• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Recruit - Does Not Drive!

? If so, she may not have to worry about transportation.She only plans on doing catalog shows? If so, she may not have to worry about transportation.
SusanBP0129
Help!! I have a potential recruit who is ready to sign.
One problem....
She does not drive!!
Ahhhhh!!
Has anyone dealt with this?
No clue how to advise her...........

Does she live in a big city where there is public transportation? I see you're in NY - if she's in Manhattan, then it's probably not a problem unless she has to go out of the city for a show, and even then, the host could pick her up from the train station. Where there's a will, there's a way. If she's ready to sign, sign her up and let her figure out the transportation! :) Good luck!

I have a recruit that does not drive. Her husband brings her to the shows.

I don't drive, my husband does though :)

Thank you Cathy & Brenda.
I do not think she has a husband...but haven't figured that out for sure yet.
She lives in my town. It's a suburb about 40 minutes outside of Manhattan.
I, personally cannot imagine not having a car....but you are right. Where there is a will there is a way!!! Thank you for the positive comment!!! :D

Have you talked to her about this? Apparently if she wants to sign she knows how to get around. Maybe she has a friend or neighbor who will drive her around.

Another option would be she could have it at her house, where she's familiar and have the host and guest go there.

wadesgirl said:
Have you talked to her about this? Apparently if she wants to sign she knows how to get around. Maybe she has a friend or neighbor who will drive her around.

I will be speaking to her today. She didn't mention it until she was getting out of my car last night (she came to cluster mtg w/ me).
Hope it will work for her. I think she could really beneft from this business.

vwpamperedchef said:
Another option would be she could have it at her house, where she's familiar and have the host and guest go there.

She has a tiny apartment. She wants to have her kick off show at her Dad's house.

I know there are consultants in my area who don't drive. one has a firend who takes her to shows. In return, she "gifts" her with $$ or product.
Another uses cabs / public transportation to get to shows.If she is doing $500 shows, she'll still come out ahead even after paying for cab. When I started I needed a sitter for 95% of my shows. It was still well worth it to pay a sitter $20 per show.

If she wants to sign it must not be an obstacle for her, I have had a no driver , a recruit with only 1 hand and my director has had a blind recruit. They don't see these things as obstacles only as what life deals.
once I moved to Texas I didn't drive for the first 5 years until my second son was born. I either rode with friends, went with DH adetr he got hoem form work or stayed home.
Maybe she only plans on doing catalog shows

1. How will not having a driver's license affect my potential recruit's eligibility for the job?

Not having a driver's license may limit your potential recruit's eligibility for certain roles that require driving, such as delivery or transportation jobs. However, there may be other positions within the company that do not require a driver's license.

2. Can my potential recruit still apply for a job that requires driving if they do not have a driver's license?

No, unfortunately they would not be able to apply for a job that specifically requires a driver's license. However, they can still apply for other positions within the company that do not require driving.

3. Will not having a driver's license affect my potential recruit's chances of being hired?

It depends on the specific requirements of the job. If the role does not involve driving, then not having a driver's license should not affect their chances. However, if driving is a crucial aspect of the job, then not having a driver's license may impact their chances of being hired.

4. Can my potential recruit still get to work if they do not have a driver's license?

Yes, they can still get to work through alternative means of transportation such as public transportation, carpooling, or biking. Employers may also offer transportation benefits for employees without driver's licenses.

5. Can not having a driver's license be a barrier for career advancement within the company?

It depends on the career path and job requirements. If the role does not involve driving, then not having a driver's license should not hinder their career advancement. However, if driving is a necessary skill for higher positions, then not having a driver's license may limit their opportunities for advancement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • pchockeymom