• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Recruit From a Bridal Expo

In summary, there was a conversation about a woman interested in joining PC at a bridal expo. The recruiter followed up with her and suggested signing up now to take advantage of current promotions, but the woman may be too busy caring for her husband going through chemo. The recruiter is trying to find a balance between not being pushy and still getting her to join. Suggestions were made to offer the opportunity for her to take a break and potentially save money while still being involved in the business.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
I was at a bridal expo last Sunday & met a bride-to-be's mother who was very interested in joining PC. When she walked away I could even hear her telling her daughter, "I'm serious about this. I want to sign up." My only dilemma is that she said that right now her husband is going through chemo and is busy with him. I called her Tuesday (she originally said to call her in the beginning of March, but I didn't want her to become uninterested) and got a voicemail, but I told her about the forged cutlery and how now would be the perfect time to sign and that she doesn't have to be heavily involved until March when he's through. I haven't heard back from her yet.

How long is too soon to call back??
Should I just wait until March when she wanted me to contact her??
What can I do to get her hooked?? I thought about telling her that I'd help her set up her daughter's bridal shower as a PC one and let it be her show, but that's awhile down the road.

Help Please!!

Hmmm, that's a tough one because she's obviously pretty involved with her husband's chemo and caring for him. I'm not sure if that totally occupies all of her time or if she'd have a few nights/days a month to get out and do shows. Maybe it would be a nice distraction and something she could do for herself to give herself a break? It would maybe help her from getting burned out or totally consumed by caring for her husband. And if they're helping pay for or totally paying for the wedding, this is a great way to save up some money. Those are the things that occurred to me off the top of my head. Just try to keep it about HER like you're doing and hopefully she'll see some great benefits to signing now rather than later. Let her know she can have any out of town friends or family do catalog shows, so it won't take up time with her husband.

Good luck!!!

Thanks. I just hate to be the "pushy" recruiter. I want her to feel comfortable and able to focus on him since that comes first!

I told her about the forged cutlery and how now would be the perfect time to sign and that she doesn't have to be heavily involved until March when he's through. I haven't heard back from her yet.

If she signs now, she'll only have until the middle of March or so to qualify to earn the knives. If she's going to be busy during March, it would maybe be better for her to wait until the end of this month to sign. Maybe when your next cluster meeting is close you could call and invite her to go with you to check it out. It would give her a chance to get out for a few hours and a 'look' at the biz. Good luck!

What is a Bridal Expo?

A Bridal Expo is an event that showcases various wedding vendors, including photographers, florists, caterers, and more. It is a one-stop shop for brides-to-be to gather inspiration, ideas, and connect with potential vendors for their wedding day.

Why should I consider recruiting from a Bridal Expo?

A Bridal Expo is a great opportunity to reach a large number of potential clients in one place. Brides-to-be attending the expo are actively looking for wedding vendors, making it a prime opportunity to showcase your services and connect with potential clients.

What are some tips for recruiting at a Bridal Expo?

First, make sure to have eye-catching and professional materials, such as brochures, business cards, and a visually appealing booth. Also, be prepared to engage with attendees and have a pitch ready to showcase your services. Lastly, make sure to follow up with potential clients after the expo.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when recruiting at a Bridal Expo?

One mistake to avoid is being too pushy or aggressive. Brides-to-be are there to gather information and make connections, not be sold to. It's important to be friendly and approachable while also promoting your services. Additionally, make sure to have enough staff at your booth to handle the flow of attendees.

How can I stand out from other vendors at a Bridal Expo?

One way to stand out is to offer a special promotion or discount for attendees who book your services at the expo. You can also consider offering a unique experience, such as a live demonstration or interactive activity. Additionally, having a visually appealing and well-designed booth can help you stand out from the crowd.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies