• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Recruiting Success - How to Find and Sign Your First Consultant

In summary, the woman wants to be a consultant and signs up. The author suggests telling her to do her own show in March and make it her grand opening. They also suggest that when you call her, keep it simple and all about her. They ask her what interests her about the business. They listen and ask her what scares her or what she is worried about. They then be quiet and listen. If she asks any questions that they are unsure about, be honest with her and tell her that you will check into it and get back to her with an answer. They also suggest to ask her on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is "no way, never" and 10 is "how do I sign up right now". Anything
lizdpamperedchef
Hi Everyone,

At my show on Friday, I had someone fill out the Door Prize Slip (which I got off this website, THANK YOU), and on the slip I have a line about getting info on being a Consultant. She checked off "I might consider it"!!!! I almost died right there. OK now here comes my fear, I had 3 possible recruits this year none of which worked out.

Does anyone have a good Recruit letter that they send out???? I am going to call her tomorrow and tell her I am going to be sending her some info in the mail and I will call her again in a few days. I need a awesome cover letter!!!!!!

She also wants to have a show. So, do you think I should do a Show for her in March or should I tell her to do her own show in March and make it her grand opening????

I signed as a consultant in the 3rd week of Feb last year and everything in my kit was F/W and my 1st show was not till 3/3. So I want to make sure she signs and gets the Spring Stuff. I know about the Specials for Feb for recruiting but for her to succeed I would rather her not go thru what I did.

Any imput would be GREATLY appreciated. I find it amazing all the information that everyone puts on here and how helpfull it is. I believe I am going to be a much better consultant due to this website and the brillant consultants on here.

Thanks so much!!!! :chef:

If she signs now, I believe it's past the deadline for her to receive F/W catalogs. I think I read somewhere that the deadline was 2/22!?! I'm not 100% sure though. I'd suggest that she sign now and get the 3 forged cutlery knives!! What can be better than that!! I'd also suggest to her that instead of hosting a show with you, she hosts her Grand Opening and that you'll "host coach" her the whole way and maybe you could even be there when she has it, just to help her out. This is just my opinion, but I'm a new consultant and know that starting out can be a real stresser.

My advice: when you call her, keep it simple and all about her. Ask her what interests her about the business. Then be quiet and listen. Ask her what scares her or what she is worried about. Then be quiet and listen. If she asks any questions that you are unsure about, be honest with her and tell her that you will check into it and get back to her with an answer. Something else I have heard to ask: On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is "no way, never" and 10 is "how do I sign up right now" where are you at? Then, you can take her answer and go from there. Anything at a 2-9 and you can come back with "What would have to change to make it a 10?"

Good luck!

That's a GREAT idea Kelly!! I will definitely use that line!! Thanks!!

Oh...and about the show thing. I would ask her what her thoughts are. She may be more comfortable with YOU doing her first show, but you could word the invites as it would be her "starting her business" show and all the bookings would go to her. Or, she may be someone who wants to jump in now and be the consultant at her first show! Go with whatever helps her out the most!

Do not mail her anything!!!! Set up an appt to treat her to a cup of coffee and chat. Paper does not recruit people, YOU do!

Thanks Amy on the heads up about the knives!!!! I will look into when the cutoff is for the F/W supplies, so she won't have the same issues as I did. That was soooo frustrating last year and HO would not make good on it.

Thanks Kelly, you always have to most wonderful ideas!!! Once this post is done I am going to print it and put on my wall infront of my computer, that 1 - 10 saying is great.

Thanks Debbie, you are TOTALLY right face to face is better. The only problem is that I never had a conversation with her. She came late and left before the demo came out of the oven. I am going to call her tomorrow, she never picked which sprinkle she wants for free, and that will give me a way to feel her out. Maybe bringing all the flyers and stuff live will help her understand it all as I can explain it all.

We shall see. Thanks again!!!!

Don't bring any flyers. Do you have the Come Join Us booklet? That is ALL you need! If you don't, you can download it (and the guide to using it) behind CC.

I agree with Debbie. Set up an "interview" with potential. Take only the Come Join Us brochure & the 90 days to Success sheet. That is all you need. They will generate more questions so be prepared to listen, listen, listen & then answer with more questions. It is all about the potential consultant & her business.

I agree an "interview" will be much better. My plan is too call today but my DS woke up at 10pm last night with the stomach virus and I have been UP ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is my youngest at 9 so I am totally not use to being up all night. Hopefully after a mid AM nap I will be Peppy enough to make the call.

Also at the interview I think I will bring the flyer about the knives and if she sounds totally excited I will show her that. That would have me sign on the dotted line. Thanks so all!!!!! Off to my nap.:indif: :indif: :indif:

What is the 90 days to success sheet?

90 Days to Success Sheet is that Bifold Flyer that you can fill in the squares as you complete items so you see how close you are. It came in your beginning paperwork.

Quick update on my Recruit. After waking up on Tuesday, NO SLEEP IS NOT MY SPECIALTY!!!! I have left her 3 messages and she has left me 1. Phone Tag, my goal is to talk to her today and make a plan to meet with her. I am guessing she doesn't have time to meet with 3 kids age 6 and under, but I am going to give it my best try. There is a Starbucks around the corner from her house, maybe she has a softspot for expensive coffee????

On a side note, I only had 2 cooking shows booked for March and they both cancelled YESTERDAY!!!!!! UGGH Both not even sure if they can reschedule, not enought time. I will add I got both these names from a Free Cooking Show raffle I did at a Xmas Craft Boutique. On the phone I get today...Wish me luck!!!:chef:

Liz, have you taken the online training course on how to do a recruiting interview? There is some great language with that course & it basically takes you through the "come join us" booklet step by step as you conduct your interview.
I found it really helpful prior to my last recruiting interview -- she should be signing today. Fingers crossed!!

Yes, take the online training course...it has some very practical, helpful advice.

1. What is Possible 1st Recruit?

Possible 1st Recruit is a recruitment agency that specializes in connecting job seekers with potential employers. We offer personalized job matching services and support throughout the hiring process.

2. How does Possible 1st Recruit work?

First, job seekers can create a profile and upload their resume on our website. Our team then matches their skills and qualifications with available job openings. We also assist with resume building, interview preparation, and salary negotiations.

3. What types of jobs does Possible 1st Recruit offer?

We offer a wide range of job opportunities in various industries, including but not limited to healthcare, finance, technology, and customer service. Our job listings are constantly updated, so be sure to check our website regularly for new openings.

4. Is Possible 1st Recruit only for entry-level positions?

No, we offer job opportunities for all levels of experience, from entry-level to senior positions. We also have a network of employers looking for candidates with specific skill sets and experience, so we can help connect you with the right job for your career goals.

5. How much does it cost to use Possible 1st Recruit's services?

Our services are free for job seekers. We are compensated by the employers who use our services to find qualified candidates. Rest assured, there are no hidden fees or costs for using Possible 1st Recruit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • leslieprichett
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Sheila