• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Recruit Thinking of Doing Candles Instead!!

In summary, Melissa and Linda are trying to encourage a recruit to do both her direct sales career and her soy candle business. The recruit might be interested in doing soy candles, but is also interested in doing her direct sales career. Melissa and Linda are trying to help the recruit make a decision about what is best for her.
sarahlegare
Hi everyone! I have a potenial recruit who is interested in selling PC, but is also toying with the idea of making & selling Soy candles. I've made candles in the past & it's a pain in the rear!!! Her hubby thinks she should do PC, but is supportive of her in whatever she ends up doing....Anyway, I don't want to come across as mean, but I KNOW PC could make her more $$ & just be a better fit for her! How can I make her see that?? I'm doing a show for her on Sat. & it's going to be interactive, making the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies!
Thanks in advance for all your awesome advice!!:D :love:

Why can't she do both?

Keep her on your list, if the candle business doesn't work for her maybe she'll give PC a try.

sarahlegare said:
Hi everyone! I have a potenial recruit who is interested in selling PC, but is also toying with the idea of making & selling Soy candles. I've made candles in the past & it's a pain in the rear!!! Her hubby thinks she should do PC, but is supportive of her in whatever she ends up doing....Anyway, I don't want to come across as mean, but I KNOW PC could make her more $$ & just be a better fit for her! How can I make her see that?? I'm doing a show for her on Sat. & it's going to be interactive, making the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies!
Thanks in advance for all your awesome advice!!:D :love:
I agree with last poster. She could do both. Hmm, maybe break it down for her something like this- That she should give PC a try. Give her the amt she will put into the business (155 starter kit) and tell her to just do her first 6 shows to qualify. Breakdown what her income would be with an average show of $400.00 and the first 6 shows. Show her the profit, and tell her that if she does PC first, does her first 4 shows, she could use the income to put towards starting the candles. Maybe she will be so in love with PC that she will just keep going and not move on to the candles. Be positive about the candle thing and look at as if that is her "dream" job, than PC can help her purchase the tools to do that. Good Luck!

Thanks Melissa & Linda!! I think I will encourage her to do both!!:D I'm sure she'll make more doing PC!!

Hi there,
I'm attaching a worksheet I have that could be really helpful for anyone considering two direct sales companies OR someone who's thinking of adding to one that they're already doing. It'll help her compare. I can't imagine that a soy candle company has as strong a history, a background and a following as PC. I'm not too familiar with those companies, but I thought I'd attach this. Have her go through this and maybe you can even do it with her. Hopefully it'll help her compare and contrast....

Attachments

• recruiting direct sales research page.doc
    83.5 KB · Views: 395
Thanks Becky. I really like that form.

Thanks Becky, I just saved that so I can use it myself... Recruiting has not been something I have really tried but with that spreadsheet, it will definantly give me more confidence. :)

There are a lot of great questions on that form Becky!! It's so obvious for us that PC is the best!!!!!!! I think her selling soy candles would be just her doing it, but I'm not sure. Like she would purchase everything to make the candles & have to somehow sell them. Not sure if she'd offer home parties or what. IMHO, it's alot of time & investment for what??!! Who knows what kind of a return she will make! I'll definately encourage her to sign on with PC, earn some $$ and then purchase some of the candle making stuff & see how that goes (while still doing PC). I'm willing to bet she'll see that with PC, you know you'll definately make some sort of commission for every party, even catalog shows!! Wish me luck!

wow, that sounds like a lot of work. To each her own, I guess!!

I'm glad you guys find this worksheet helpful. My director sent it to me and I think it's really helpful. Borrow away, everyone!:)

Wish there was a "Thank You" Button on this forum like the Director's Chef Success....cuz...Becky you've just been thanked!!:D :D

fruit76loop said:
Wish there was a "Thank You" Button on this forum like the Director's Chef Success....cuz...Becky you've just been thanked!!:D :D
You're welcome!:)

I like that, Becky! But you forgot Exec. Director in the list of management levels. ;)

chefann said:
I like that, Becky! But you forgot Exec. Director in the list of management levels. ;)
Oops. When I looked at the document again after posting it, I actually went back in and also corrected the NSED that they used to call what is now NED. Like I said, I got it from my director and didn't catch all the "oopses." I did just go in and change it again, so here's the new version with the Executive Director added...

Attachments

• direct sales research page[1].doc
    85 KB · Views: 328
Ok so I really like that sheet Becky but saw a few things I did not know about...... We have a Kit return policy? We offer a savings and investment plan?

hmmm......

I don't know much about the savings and investment plan, but if you go to CC and go under "Managing your Business" then "Pampered Perks" the first option is the consultant investment program and it talks about it there.

As for returing the kit, if your agreement is terminated, the company will refund 90% of the purchase price to the consultant of any unused and resaleable product samples or "inventory" purchased within the previous 12 months.

Terminated..... Like if HO were to terminate a contract? What if someone got the kit and changed their mind and wanted to return it? (I know the kitnappers usually just keep it but there are honest people out there)

Sory... I know I am playing devils advocate here.....

etteluap70PC said:
Terminated..... Like if HO were to terminate a contract? What if someone got the kit and changed their mind and wanted to return it? (I know the kitnappers usually just keep it but there are honest people out there)

Sory... I know I am playing devils advocate here.....
You know, I"m not sure how it works the other way around. I just know that if HO terminates someone's agreement, this applies to them. I know because I had a consultant on my team who was terminated. I would guess it may apply the other way around because item B. 7. on the Consultant Agreement says "Upon termination of this Agreement, Company will refund to Consultant 90 percent of Consultant's purchase....blah blah blah." I guess that's a question for the home office just to be sure.:confused:

1. What is the potential earnings from selling candles?

The potential earnings from selling candles can vary greatly depending on the quality and demand for your product, as well as your marketing and sales strategies. It is important to do thorough market research and create a solid business plan to estimate your potential earnings.

2. How much time and effort is required to start a candle business?

Starting any business requires a significant amount of time and effort. You will need to research and source materials, create a business plan, and market your products. The time and effort required will also depend on the scale of your business and your level of experience.

3. What are the potential challenges of running a candle business?

Some potential challenges of running a candle business include competition, fluctuating demand for candles, and sourcing high-quality materials at a reasonable cost. It is important to do thorough research and plan for potential challenges to ensure the success of your business.

4. Is it necessary to have prior experience in candle making to start a candle business?

While prior experience in candle making can be beneficial, it is not necessarily required to start a candle business. There are many resources available, such as online tutorials and classes, that can help you learn the skills necessary for making high-quality candles.

5. What are some potential benefits of starting a candle business?

Some potential benefits of starting a candle business include the ability to be creative and express yourself through your products, the potential for high profits, and the opportunity to work from home. It can also be a fulfilling and enjoyable way to earn a living.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • ShelbyMichalek