• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Director Academy May -Anyone Else?

In summary, Heather is going to site see in Chicago for the first time and is looking for tips on things to do.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Hey all. I'm so excited..and looking forward to this.

If anyone is going, please let me know!

I am going up a day early and spending all day THURSDAY site seeing in Chicago.

Never been..and couldn't stand being so close, and not taking advantage of this great opportunity..

I fly into Midway...unsure if i will stay in the city..on thur. night and then head on over to the hotel in Addison...OR if I should site see Thur..and just get an extra night over in Addison at the same hotel i'll be at for the NDA..

Anyhoo----

If anyone here lives in Chicago and wants to PM me some MUST SEES or tips based on your knowledge of the city, i would welcome the tips.

Just to let you know we took a shuttle bus from National Conference to HO and it was a long ride. I don't remember exactly how long but the two places aren't close together at all. That may help your decision on where to stay your first night.

That was my goal, but I don't think my 5th will be qualified by May 1st.
:(
So...looks like I'll be going in Sept. or Oct.

I would stay in a hotel downtown if you really want to get the full "city sightseeing" experience.

Thanks Everyone! Now to do some searches on Chicago. HOW FUN!

Heather, there are a few of us Chicagoans here. What are you interested in? Art? Architecture? Food? Landmarks? We can give you tips.

Ok Deb, let me stop for a minute and tell you I'm looking at Consultant News..next to me and having a moment..going --OH MY GOSH! THIS IS HER..on the cover..The one i met on the elevator at Leadership..you are FAMOUS?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Regarding my interests ---I like food :> so i want to be sure and check out some great food while I'm there --even if hole in the wall kind of places not everyone may know about..not looking for fine dining by any means..But just good food.

Landmarks I'd say are nice....less of a person into art..
I'll be 7 months pregnant too might I add, so I'm sure I'll need breaks throughout my adventurous day of walking..lol

I do enjoy architecture as well.

Yep, that's me.For restaurants, check out chowhound.com and read the Chicago board. Do you want "chicago food" or do you like ethnic stuff or ???? I love stuffed pizza and chicago hot dogs myself...There is a great architecture boat tour on the river. I'm sure you are adept enough to Google it. :)You can check out the Art Institute on south Michigan. Millenium Park is really cool. Susan had a post a couple days ago about free stuff to do. I copied it to a Word doc, so I'll attach it here.

Attachments

• FREE CHICAGO.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 308

What is the New Director Academy May event?

The New Director Academy May event is an annual training program for new directors at Pampered Chef. It provides them with the knowledge, skills, and resources they need to succeed in their new role.

When and where is the New Director Academy May event held?

The New Director Academy May event is typically held in the month of May, as the name suggests. The location varies each year, but it is usually held at a hotel or conference center in a major city.

Who is eligible to attend the New Director Academy May event?

The New Director Academy May event is only open to new directors at Pampered Chef. To qualify as a new director, you must have achieved the title of director within the past year.

What can I expect to learn at the New Director Academy May event?

The New Director Academy May event covers a wide range of topics related to leadership, team building, sales, and marketing. You will also have the opportunity to network with other new directors and learn from their experiences.

Is there a cost to attend the New Director Academy May event?

Yes, there is a registration fee to attend the New Director Academy May event. This fee covers the cost of the training materials, meals, and accommodations during the event. However, many directors find that the knowledge and skills gained at the event far outweigh the cost.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • ragschef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies