• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Without Computers: Tips for Consultants

it wouldn't let me.I save my recruit's database info to a different folder than mine. When she needs to do a show, I restore from her folder. All I have to type in is her consultant number and password. It only takes moments.
kisrae
Gold Member
I have two possible recruits who want to sign, which is great but they don't have a computer. I know they can still be a consultant but I'm worried it might be to hard to keep them going.

They both are wanting a computer so I let them know that they can write off the cost of the computer when they buy one.

:cry: :cry: So, how do they submit a show with out a computer. Would they send in the order forms from the show? Is there forms to fill out? Im not sure really what to tell them.:cry: :cry:

Help

I beleive there are forms for snail mail show submittals.

There are forms for submitting shows by mail, but the submission deadlines are usually a day earlier than online deadlines. There are several Mennonite women who earn TPC or promote every year at NC, so it is possible to be very successful without a computer.

pamperedtara said:
There are forms for submitting shows by mail, but the submission deadlines are usually a day earlier than online deadlines. There are several Mennonite women who earn TPC or promote every year at NC, so it is possible to be very successful without a computer.
Just curious why you think Mennonite women don't have computers? I think you are thinking of the Amish.

Anyway I sold for 9 months without a computer. It is not impossible just much easier with one. They need to mail in the paperwork for each show. they also will get the information in the mail so you will need to keep them up on what is do when as it is easy to forget when you can''t look it up.

trps said:
Just curious why you think Mennonite women don't have computers? I think you are thinking of the Amish.

Amish are a sect of the Mennonites.

finley1991 said:
Amish are a sect of the Mennonites.
No, that is common misconception - but not correct. The Amish were started by a Mennonite, but are not considered a sect of the Mennonite Church. However, there is more than one sect of the Mennonite Church - and some are more similar in their everyday life to the Amish, where they don't use modern conveniences. But the same could be said for the Amish communities too. Some do embrace technology, and others are considered "Old Order", and don't. I have no idea if the Amish and/or Mennonite consultants have computers - but I did read on here about one Amish consultant who would ride a bike to all of her shows, or take a horse and buggy, and earned TPC!Amish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaMennonite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry.... I just went by what the dictionary said...Amish |ˈämi sh |
plural noun
the members of a strict Mennonite sect that established major settlements in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and elsewhere in North America from 1720 onward.

You can always tell them they can get one cheap with their first few shows. I know my director would let consultant's use PP on her computer that she used P3 on. Something about changing out the personal information on PP with each consultant. That way they get used to using the programs on the computer. Do they have a friend, neighbor or family member who would let them install P3 on their computer to use until they got their own?

I have a recruit with no PC. I have submitted 5 shows for her, no problem. The first 4 were in PP and the last one was P3.

We also ordered supply item JA26, Show Order Form. She can submit through the mail if she wants.

Using P3 you would have to change out the whole workspace directory to switch the consultant submitting...it doesn't seem to do an "easy" switch.Tell them to start selling and earn that laptop!(Just got mine last night! :) - so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I don't have any problem with P3. Only one instance is installed. I'm not sure what you mean about
Using P3 you would have to change out the whole workspace directory to switch the consultant submitting

I save my recruit's database info to a different folder than mine. When she needs to do a show, I restore from her folder. All I have to type in is her consultant number and password. It only takes moments.

kspry said:
I don't have any problem with P3. Only one instance is installed. I'm not sure what you mean about

I save my recruit's database info to a different folder than mine. When she needs to do a show, I restore from her folder. All I have to type in is her consultant number and password. It only takes moments.

Might be the version I had. I tried to do a restore for my recruit whose computer crashed. I had to reinstall and/or completely replace the workspace folder for it to switch over properly.

Huh, I just open P3. No fiddling with that workspace folder!

Tools > Backup and I save my data.
The file gets named PPPLus.dat.

Then to work on my recruit's stuff,
Tools > Restore
I browse out to her folder and restore her copy of PPPLus.dat

I started my business w/o a computer. I just got a computer at home in June. I had my DH input orders on his computer at work. (He's the boss, so it's okay. he did it after hours-- often at 11 at night.) It wasn't the most convenient thing in the world (for him or me) but we made it work until he'd finally had enough.It can be done :)

I'll work with it. Thanks you al

trps said:

Assumptions I guess. The Mennonite communities near here are very primitive. They do use vehicles, and have electricity, but no TVs, etc. Didn't mean to start a hijack or debate.

1. What do you mean by "No Computers"?

"No Computers" refers to our line of kitchen tools and gadgets that do not require any electronic or digital components. These products are designed to simplify cooking and baking tasks without the need for technology.

2. Are the "No Computers" products difficult to use?

No, our "No Computers" products are designed to be user-friendly and easy to use. They are perfect for both experienced cooks and beginners.

3. Can these products be used for both cooking and baking?

Yes, our "No Computers" line includes a variety of tools and gadgets that can be used for both cooking and baking. They are versatile and can handle a wide range of tasks in the kitchen.

4. Are the "No Computers" products dishwasher safe?

Yes, most of our "No Computers" products are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend checking the product instructions or packaging to ensure proper care.

5. Can I find replacement parts for "No Computers" products?

Yes, we offer replacement parts for most of our "No Computers" products. You can contact our customer service team or visit our website for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pkd09
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • finley1991