• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing a Prospective Customer Without Internet Access: Tips and Strategies

In summary, this woman is very interested in starting a business, but is very unfamiliar with the products or the process of starting a business. She is very eager, but would need some help getting started. She would be a good candidate for PC, but would need a computer and a way to send in shows.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
;) You have someone very interested in the business, has only seen a catalog, never seen the products and has not internet??
She is very eager, but I couldn't imagine doing this without the convenience of P3 or you all or email:eek: :eek:
How would you all handle her?
Not seeing the products I thought was wierd, but I can handle;)

I just thought I would say it is possible, I was not too familiar with PC when I started. Just the icecream scoop, cookie scoop, and garlic press. I had never heard of stoneware or anything else. I was only 22 when I started too. I didn't have a computer for the first year + of my business. I didn't submit by mail though, I would go over to my inlaws after I put the kids to bed at about 10:30pm and submit shows. It was a lot of work, but it did allow us to buy a computer.

I started without owning any PC, never been to a PC show, never seen a catty. I had friends tell me I should do it so I went online & filled in the info. My director contacted me, answered some questions & I signed. You don't need a computer to do PC (it is easier). She would have to mail everything in but could send in a couple of shows at time via priority mail.

Wow, why can't they all be like that! LOL
I was not too familiar with the products either. I loved to cook so I thought, what the heck!!!:D
SIGN HER ON!!

Sure, having a computer makes it WAY more easier; but the first couple years for my biz I didn't have one & did okay. If she wants to do it, let her;)

Same with me...only product I had was a med round stone and that was given to me as a gift. Had never been to a show but loved the stone and really needed to replace some items in my kitchen. Watched the "How to Host your First Show" DVD a few times and my career as a PC Consultant began (that was 2 years ago). As far as the computer, it can be done; only slower.

I wonder how many of us signed up "cold"? I also had never seen any PC product, never been to a show, never seen a catalogue when I got in my head I wanted to do this (I was reading about Warren Buffet). I called someone I thought was a consultant - she wasn't so she passed me on to a friend of hers who was. That person was getting out so she passed me on to her director. I was only looking for some basic info! But then I signed. I must say though it made for a rocky start. "Remember the excitement that motivated you to join". Not so much... It is easier now that I have my kit and use it lots. "Here are the prep bowls I LOVE the prep bowls!" (Sold a bunch of those on Sunday.) I have a computer - but it is an older mac. Ran into difficulties there too. I use DH's new mac for shows. he is trying to convince me he needs a new computer and I can take his :) ZK

I had never been to a show or hosted a show when I became a consultant! I was in the process of planning my first show - for a good friend who had become a consultant, and begged me to help her get started. (if it had been anyone else, I would have said NO!). I read everything - so I was reading all of the info in my host packet, and there was a deal where if you signed, and qualified, you could get SA for free (it was brand new at that time). I wanted the SA, so instead of having a show - I just signed up. Fully intending to do 6 shows and quit....and here I am over 5 years later!:D

I had never hosted a show, never SAW a catalog, never TOUCHED any products, NOTHING.

I saw a merrill sticker on my neighbors car once. Vaguely I remember being invited to a show, but didn't go (we were new to the area and just busy). I applied online and got my wonderful director (not my neighbor..hee hee).

It is possible!! GO FOR IT! I was invited to a cluster meeting, but I already knew before the meeting I was going to sign!! IT was so FUN!

I'd never been to a show or anything either! I also didn't have a computer when I started let alone the internet. I used my inlaws computer untill I made enough money to get one. Don't sell yourself short (or her for that matter) because of a few obsticles. If she is motivated and eager go for it! It mat take some extra help from you but could be really worth it in the end!

I signed after attending my 1st show... only went because it was my SIL. I did have a few products because of catty shows at work... but all lower priced items - under $20 each (and I thought stoneware was gross... no washing!! I use it all the time now!:) ) I just wanted the products, gonna do 4 shows and quit... that was 9 months ago and I'm still here. I do have a computer and can't imagine doing it without but as others have said, it's possible.

It's intersting how many of us signed without a lot of knowledge of the company or prods and are doing so well! Great testament to the training that is offered!

I thought I was the only one that had never used PC! I heard my recruiter talking about needing to run an errand for PC and I started asking her questions. She advised me to attend a cluster meeting. I signed that night two years ago.

krzymomof4 said:
;) You have someone very interested in the business, has only seen a catalog, never seen the products and has not internet??
She is very eager, but I couldn't imagine doing this without the convenience of P3 or you all or email:eek: :eek:
How would you all handle her?
Not seeing the products I thought was wierd, but I can handle;)

I am almost in the same situation. I have an interested contact that filled out a card at the Home and Garden Show. I phoned him today and realized that I didn't know what to say. I had talked to and signed my other three in person.

My co-worker just told me yesterday that her 20 year old daughter was looking at the new catalog I had given her and wanted to sign up to be a consultant. She's never been to a show to my knowledge and has seen only what her mom owns. Cool huh? I will be talking with her this week and hopefully signing her up.
I love the products, but I think the parties are what signed me up.

What Do You Do When the Product Breaks?

If your product breaks within the warranty period, you can contact our customer service team for a replacement or repair. If the product is no longer under warranty, you can purchase replacement parts or consider upgrading to a newer model.

What Do You Do When You Need Recipes?

We have a wide range of recipes available on our website, as well as in our cookbooks and catalogs. You can also attend one of our cooking classes or virtual events to learn new recipes and techniques.

What Do You Do When You Want to Host a Party?

You can host a Pampered Chef party either in person or virtually. Our consultants will guide you through the process and help you earn free products and discounts based on your party sales.

What Do You Do When You Have Questions About a Product?

You can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or contact our customer service team for any questions or concerns about our products. We also have a comprehensive FAQ section on our website that may be helpful.

What Do You Do When You Want to Become a Consultant?

If you are interested in joining our team as a consultant, you can reach out to your current consultant or visit our website to learn more about the process. We also offer training and support to help you succeed in your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chef_kimmo
  • ChefCKHall