• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ups and Downs at the Daycare: My Exciting News for My Personal Care Business!

In summary, "Bad News/Good News" is a popular Pampered Chef recipe for a savory and sweet appetizer or snack. It combines bacon, spinach, and cream cheese with apricot preserves and Dijon mustard. To make it, cook bacon, mix cream cheese and spinach, top with crumbled bacon, and bake with the apricot preserves and mustard. It can be made ahead of time and can be adjusted to fit dietary preferences. This recipe makes 8 servings and can be easily scaled for larger or smaller groups.
pamperedmom2owen
Okay, so I've been working p/t at a daycare care to help make ends meet while I've been trying to kick PC into overdrive. I found out Friday, though, that the daycare is closing. :( I've got a very full schedule for October and November and am working on filling December. So I'm thinking about not trying to pick up another job. But here's the exciting part... One on the ladies I work with is probably going to do PC! She wants to do it full time! Woo Hoo. We get along really well, too, so I'm excited that I will still have lots of reasons to see her and talk to her! Plus I'm signing another lady at the end of the month after her show. And I've got another girl who is very interested in the oppurtunity, but is moving to Virginia in 3 weeks! :eek: She's coming to our meeting next week though. Plus I've got another host this month who is interested in the oppurtunity! Wow! Talk about hitting the jackpot! :p

That's cool! If I was you I would hold off on finding another job right away to see if you PC takes off. If not, maybe you could watch a couple of the kids in your own home? That is what I do and it helps that I can stay near the phone and my computer all day.

I think you are more than well on your way to becoming a director!! In my director's newsletter, she posted her commission versus what she would earn as a consultant and it has inspried me to build my team. I just signed my first recruit!

1. What is "Bad News/Good News"?

"Bad News/Good News" is a Pampered Chef recipe that combines a savory mixture of bacon, spinach, and cream cheese with a sweet and tangy topping of apricot preserves and Dijon mustard. It is typically served as an appetizer or snack and is a crowd-pleasing favorite at parties and gatherings.

2. How do I make "Bad News/Good News"?

To make "Bad News/Good News", you will need a 9-inch square baking dish, 8 slices of bacon, 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh spinach, 1/4 cup of apricot preserves, and 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard. First, cook the bacon until crisp and then crumble it. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese and chopped spinach. Spread the mixture into the baking dish and top with the crumbled bacon. In a small bowl, mix together the apricot preserves and Dijon mustard, then spread over the cream cheese mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, or until heated through. Serve with crackers or bread for dipping.

3. Can I make "Bad News/Good News" ahead of time?

Yes, "Bad News/Good News" can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You can also freeze the assembled dish before baking and then thaw and bake when ready to serve. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil before freezing.

4. Can I substitute any ingredients in "Bad News/Good News"?

Yes, you can substitute some of the ingredients in "Bad News/Good News" to suit your taste preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use turkey bacon or vegetarian bacon instead of regular bacon, or use a dairy-free cream cheese alternative. You can also experiment with different types of preserves or mustard to change up the flavor profile.

5. How many servings does "Bad News/Good News" make?

This recipe makes approximately 8 servings, but it can easily be doubled or tripled for larger crowds. You can also cut the recipe in half for a smaller serving size. It can also be served as a side dish or main dish for a smaller group.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmom2owen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • raebates
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Malinda Klein