• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Pampered Chef® Business: New Opportunity Call Number Now Available!

think they are counting on people not wanting to take the time to call because of the new number.So the idea is that if people don't want to take the time to call because of the new number, then PC will make more money because they will be charging for the opportunity call?Yes, that is correct.
heat123
Silver Member
THis just in from weekly tidbits-

Start Promoting the New Opportunity Call Phone Number
We've changed our service provider for the opportunity call, and there is a new number you can start using immediately: 630-261-3537, then dial English passcode 1095577 or Spanish passcode 1107029. Please note this is a toll call.

Invite your potential recruits to gain insights into the exciting possibilities of a Pampered Chef® business. Be sure to let them know the call is only about 10 minutes long.

You can print your own stickers with the new phone number and adhere them to existing materials that show the old number. The stickers are also great for catalogs, business cards and any other printed materials you distribute. The sticker template is designed to fit Avery #5260 labels. Download the template at Consultant's Corner > Download Center > Promoting Your Business > Opportunity Call Stickers.

What A Crock!

I know, the 800 # was so much better for potentials to call in :(.

We knew there was going to be a new number, but I was hoping it would be toll-free. Darn. This is really going to cut down on the number of people calling it.

This is a serious bummer. Oh well, I don't think I had too many people who called it anyway. I will probably just do away with even mentioning it. I think it kind of makes PC look "cheap" to potentials.

sfdavis918 said:
This is a serious bummer. Oh well, I don't think I had too many people who called it anyway. I will probably just do away with even mentioning it. I think it kind of makes PC look "cheap" to potentials.

Totally agree with the "cheap" look!:grumpy:

Does this mean that the 800 number is no longer in service at all?

"If you're interested in the business opportunity...please call this #. We'd love to take 10 minutes to tell you all about it. Please note that you will have to pay for this opportunity to learn more about us..."

Come on...seriously? :grumpy: They have to pay for it!:eek: :grumpy: :mad:

You are forgetting that more and more people now have unlimited phone plans or cell plans with free long distance, and often with free minutes after 7 or 9 p.m. I don't think this is going to be an issue AT ALL.

DebbieJ said:
You are forgetting that more and more people now have unlimited phone plans or cell plans with free long distance, and often with free minutes after 7 or 9 p.m.

I don't think this is going to be an issue AT ALL.

So true Debbie. I know we use our cell phones for our house phone, and after 7 it is unlimited...

Thank you, I will definitely point that out in the Hispanic Market!! :) That is my voice you hear on the Spanish line. Wish I could do it over I sound like a robot!:yuck:

That's cool, Addie!! Wish I understood more Spanish than "Hello." and "one beer, please." :D

It's never too late! I can help you with those important phrases! :)

Like:

Hablas español?
Nostros te necesitamos, no necesitas experiencia! Nosotros te entrenamos.

Do you speak Spanish?
We need you! You don't need experience! We will train you.

I do have a funny story from one of my Spanish teachers in college. When she was an undergrad, she went someplace for a semester to study (I want to say Mexico, but I'm not sure). Some guy in a bar kept trying to pick her and her friend up, and they kept saying things just a little wrong (mostly idioms that don't translate accurately). She then meant to say, "I'm so embarassed." But of course, she used the false cognate, and said, "Soy embarassada." :eek: The man took off without another word. Then she realized what she actually said. It made a good lesson about words that sound like other English words, but aren't related.

Way to get rid of sly Mexican! LOL That was his Q to head for the hills.

Now that we've completely hijacked this thread...Way to go on being successful enough that HO used you for the call!!

Thank you! :) It's not difficult to appear successful in such a small market, I'm definitely not as good as you or a lot of other cheffers. I just happen to be bilingual in a growing market. :) I sent my HO manager an e-mail about this because I'm wondering how it will impact our market, true almost everyone has a cell phone but sometimes you have such bad reception with some phones people prefer to call from home. We'll see.

I could be wrong but I took away from the weekly bites that they changed servers and this might be a temporary number. Time will tell.

Just read it again and I guess I am wrong thinking this is a temporary number. I still think that more people would call if it was toll free. Lots of people who are thinking of joining are looking to make money not throw it out on a call they may not be able to dish out for at the moment.

630 is the area code of the HO so they are probably hosting the call themselves now.

I'm okay with this... I'm sure it's saving money over all and I do think most people can use free phone time somehow... but I JUST bought a stamp with all the specifics about the call on it and stamped a PILE of information... sigh... guess I'll be printing stickers and covering all that up! I'm choosing not to let this distract me... I am still going to use the number as a great tool. Has anyone tried the 800 # to see if they give out the new number for those who have the 800 one?

pamperedharriet said:
Just read it again and I guess I am wrong thinking this is a temporary number. I still think that more people would call if it was toll free. Lots of people who are thinking of joining are looking to make money not throw it out on a call they may not be able to dish out for at the moment.
I totally agree with you Harriet!;)

No, No, NO! While some do have "free access" for long distance on their cell - weekends or evenings, it is not good for that to be the ONLY way new potential clients can make the call.I am embarassed asking someone to make a 10-minute Long Distance call to find out -- that's more commitment than I am OK asking them for.If you agree with me, please contact HO and tell them...According to the latest Weekly Bites, the "opportunity call" in these labels, will now be a new Pay-to-Hear phone number.

So we are supposed to ask potential recruits to spend money for a 10-minute long distance phone call????

PLEASE complain to the Home Office that this is not ok - the whole point of an opportunity call, is a low level of commitment for the potential recruit. Thank you!
----------------------If you disagree with me, send me a PM or let me know on this thread. This really bothers me!

I completely agree Scott! I am definitely going to send an email to HO. (BTW, what email address should we use for such an email?)

I sent it to Solution Center, but my Nat.Exec Dir said send it to Jean and Marla (not sure, but Jean published her addy in KCN a while back) -Scott

Glad to hear that I am not alone in my thoughts. I really don't know what HO is thinking about making such an opportunity call a toll call. I totally agree with you Scott.

I agree with you!

This is what my Director at HO said to me when I inquired, so they are welcoming our concerns about this issue. (I'm in the Hispanic Market)

I think the logic to the change from a toll free number, other than the obvious cost factor, had to do with the amount of people that currently do most of their business and personal communication via cell phones. In fact, cell phone usage tends to be the highest among Hispanics in the U.S.
As you know, cell phones normally carry "free minutes" that people use on a day-to-day basis and some plans offer "Free" minutes after certain evening hours. Due to the high cell phone usage among our Consultant base, I believe it was one of the determining factors to change from a toll free number.

If you feel that eliminating a toll free number does not serve our purpose to recruiting new Consultants, I would like to get your thoughts on the issue and I can bring up the concern in my weekly meeting.

pamperedharriet said:

I agree - it should be a toll free number. Not to mention now we have to update paperwork! I'm so sick of that:yuck: !

I'm not so sure right now I feel like giving out a long distance number for this. I think we sound "cheap." Come on as big as PC is they can get an 800 number w/probably only .3 cents per minute if they set it up as a dedicated LD line. If they don't - they need to contact my company and we can save them a ton of money on their telecommunications bills! I work for a telecommunications managment company.

Last edited:
The 800 call # is still working. I just called it.

The toll call # is identical to the 800 #. I just called it too.

Not sure when the 800 # will no longer be in service though.

This NEEDS to be a Free call!

Not everyone has a cell phone. Alot that do may not want to use up 10minutes of their call time. Would I remember to make a call like this when my minutes are Free (nights and weekends) probably not. I think thas was a bad decision and I will let HO know!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookingwithlove