• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting: Tips for 4 Unique Leads

In summary, the author has a few leads on potential recruits and is unsure of how to approach them. She recommends spending time with each lead to gauge interest before pressuring them into anything.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
I know I can ask my recruiter/director about this, and I will, but I also really like the ideas from this group. So here goes. I need help recruiting. I have a couple of leads...how should I approach this. I am hesitant to approach this until I feel super confident. Here are my leads, any ideas suggestions would be great. #1- My old College Roomie. We haven't seen each other in years. She lives almost 2 hours away. She has a very small apartment, and a 2 year old daughter. She is staying home right now. She is anxious to move out of her small apartment. She got sick prior to having her daughter, and has many bills cause of medical issues. Her hubby is a UPS driver#2- High School friend. She sells Southern Living and when I told her that I became a PC consultant she mentioned, jokingly, that she should do PC cause the thing she does not like about SL is that the things are too heavy/bulky for her to carry. She did not attend a show today she was invited to, ordered online, and mentioned that she would like info to host a show online. She is getting married this summer. So I am sure money and time is tight. #3- A very good friend who worked in the advertising business with me. Probably my most unlikely recruit. I wanted to talk to her about doing it on the side now, because we have had so many talks about wanting to do something other than advertising for our careers and how un-family oriented the business is. She just found out she is 6 weeks pregnant. I want to be sensitive to the fact that she has a lot on her plate, but to convince her to get started now, that way she has a business built for once she has the baby in case she wants/needs to leave her full time job. #4- My Uncle's Wife's Daughter (did you follow that?). She is hmm, a bit odd, but she has a unique personality that I think could make her successful and she has sold Party Lite in the past, and I know they say a good lead is one who has joined a Direct Marketing group in the past. I met her for the first time at my Grand Opening. She traveled from 1+ hours away in a snow storm to come! She was not an original invite, she came as a guest of her Moms. Her Mom is having a show in March, which she talked her Mom into, and she is having a show in Aug or Sep.What would be your tips to recruit each one??? Thanks!

Last edited:
"I recently started my own business with The Pampered Chef and thought about you. I really think that you would be great at this. Would you like more information?"

This works for just about anyone - people you see every day and people you haven't seen in years. I would say it in context of a conversation. Catch up a little bit, let them reply to your comment about PC - have they heard about it?, etc.

It's great that you have so many solid leads! And don't forget about other people you know - don't prejudge! You don't know what's happening in anyone's life and just because you might not see them doing it doesn't mean they wouldn't be interested.

Melissa, have you done any of the online instructionals? There's at least one that really addresses how to talk to a variety of folks about the opportunity. You might want to spend some time with them, if you haven't already. They help give you different angles to try and have folks consider. I had an PC party at a dorm room at a local University last night and just talking to them (they were all students) about how flexible PC was that it wouldn't interfere with their lives so long as they didn't let it and really could help them earn needed money and party at the same time. I got three "maybes" (out of 8 guests)... knowing how to approach each kind of person out there is a great help and trying it out can be daunting but I had those online courses in my head to help and I think it did.

Thanks!Linda, do you know what they are called? I will go there and look, I did take one online class for recruiting, but not one geared to a variety of folks. And way to go on your 3 leads!

Um, just ask them! Look at your Prospecting Word Choices (printable materials CD) and take the online training courses. Lots of words to say there.Just be honest, tell them why you thought of them (VERY briefly), and then JUST ASK!

What is recruiting?

Recruiting is the process of finding and attracting potential candidates for a job or position within a company or organization.

What are the 4 unique leads that require different recruiting strategies?

The 4 unique leads are passive candidates, diverse candidates, tech candidates, and executive candidates. Each of these leads require a different approach and strategy in order to recruit them successfully.

How can I attract passive candidates?

To attract passive candidates, it is important to focus on creating a strong employer brand and showcasing the benefits and opportunities of working for your company. Utilizing social media and networking events can also help reach passive candidates who may not actively be searching for a job.

What is the importance of diversity in recruiting?

Diversity in recruiting is crucial for creating a well-rounded and inclusive workforce. It brings in different perspectives, experiences, and skills that can benefit the company and foster a positive work culture.

How can I effectively recruit tech and executive candidates?

To effectively recruit tech and executive candidates, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the job requirements and the specific skills and qualifications needed. Utilizing specialized job boards, networking events, and targeted outreach can also help attract these types of candidates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • ChefJen2012