• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a 3 Day Grace Period for Starting with PC? The Truth Revealed!

In summary, a recruit of mine who signed up on Monday, emailed me on Tuesday night (late) and said that she wasn't going to be able to start for a few weeks with PC, but later in the email stated that she was just going to wait till her husband got home this summer (he is deployed). I told her that was fine, and that I would call her on Thursday. However, on Thursday night, she called me and told me that she doesn't want to be with me, because her friend in the States is going to become a consultant and she wants to sign up with her. I told her that unless she doesn't sell PC for a whole year, she is with me. She then told me
Chef_TK
Can someone please tell me if this is true? A recruit of mine who signed up on Monday, emailed me on Tuesday night (late) and said that she wasn't going to be able to start for a few weeks with PC, but later in the email stated that she was just going to wait till her husband got home this summer (he is deployed). I told her that was fine, and that I would call her on Thursday. In the meantime I called my director who said to remind her that she signed a contract and has to follow through with the 4 shows etc.

So I call the women Thursday night, only to have her tell me that she doesn't want to be with me, because her friend in the States is going to become a consultant and she wants to sign up with her. I told her that unless she doesn't sell PC for a whole year, she is with me. She then told me she wans't and already called PC and told them her story and that they said since she just signed up on Monday they would go ahead and let her change!!???

I have never heard of this, nor have a few other consultants I talked to. I haven't yet called PC as we are 7 hours ahead of them and they aren't open right now.

I am just so upset because this women called me 15 times in two days, and emailed me at least 10, I talked to her for so long and wasted so much of my time with her. To top it off our DH's work together, so that just upsets me even more, that she would do this to me. Granted I just met her on Sunday at a show, but it still hurts.

I had a girl that was to sign with me and didn't enter my consultant number when filling out her online application so she went under my director. Thankfully my director is awesome and we made the change, but HO had to have an email from me, the recruit AND my director stating we all wanted the change before they would "fix" it.
I would call HO and ask them what is up b/c I believe they have to get your permission to change this as well.
As far as a 3 day grace period...we fixed the situation the first day, so I don't know about a grace period.

Yes, there is a 3 day grace period to change your mind and cancel the contract. Most contracts have this. If she had waited longer than the 3 days she would be bound by the agreement, but since she acted immediately everything is void and she is not a consultant. Hope that makes sense.

Most direct-sells companies have the 3-day grace period for canceling the contract same as with sales at a show(think it has something to do with a federal trade regulation or soemthing it may even be on the back of our order forms). My mom got burned by a three day grace period on a vacuum cleaner cause I didnt find out about the cleaner till the 4th day.

ivebeen4given said:
Most direct-sells companies have the 3-day grace period for canceling the contract same as with sales at a show(think it has something to do with a federal trade regulation or soemthing it may even be on the back of our order forms). My mom got burned by a three day grace period on a vacuum cleaner cause I didnt find out about the cleaner till the 4th day.
Exactly what I was going to say, minus the Mom part;)

Last edited:
ivebeen4given said:

You even have a three day grace period on a newly closed mortgage (purchase or refinance).

1. Is there really a 3 day grace period for starting with Pampered Chef?

Yes, there is a 3 day grace period for starting with Pampered Chef. This means that if you decide to join as a consultant and change your mind within 3 days, you can receive a full refund of your initial investment.

2. How do I take advantage of the 3 day grace period?

To take advantage of the 3 day grace period, you simply need to contact Pampered Chef's customer service team within 3 days of joining as a consultant and request a refund. They will guide you through the process and provide you with instructions on returning any products you may have received.

3. Is the 3 day grace period available for all levels of consultants?

Yes, the 3 day grace period is available for all levels of consultants, including new and existing consultants, as well as those who are rejoining Pampered Chef after a break.

4. Can I still receive a refund if I have already used some of the products?

Yes, you can still receive a refund even if you have used some of the products. However, any products that have been used must be returned in their original condition.

5. Are there any exceptions to the 3 day grace period?

The only exception to the 3 day grace period is for those who have attended a Pampered Chef event, such as a party or show, and decide to join as a consultant at that event. In this case, the grace period is reduced to 24 hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • pckelly