• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting with PC: My Success and Setbacks - A Personal Experience

In summary, the woman was reticent to join the show and changed her mind after the show. She is a retired woman who does volunteer work and is concerned about the conflict it would create with her other commitments. She is interested in learning how to promote herself, and I offered to train her.
AnthemChef
I had a show on Sunday, and I was DETERMINED to ask everyone about joining me with PC - and I actually did! Yay me!

One woman looked at me and said, "You mean I could do this?"... awesome, right? Well, I sent her with info and then we got together on Wednesday so I could tell her more and she said she was ready to sign up. So we did all of the stuff online and it was all submitted. Then, she calls a couple hours later and tells me that she has been rethinking it, and wants to put it off for a little while. Ummmm.... but we just submitted everything, so there really isn't anything I can do! I called HO just to check, but it is out of my hands. I told her that I couldn't "undo" it, but that she can wait a while before holding her shows if she wants to... ugh... I just hope that she does do her shows at some point!

So, I feel badly that I recruited someone who immediately changed their mind :( But I know there isn't much I can do about that. Oh well... I have a few more shows this month... maybe recruit #3 is waiting for me!

What are some of her concerns? I'd be curious to know what specific things have caused her to have 2nd thoughts. Did someone talk to her and burst her bubble?? Just like she didn't realize she could be a consultant, too, maybe she doesn't have a clear picture of what all is involved. Ask her what her concerns are and see if you guys can't talk through those to help her feel better about it. Maybe it's just nerves, but she'd still be able to make a go of it. Good luck!

She is retired and does some volunteer work. She seemed concerned that the two would conflict in March specifically. I tried to talk to her about how PC is meant to work into her life - not conflict with it, but she only wants to have Sunday shows (?) to start, and I guess that is a conflict.

Honestly, I'm not really sure how this is going to go... although I know it isn't my place to judge. She doesn't seem like she is "all there", even though she is very sweet. For example, she knows I live an hour away from her, but when I asked her for the cross streets to the Starbucks where we were going to meet, she said "It is by the Walmart"... like there aren't a million Walmarts and Starbucks in this city? She couldn't figure out how to access her email to find the email from HO... just lots of little things. I have a feeling there will be a lot of hand-holding in this process :)

I'm going to call her in a few more days and talk to her more about the Forged Cutlery promotion... maybe that will light a fire under her so she'll get started selling in March!

She can just do four catalog shows in her first 30 days and then get going full steam in April...just a suggestion....

I did a show a few weeks ago, and I am REALLY bad at recruiting. Well there was a girl there that had pondered signing up a while back, before she knew me...I did an interactive show and she WOULD NOT help at all!! Said she didn't want to get dirty or anything like that, but thought it was SO CUTE that I was making food and using the products, she hadn't thought about doing something like that if she started. I wanted to ask if this was the first time she had been around PC, but didnt and she left during the demo so I didn't talk to her. Well the hostess called last night and said this girl mentioned it again but didn't want to sign under someone who would be "up her butt". Appearantly she has talked to a lady that lives over 2 1/2 hours from her about signing and the woman calls her once or twice a week then won't let her off the phone, the hostess said she mentioned me and I told the hostess if she wants to sign under me that is fine, I wont pressure her, but I would like to train her to do it "right". I feel bad for feeling so against this, but I just can't help it.

Sorry, I didn't really give you any advice, Laura, I just went off on my own...I do feel your pain. I have signed before, was almost a director then they fizzled...then there are the kit nappers...oy...recruiting is tough sometimes!!

Who as the CARE solution typed up? Something about taking each of their concerns at a time. Ask her "How many shows do you think you could do a month?" I have one recruit lead who thought she had to do 4 shows a month which wouldn't work for her. Some think you have to do one every day or just on weekends or just on the week nights. As you go through each concern, you'll figure out what's really holding her back. She'll get so much in her first 90 days even if she does just catalog shows.

When someone finds the CARE solution, let me know!! I am interested to read this!!

I know I have the notes at home, but that doesn't help when I'm at work.

I'd like to see those notes too!
Thanks for the sympathy, Chris... nice to know I'm not the only one who has a "bad feeling" about a recruit. But, I figure, if it doesn't work out then I'm not out anything... if it DOES work out, yippee!On a brighter note, I'm signing my 3rd recruit tomorrow!!! And I know she already has 3 shows booked (she just had her show this past weekend, and 3/5 guests booked a show). So, I'll be a FD in no time!!

I posted some of the care notes on here a bit ago...let me see if I can find the thread...

Thanks Janet :)

What is "My Second Recruit... Ugh."?

"My Second Recruit... Ugh." is a comedic web series about a young man named Tom who tries to recruit a second person to join his pyramid scheme.

Who created "My Second Recruit... Ugh."?

"My Second Recruit... Ugh." was created by comedian and filmmaker Kevin T. Porter.

How many episodes are there in "My Second Recruit... Ugh."?

As of now, there are 3 episodes in "My Second Recruit... Ugh.", but more may be released in the future.

Where can I watch "My Second Recruit... Ugh."?

"My Second Recruit... Ugh." is available to watch on YouTube and the official website for the series.

Is "My Second Recruit... Ugh." based on a true story?

No, "My Second Recruit... Ugh." is a fictional story created for entertainment purposes and is not based on a true story.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJami83