• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Ways to Ask for FREE Products and Promote the Opportunity at Checkout

In summary, In order to ask someone about becoming a consultant at a show, you should hand out recruitment packets and ask if they have any questions about the materials.
heat123
Silver Member
I got into a good swing at asking if they'd like to earn FREE products at my last few shows but am stumbling on how to ask about the Oppt at check out?

What words do you use? Or how do you simply ask? Just wondering?

I had fantastic luck this weekend with:
If I gave you some information about being a consultant would you take a look at it, or at least pass it to someone you know who may be interested? I handed out 3 recruiting packets (YLYW brochure and the DVD). There were only 6 guests at the show, so that's 50%!

Did anything I say pique your interest about our business?Where you one of the people who were interested in more information about our business?Cathy, you were so much fun tonight--have you ever thought of doing something like this?

Ann:

Great, so the key to your plan is then follow up when they take it right! That would be the next hardest thing for me, I am Horrible at follow up on warm leads! :(

Thanks Deb!

Heather, you're going to have to follow up no matter what you ask them. Unless they're really on the ball and excited, they're not going to call you themselves. (Which reminds me - gotta make those calls.) You need to call and ask if they have any questions about the materials.You can do it. We believe in you.

That's true, thanks Ann! If only I could believe! ;)

Thanks for starting this thread Heather; I think you & I are on the same wave-lengths on many things!
Deb, I like your wordings!

lacychef said:
Thanks for starting this thread Heather; I think you & I are on the same wave-lengths on many things!
Deb, I like your wordings!
How many do you have now Lacy?
I'd like to keep my 2 active to maintain FD, so that means I need to recruit a few more this year ~huh:rolleyes:
I don't think I'd accept Directorship unless I had 10 signed (so I wouldn't stress about all 5 being active at once). So it will be awhile if and when I ever reach that level!:p

I have 2 recruited; 1 is inactive before qualifying:)cry: ), the other will go inactive if nothing is turned in this month. I've got 1 signing this week (fingers crossed!). Working w/some others...

heat123 said:
How many do you have now Lacy?
I'd like to keep my 2 active to maintain FD, so that means I need to recruit a few more this year ~huh:rolleyes:
I don't think I'd accept Directorship unless I had 10 signed (so I wouldn't stress about all 5 being active at once). So it will be awhile if and when I ever reach that level!:p
You can do it, Heather!!! And my advice would be to NOT wait until you have 10. It's much easier to maintain directorship than to promote to director. The secret is to keep recruiting after those 5.

A couple other phrases I've used:
--to a host during host coaching while explaining the benefits "This may be the furthest thing from your mind, but have you ever thought about doing something like what I do?" plants the seed & lets them know they can use kit credit
--to a guest or host who says they have a ton of products, I say "Wow, sounds like you have as many products as I do! Have you ever thought of becoming a consultant? You'd have the chance to get LOTS of free products!" (You can do this during check out if you don't want to do it during the demo or whatever)
-- to a host who has a GREAT show "You know, you are doing such a great job with your show - you're such a great host! Great hosts make great consultants...have you ever thought about doing something like this?
--if a host gets lots of bookings from her show and even if she's already said she's not really interested..."Wow look at all your friends who seem to love Pampered Chef! If you became a consulant, I'd give you all these bookings and you'd have a great start to your business. Why don't you give it some thought?" Maybe give her a DVD to watch and ask her if she'd do you a favor and take a look at it - you'd like to get her feedback on the DVD to see what she thinks.

Anyway, those are just some typical situations that come up that you can have some easy words to say that sound good.

Also I've listened to 2 of Jillian Eisenbergs workshops from conference (one from Leadership '07 and one from Conference '07) - love 'em!! She has such great comebacks and ways to go about bringing up recruiting that sound very natural. I listen to them in the car on the way to shows!:D

pamperedbecky said:
You can do it, Heather!!! And my advice would be to NOT wait until you have 10. It's much easier to maintain directorship than to promote to director. The secret is to keep recruiting after those 5.

A couple other phrases I've used:
--to a host during host coaching while explaining the benefits "This may be the furthest thing from your mind, but have you ever thought about doing something like what I do?" plants the seed & lets them know they can use kit credit
--to a guest or host who says they have a ton of products, I say "Wow, sounds like you have as many products as I do! Have you ever thought of becoming a consultant? You'd have the chance to get LOTS of free products!" (You can do this during check out if you don't want to do it during the demo or whatever)
-- to a host who has a GREAT show "You know, you are doing such a great job with your show - you're such a great host! Great hosts make great consultants...have you ever thought about doing something like this?
--if a host gets lots of bookings from her show and even if she's already said she's not really interested..."Wow look at all your friends who seem to love Pampered Chef! If you became a consulant, I'd give you all these bookings and you'd have a great start to your business. Why don't you give it some thought?" Maybe give her a DVD to watch and ask her if she'd do you a favor and take a look at it - you'd like to get her feedback on the DVD to see what she thinks.

Anyway, those are just some typical situations that come up that you can have some easy words to say that sound good.

Also I've listened to 2 of Jillian Eisenbergs workshops from conference (one from Leadership '07 and one from Conference '07) - love 'em!! She has such great comebacks and ways to go about bringing up recruiting that sound very natural. I listen to them in the car on the way to shows!:D
Thanks Becky, but more specifically what do you say at check out with all of your guests?

heat123 said:
Thanks Becky, but more specifically what do you say at check out with all of your guests?
I've just recently started that 3 or 4 pile check out system, otherwise known as "Full Service Checkout." It makes it standard for everybody, so you're not prejudging if someone would or wouldn't want more information about the consultant oppty. MANY top level recruiters seem to use this. They highlight it in some online courses.

Have you taken the "Your Cooking Show" or "Recruiting: From Invitation to Interview" online courses? I highly recommend them. Even if some of the info is stuff you already know, it does give you words to use and walks you through the full service checkout idea. Just like asking everyone if they'd like to book a show gets easier and easier the more you do it during the check out, this will get easier too. I took the recruiting online course not too long ago and I liked it. I downloaded a little cheat sheet about things to do/say when informing and inviting. Let's see if I can attach anything.

Attachments

• online training recruiting_Informing_jobaid.pdf
    170.6 KB · Views: 329
Just found another downloadable thing from that course....it talks about full service check out too.:)

By the way, the 3 or 4 pile system coincides with this...you'd have piles for the various steps:
~~recruiting packet
~~host packet
~~a recipe card just so you end on a positive note if someone's not interested in anything
some do a 4th pile....wedding registry info

Attachments

• online training course summary From_Invitation_To_Interview_jobaid.pdf
    449.7 KB · Views: 313

1. How can I ask for free products and promote the opportunity at checkout?

At checkout, you can simply ask your customers if they would be interested in hosting a Pampered Chef party or becoming a consultant. You can also offer them the opportunity to earn free products by hosting a party or joining as a consultant.

2. Is it effective to ask for free products and promote the opportunity at checkout?

Yes, it can be very effective as it allows you to reach a captive audience who are already interested in our products and may be open to hosting a party or becoming a consultant. Plus, customers are more likely to make a purchase when they have the chance to earn free products.

3. How do I promote the opportunity without being pushy?

You can promote the opportunity by simply mentioning it as an option and letting the customer make the decision. You can also offer to provide more information or answer any questions they may have about hosting a party or becoming a consultant.

4. Can I offer discounts or incentives to encourage customers to host a party or join as a consultant?

Yes, you can offer discounts or incentives such as free products, extra host rewards, or special deals to encourage customers to host a party or join as a consultant. Just make sure to check with your team leader or consultant agreement for any guidelines or restrictions.

5. Do I need to have a certain level of sales or experience to ask for free products and promote the opportunity at checkout?

No, you do not need a certain level of sales or experience to ask for free products and promote the opportunity at checkout. It is open to all consultants and can be a great way to grow your business and reach new customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jolie_Paradoxe