered Chef in the future.

Yes they can. They can "reactivate" before their year is up and do their 4 shows or $1250 to qualify. I had someone do this to me (my first recruit ever) and I haven't heard from her since! :yuck:

If they have any integrity at all they would return the kit to the company. If not, they have to deal with their maker when the time comes....I am a big believer in what goes around comes around!

Addie4TLC said:
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. Like Janet says I tried to encourage someone to at least "try" to do the 4 shows, she then proceeded to tell me that she had a lawyer friend of hers look over the agreement and no where on there does it say that she has to do anything! She went out of her way to find that out and have a lawyer look at it. Grrr
I wouldn't want this person on my team if this is their true colors.

Why doesn't Pampered Chef bill them for the full value of the products if they go inactive for more than the 12 months? That would only be "fair" and would discourage people from kitnapping.

PamperedJen76 said:
Why doesn't Pampered Chef bill them for the full value of the products if they go inactive for more than the 12 months? That would only be "fair" and would discourage people from kitnapping.
It would cost PC more to chase after them than it's worth plus it would be bad publicity for the company. Those people know they cheated. They have to live with themselves.

True. Unfortunately this probably happens more than anyone with a conscience would think..

When I first signed up I saw it as a way to get all the products I wanted cheaper, AND I only had to do 6 shows (at that time) to fulfill my commitment. I never once thought of just taking off with the kit and not fulfilling my end of the bargain, and it IS a bargain! I mean heck, you get a commission from doing shows!?! What's the risk? It's a win/win for everyone in my opinion!

jwpamp said:
If they have any integrity at all they would return the kit to the company. If not, they have to deal with their maker when the time comes....I am a big believer in what goes around comes around!

I absolutely agree.

I'll knock myself out to help a team member be successful; but have difficulty conjuring any respect for those who sign and 'run'.

pamperedlinda said:
I wouldn't want this person on my team if this is their true colors.
My thoughts exactly!! A person that thinks this way must have an unhappy existance, to go to all the trouble.

I've had the same kit napping type experience. She was all gung ho about selling - wanting me to teach her everything.... Couldn't wait. I spent time on her training, going to her house picking her up for cluster meetings. I went to her "open house" that she invited strangers to..... No one showed up, she didn't really make any calls. She said that she had 10 or so coming that she "talked to a lot of people". I turned it into a training session since I spent that gas money going to her town about 30 miles away. I invited her to go with me during a direct selling expo here in town. I didn't have her contribute to the cost of the booth and gave her 1/2 of the names to contact to get her up and running. This thing took a weird turn when we were packing up supplies. (I had her bring her kit with her so we could display it, since I don't have everything that's in it.) I guess I packed up one of "her" knives in my TTA. Time just got away from us and she never followed through to come to one of my shows so she could pick it and I totally forgot about it. A couple months down the line when I tried a little sneaky approach trying to get her in gear again. I made one last ditch effort to get her going... I was thinking about the new hands on type of shows and thought it would be perfect for her. She's not really comfortable standing in front of people. She really liked the idea. I asked if she would give it a try. She said she would. I told her pick up your list of 100 and start calling everyone you can think of. The plan was for her to bring at least ONE Host to my next BINGO in about 2 weeks time. I told her that if she couldn't get a host to do a show that she wouldn't become active and wouldn't be fulfilling the contract that she signed. I told her that HO called me and wanted me to have her send her kit back. (I had hinted about this two or three other times when I thought that she wasn't going to follow through and it at least got her calling people.) So longer story longer..... :) Of course she emailed me and didn't "find" anyone... I replyed to her email and told her ok and asked if 10 or 11 am on Saturday be better for me to come pick up her kit. The next day I got a nasty phone call message, and a email from her boyfriend... Saying that the kit was theirs that they paid for it and I wasn't getting it.
That I stole her knife.. I totally forgot I still had the knife. But replied to them that basically I was through with trying to help her, help herself. I told her that she stole the kit from the company, that I would keep the knife and asked that she block my emails and phone numbers that I would be doing the same with hers. WHEW... I haven't herd from her since, thank goodness..... I'm just happy that I don't have to drain anymore of my time and energy on someone that won't even try for themselves.....

They are suppose to send their intentions in writing to HO if they are not going to sell and then HO has them send back the stuff and they get a fraction of a refund. There are repacutions if you act on them!

cathyskitchen said:
Yes they can. They can "reactivate" before their year is up and do their 4 shows or $1250 to qualify. I had someone do this to me (my first recruit ever) and I haven't heard from her since! :yuck:

This also happened to the lady that recruited me. Her first recruit disappeared with her kit and almost a year later, she gets a notice that her recruit had just qualified.

What If...

1. What if I don't have all the ingredients for a recipe?
If you don't have all the ingredients, you can try to substitute similar items or leave out the missing ingredient. However, keep in mind that this may affect the taste and texture of the dish.

2. What if I want to make a recipe healthier?
You can make a recipe healthier by using alternative ingredients such as whole wheat flour instead of white flour, or using less sugar or oil. You can also try adding more vegetables or using leaner protein options.

3. What if I want to make a recipe gluten-free?
You can make a recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free flour or other alternative flours such as almond or coconut flour. You can also substitute gluten-free pasta or bread for regular versions.

4. What if I want to double or halve a recipe?
You can easily double or halve a recipe by adjusting the ingredient measurements accordingly. It may also be helpful to use kitchen tools such as measuring cups and spoons that have both metric and imperial measurements.

5. What if I don't have the right kitchen equipment for a recipe?
If you don't have the specific kitchen equipment called for in a recipe, you can try using alternative tools or improvising with what you have. For example, you can use a baking dish instead of a springform pan, or a whisk instead of an electric mixer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• veggiemama
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • kitchendivinity
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • pckelly