• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cindy's Surprising Turn - Why I'm Peeved

In summary, the speaker was upset and hurt when they found out that a past host and potential recruit, who used to sell Creative Memories and was planning to sign up with Pampered Chef, has now started selling Close To My Heart. The speaker had been in touch with the person regularly since they decided to put off signing with PC, and CTMH was never mentioned. It was also mentioned that the person had gone inactive with CM due to difficulty in getting bookings and sales. The speaker is unsure whether to be more upset or hurt by this news. Other participants in the conversation tried to reassure the speaker and suggested maintaining occasional contact and showing the benefits of PC in hopes that the person will eventually come around. It was also speculated that the person may be
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So, I am talking to a past host this morning, who called to place an outside order for another show - and she happens to mention that she is going to go to a crop this evening at Cindy's house, because Cindy just started selling Close To My Heart.

WHAT?????

Cindy was supposed to sign as a PC consultant the beginning of January, but because of an emergency, decided to put it off for a little while. I have been in touch with her on a regular basis since that time - and never once has CTMH been mentioned. PLUS - she used to sell CM, but went inactive, because she said it was so hard to get bookings or sell enough to stay active.

And she thinks CTMH is going to be different?

I'm not sure whether to be more upset, or more hurt. I'm working on not taking it personally - but I am pretty peeved right now.

Sorry to hear Becky! That happens many times!I have a potential recruit that used to sell CM and was going to sign with PC then didn't. She is still "out in the wings" there and I still make contact every few months but nothing yet.Don't take it personally, it isn't you, it's her. Just keep up the occasional contact. Keep showing her subtly why PC is so great, and I bet she'll eventually come around when the time is right!

That bites, maybe after another failed business she'll realize PC is the way to go! Keep in touch with per and don't take it too personally. Some people just don't know what they are missing.

By the way what is the new business? Is it scrapbooking?

wadesgirl said:
That bites, maybe after another failed business she'll realize PC is the way to go! Keep in touch with per and don't take it too personally. Some people just don't know what they are missing.

By the way what is the new business? Is it scrapbooking?

Yeah, it's scrapbooking/stamping.

Yeah, that definitely stinks. But like others said, you can't take it personally. It sounds like she's not really sure what she wants to be doing - CM, PC, now CTMH... I would keep in touch and maybe even send her the recruiting incentives periodically and when she realizes that CTMH is going to be just as difficult to sell as CM she may realize that she made a mistake.

Good luck!

...or she may end up doing both!!!! ;)

Ouch, sorry that happened to you. I too take things personally...but I am trying to tell myself to Bless and Release!

Hope you carry on!!

janetupnorth said:
...or she may end up doing both!!!! ;)
yeah, don't give up yet! She might be planning on doing both. It sounds like scrapbooking is something she really enjoys, so maybe she is doing it just for a discount? I have a friend who does it and she just meets regularly with a few other girlfriends and they get all their supplies from her and she does enough just to stay active.

Well, I personally LOVE CM and don't use CTMH at all. So, I think she'll find that if she couldn't get bookings with CM she will have an even harder time with CTMH. So keep in touch and keep mentioning the PC business and telling her all of the great things you are getting for free and she will eventually come around!!!! Scrapbooking is a luxury, cooking is something we all have to do unless we want to eat out 24/7, so more people are willing to spend $ on PC than scrapbooking, she will realize this if she is serious about having a business.

sfdavis918 said:
yeah, don't give up yet! She might be planning on doing both. It sounds like scrapbooking is something she really enjoys, so maybe she is doing it just for a discount? I have a friend who does it and she just meets regularly with a few other girlfriends and they get all their supplies from her and she does enough just to stay active.

Yes, after talking with my director, and thinking about it a little more ~ I think this very well may be what she is doing.

Actually, I am very glad that PC isn't set up so that people sign up left and right only for the discount. I think it makes our structure more legit as a business.

ChefBeckyD\ said:
Yes, after talking with my director, and thinking about it a little more ~ I think this very well may be what she is doing.

Actually, I am very glad that PC isn't set up so that people sign up left and right only for the discount. I think it makes our structure more legit as a business.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I have quite a few friends who do CM just for the dicount.

I do understand how you feel. I've lost a few potentials to another DS company (one I met for dinner and the next morning she signed w/ a different company - she had never mentioned she was thinking of anything else). None of them has come back to PC, but by the same token, none has done anything with her business either.

Just keep in contact with her, be friendly (I know you will be) and hopefully she'll see that PC fits her needs better.

Who's next?

chefshawna said:
Well, I personally LOVE CM and don't use CTMH at all. So, I think she'll find that if she couldn't get bookings with CM she will have an even harder time with CTMH. So keep in touch and keep mentioning the PC business and telling her all of the great things you are getting for free and she will eventually come around!!!! Scrapbooking is a luxury, cooking is something we all have to do unless we want to eat out 24/7, so more people are willing to spend $ on PC than scrapbooking, she will realize this if she is serious about having a business.
Very good point, something to keep in mind when you talk to her again! I don't scrap book. Would like to but I don't have the time or the money. I was supposed to put together a scrapbook from my wedding but almost two years later it's still a pile of stuff. But everyone cooks and even if they don't cook alot there are still alot of great tools that everyone needs (can opener, measuring cups, etc).

Sorry that happened to you, Becky. If she didn't sign with PC, then it wasn't meant to be - at least at this time. Stay in touch with her, and eventually she'll see the light. ;)

Don't take it personally... she seems to want to have a business but probably feels more comfortable with the scrapbooking thing since she has already done that. Maybe she is just afraid to make the leap to cooking products and is doing this because it is familiar and she enjoys it. I would keep in touch and focus on the training that is offered from PC. I signed after attending my first show and not owning many products - the training provided is incredible.

That's a bummer! Like the others said, keep in touch & maybe she'll still end up signing with ya!

When I first saw this thread title I thought hmmmm.....small vent? If Becky is complaining it MUST be bad!

Does she know that you know about CTMH? If not, call her today and tell her that the New Consultant Knife bonus ends tonight and you wanted to check with her one last time. If she says nothing to you about CTMH then don't tell her that you know. It could be that she decided PC really isn't for her and she's afraid to tell you.

1. What is "Cindy's Surprising Turn - Why I'm Peeved" about?

"Cindy's Surprising Turn - Why I'm Peeved" is a blog post written by one of our consultants, Cindy, discussing her frustration with a recent policy change within the company.

2. Why is Cindy peeved?

Cindy is peeved because the policy change directly affects her business and income, and she feels that it was implemented without proper consideration for the consultants.

3. What was the policy change?

The policy change was a reduction in commission rates for consultants, making it more difficult for them to earn a livable income.

4. Is the policy change affecting all consultants?

Yes, the policy change affects all consultants, regardless of their level or performance within the company.

5. What is Pampered Chef doing to address this issue?

Pampered Chef is aware of the concerns raised by Cindy and other consultants and is currently reviewing the policy change to find a solution that is fair for both the company and the consultants. We value our consultants and their feedback, and we are committed to finding a resolution that works for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • finley1991