• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Some Advise on Recruiting a Good Friend

In summary, the friend is considering becoming a personal coach and is worried about how it will effect her relationship with her current sponsor. She has had successful shows in the past but is having trouble finding new clients. She is worried about branching out and conflicts with her current sponsors.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
I have a verry good friend who would be great at PC and she has considdered it. She currently sells for Lia Sophia and has struggled. She has dome other Home based buis before (stampin up) and loved it for the "teaching" aspect.

She had a great show for me once again on thursday nite. Other friends of hers said she would be great at PC.

So I mentioned it quickly in an email this morning and she replied that she has been thinking more about it but is worried that since we know alot of the same people we may "step on each others toes" I also worry about this a bit. I have not had the most steady buisness lately and am finally getting some ladies to book that I have been working on for over a year! Yes some of these are mutual friends.

I need ideas please from those of you who have been recruiting successfully.

Thank you!

Can't help with the problem of working the same crowd but I recruited a good friend and had a different problem. She is from my hometown in another state. Before she signed she questioned how it would effect our relationship, if she decided it wasn't for her could she quit without my getting upset. I assured her that our friendship and our PC relationship were not based on the other. (That should have been my big, red flag...she was talking about quitting BEFORE she started!!)Well, she signed, did NO shows, and then got mad at me! She said that the only time I talked to her was about PC stuff. (I was sending weekly emails to my team). She had had three HUGE shows for me in the past, had a TON of friends, and still "couldn't find anyone to do a show". I really don't think she tried very hard and then instead of accepting that she turned it around to be my fault. I eventually had to bless and release her.If you recruit a friend or family member make sure that you discuss that there will be times you need to talk business.I would suggest that when you are host coaching your currently scheduled shows, you encourage them to fill the room with people you don't know and encourage the "bring a friend, get a gift" idea. It will help you get outside of your mutual friends.

Last edited:
She will branch out of your circle of friends. You do need to discuss with her maybe some of your regular customers, although if they do want to work with her, it's something you cannot stop. Talk it out with her.

Bumping.... any more advice?

1. How do I ask my friend to join my company?

It's best to approach the conversation with honesty and transparency. Explain why you think your friend would be a good fit for the company and why you value their skills and qualities. Be sure to also discuss any potential challenges or conflicts that may arise from working together.

2. What if my friend isn't interested in the position?

It's important to respect your friend's decision and not pressure them into joining the company. If they are not interested, it's best to maintain your friendship and continue to support each other in your respective career paths.

3. How can I ensure that our friendship won't be affected by working together?

It's important to establish clear boundaries and expectations from the beginning. Communicate openly and honestly with each other and be willing to address any conflicts or issues that may arise. Remember to also maintain a professional demeanor in the workplace.

4. Are there any legal implications to hiring a friend?

It's always a good idea to consult with a lawyer or HR professional to ensure that the hiring process is fair and in compliance with company policies and labor laws. This can help avoid any potential legal issues down the line.

5. How can I make sure that my friend is the best fit for the job?

Take the time to thoroughly evaluate your friend's qualifications, skills, and experience. Consider conducting a formal interview and checking their references. It's also important to carefully consider whether they have the necessary qualifications and experience for the specific role you are recruiting for.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jrstephens