• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Family Members: How to Overcome Resistance?

In summary, "Recruiting Family Members" is the practice of hiring relatives for positions within an organization. It is generally legal, but there are exceptions. Some benefits of recruiting family members include trust, loyalty, and potential for efficient teamwork. However, potential drawbacks include conflicts of interest and a lack of diversity. It is important to have a fair hiring process and disclose familial relationships when recruiting family members. Qualifications and skills should also be considered in addition to family relationships.
PCdreamer
Hello all,
I am fairly new to both TPC and CS. My question to anyone who can answer is: Have you recruited family members and what did you say to them to get them over the hump. It seems like family can come up with every concern in the world why this will not work for them. Sometimes I think that they don't believe what I am saying is real. Anyone one with experience in this area. Help Me Please!! :eek: TIA Heather

I havent come across this yet. You can't recruit someone in your same household. I think it would / could get very sticky recruiting a family member. Especially if it didnt work out for them for whatever reason....I dont know, I think it would be a strain of the relationship...IMO.

2 of my recruits are family members. No problems and both are doing well. Of course they told me no quite a bit, but once they saw that I was really having fun they wanted to be part of it too! It has to be on their time, just like any other recruit.

What is "Recruiting Family Members"?

"Recruiting Family Members" is a term that refers to the practice of hiring or enlisting relatives for employment or other positions within an organization or company.

Is recruiting family members legal?

Yes, recruiting family members is generally legal. However, there are some exceptions, such as when a company has a strict policy against nepotism or if the hiring process is not fair and unbiased.

What are the potential benefits of recruiting family members?

Recruiting family members can bring a sense of trust, loyalty, and familiarity to a company. Family members may also have a better understanding of each other's strengths and weaknesses, which can lead to more efficient teamwork.

What are the potential drawbacks of recruiting family members?

Some potential drawbacks of recruiting family members include potential conflicts of interest, nepotism, and a lack of diversity in the workplace. It can also create tension or resentment among other employees if they believe the family members are receiving preferential treatment.

Are there any best practices for recruiting family members?

Yes, it is important to have a clear and fair hiring process in place for all candidates, including family members. It is also important to disclose any familial relationships to avoid any conflicts of interest. Additionally, it is important to consider the qualifications and skills of the family member, rather than solely relying on their family relationship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MHPampered
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • finley1991
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies