• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Bad Experiences: Becoming a Consultant Again

In summary, it is suggested to include personal testimonials, information on training and support programs, special incentives for new consultants, and the flexibility and work-life balance of the job in the folder for the friend considering becoming a consultant again.
PamperedPrincess74
A girl that I know told me that she was a former consultant about 6 years ago and that she loved doing it. At first she said she gave it up when she became pregnant (and very sick) with her first child, but today she admitted that she quit because she had a VERY bad experience with her recruiter/director. She said that her director was very impatient with her and often gave her an earful when she didn't meet certain incentive goals, etc. She has expressed a small interest in maybe starting up again.

She is interested in having a show in November and asked me to provide her with details on the host/guest specials for Oct, Nov. and Dec. Anyway, since she has expressed a bit of interest in maybe being a consultant again (and I don't want to seem pushy since she's had such a bad experience already) I thought I would include some information on becoming a consultant. My question for you guys is: when I put together her folder for her possible show, what information besides the regular pamphlets should I include on becoming a consultant that could possibly peak her interest a little more?

PamperedPrincess74 said:
what information besides the regular pamphlets should I include on becoming a consultant that could possibly peak her interest a little more?
Put in the flyer that shows the super starter bonus program #DS42 on the supply order.

Hi there,First of all, I think it's great that you're trying to help your friend out and provide her with some information on becoming a consultant again. It's always nice to see someone supporting and encouraging others to pursue their interests and passions.In terms of what you could include in her folder, I would suggest adding some personal testimonials or success stories from other consultants in your company. This could help her see that not all experiences are negative and that there is potential for success and growth in this field.You could also include information on any training or support programs that your company offers for new consultants. This could help ease any concerns she may have about not being successful or not having enough knowledge or experience.Additionally, you could mention any special incentives or bonuses for new consultants, as this could be a great motivator for her to give it another try.Lastly, I would suggest emphasizing the flexibility and work-life balance that being a consultant can offer. This could be particularly appealing to her as a mother, and it could help her see that she can still pursue her career while also taking care of her family.Overall, just try to showcase the positive aspects of being a consultant and how it can be a fulfilling and rewarding experience. Good luck!

1. How can I overcome a bad experience as a consultant and get back into the industry?

The first step is to reflect on the experience and identify what went wrong. Was it a specific project, client, or company culture that caused the negative experience? Once you have identified the root cause, you can work on developing strategies to prevent it from happening again. Additionally, networking with other consultants and updating your skills and knowledge can help you regain confidence and credibility in the industry.

2. How do I address the bad experience in job interviews or with potential clients?

Be honest and transparent about your past experience. Acknowledge the challenges you faced and what you have learned from them. Emphasize how you have grown and how you are now equipped to handle similar situations in the future. Show that you are committed to continuously improving and providing high-quality consulting services.

3. Can I become a successful consultant again after a bad experience?

Absolutely. One bad experience does not define your entire career. Use the lessons learned to become a better consultant. Focus on your strengths and build a strong network of clients and colleagues who can vouch for your skills and expertise. With determination and hard work, you can overcome the past and achieve success as a consultant again.

4. How can I prevent a bad experience from happening again in my consulting career?

There is no guarantee that you will never encounter a challenging situation again, but there are steps you can take to minimize the risks. Conduct thorough research before accepting a new project or client. Set clear expectations and boundaries with your clients. Develop strong communication skills and continuously assess and address any potential issues that may arise during a project.

5. Should I seek professional help to overcome a bad experience as a consultant?

If you are struggling to move on from a bad experience, seeking professional help can be beneficial. A therapist or career coach can provide you with valuable insights and strategies to overcome any negative emotions or setbacks. They can also help you develop a plan to rebuild your career and achieve success as a consultant again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• augmommychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
augmommychef
  • beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • avelissar