• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Career Consultant- What Did You Do to Become a Director

In summary, the key things to being successful as a consultant or director are being enthusiastic, being consistent, and having training.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
Hello- I am officially signing up tomorrow. I plan to make this my career... I want to be able to stay home with my children once they start kindergarten (and the only way I can do that is to match the income I was making before I convinced DH to let me become a SAHM: 60K+)

PLEASE, I am serious about this as a job and want to know, how were you successful in recruiting? What do you think the key things are? What habits do the successful consultants/directors, etc posses? The recruiting part is what makes me nervous!

Thank you SO much!

Recruiting is about numbers---you have to do enough shows to see enough people to generate enough leads.You have to ASK EVERYONE (don't prejudge) and then FOLLOW UP IMMEDIATELY AND REGULARLY. I stress the regularly part as in the past two weeks I signed two people that I've been working with for over a year. You stay in touch and they'll pull the trigger when the time is right.

Melissa - Congratulations on your start coming up!...and have to warn you right away, you are going to have to change your blog. We cannot say we are a Pampered Chef consultant online.There are MANY threads here on the issue and when you get your userid, it is also in the policies and procedures manual posted on Consultant's Corner.The only advice I have is be enthusiastic and enjoy! The personality and belief in PC goes a long way!ETA: Also we cannot use their imagery or text on another website, only on our personal PC websites and we cannot link to our personal PC websites (once you have one). You have the right enthusiastic attitude though. Keep that up!

Last edited:
...and have to warn you right away, you are going to have to change your blog. We cannot say we are a Pampered Chef consultant online.

REALLY? I actually got a copy of the ad guidelines from my director, and I thought I had changed everything that I needed to. Obviously I am missing something big here.

So, can I just NOT say I am a consultant, and do you think most everything else would be ok?

I did change the fact that I had links to The Pampered Chef, Ltd. at one time. :( I put so much hard work into the blog, this makes me sad!

But THANK YOU for the information!

PCMelissa said:
...and have to warn you right away, you are going to have to change your blog. We cannot say we are a Pampered Chef consultant online.

REALLY? I actually got a copy of the ad guidelines from my director, and I thought I had changed everything that I needed to. Obviously I am missing something big here.

So, can I just NOT say I am a consultant, and do you think most everything else would be ok?

I did change the fact that I had links to The Pampered Chef, Ltd. at one time. :( I put so much hard work into the blog, this makes me sad!

But THANK YOU for the information!

Melissa - PM me your e-mail and I'll send you a copy of the policies and procedures and relevant text.

I can tell you worked hard on it but it'll be fine! :)

You can get a personal website soon and have a ton of fun with that!

Consistancy and training would be the biggest key factors. I did Step Up training yesterday and that is such a big boost. She really stressed the 3 phone calls a day. The key structure is 3 phone calls a day, 2 shows a week, 1 recruit a month. But her thought was with 3 phone calls a day the others should follow.

Janet- You've Got Mail!

Everyone else. Thank you. So basically it sounds like just some hard working and being consistent is the key, they will come :) I hope it works this way for me! I am going to be consistent, and I do plan to work this like my full time business, great customer service, etc. I guess I will just have to take it one day at a time and let life happen. If it is meant to be for me to become a career consultant, then it will. In the meantime, I will do the work it takes to lead me down that path.

Thanks.

Just curious, how are we allowed to say that we are consultants on this site?

Hi Melissa!

Welcome! I'm in Michigan too - what part of Michigan are you from? Who is your upline? You will find a good # of Michigan Consultants on this board! This is a very helpful, friendly place to hang out.

Janet has already emailed the policies and procedures regarding online advertising, so the only thing I would add is that the best thing to do would be to get an official PC Website - that is really the only way allowable to advertise your business online. I can tell you put a ton of work into your website - too bad your director or someone didn't let you know earlier about the restrictions!

PCMelissa said:
Janet- You've Got Mail!Everyone else. Thank you. So basically it sounds like just some hard working and being consistent is the key, they will come :) I hope it works this way for me! I am going to be consistent, and I do plan to work this like my full time business, great customer service, etc. I guess I will just have to take it one day at a time and let life happen. If it is meant to be for me to become a career consultant, then it will. In the meantime, I will do the work it takes to lead me down that path. Thanks. Just curious, how are we allowed to say that we are consultants on this site?
You've got mail too! :)We can say it here because this is a website "created specifically for communication among consultants" and you have to pay to join.Notice in siggys though that people put:/websitenameThat would equate to Welcome to In the Kitchen with We cannot link to personal websites but that lets each other know what they are so we can get great ideas.On the business, numbers are key - the more people you are in front of, the more potential recruits. Just start building - it doesn't happen overnight for most, but will come!

2 shows a week.....really! Being consistant at that will put you in front of enough people to book more shows, recruit more people and have your sales where you want them to be.

You might want to look into taking the Step Up to Director program. Email me at [email protected] if you want more info, or just talk to your director - that is what s/he is there for!

ChefBeckyD- I just saw your post! I am near the metro Detroit area! My upline is actually near the mi/ohio border. I don't really know her personally, I am meeting her for the first time tomorrow. My MIL had a show back in August. I couldn't attend, but had the catalog, and when I decided I wanted to sell I called her. WOW, I noticed your biggest show was 5K+ HOW did you do that?? Nice work! I am so glad I found this forum!

Hey, Melissa! I'm in Southfield, 1/2 mile from the Detroit border. <end hijack>

PCMelissa said:
ChefBeckyD- I just saw your post! I am near the metro Detroit area! My upline is actually near the mi/ohio border. I don't really know her personally, I am meeting her for the first time tomorrow. My MIL had a show back in August. I couldn't attend, but had the catalog, and when I decided I wanted to sell I called her. WOW, I noticed your biggest show was 5K+ HOW did you do that?? Nice work!

I am so glad I found this forum!

Melissa - just sent you a PM!:)

Welcome to the business, Melissa! Good for you -- I am a "career consultant", too...if you call doing 2 shows a week "Full Time" then I am so there! I enjoy good sales and income of $1200 - $2500 a month with that "full time" job ;)

I agree with all the girls here, they are so VERY smart at the biz and so VERY great at sharing!

It's all about PEOPLE -- the phone and ASKING, not announcing...and talking to everyone you know, and telling them to talk to everyone THEY know. It's a PEOPLE business.

One thing about Pampered Chef Consultants is that they share and they are TRULY an amazing group of people who really do want to help each other.

It's incredible to be in such an awesome company! Welcome!

Geez ChefAnn- I could reach out and touch you! I am in Redford Twp. And my FT JOB I left to stay home with my beautiful daughter was in Southfield. My upline is about an hour away... so if you ever wanna "play" together... I was thinking of setting up at the David's Bridal in Westland in April. But, it seems kinda daunting to do alone. I doubt my upline would want in on that being so far away. I am sure you have many others to share parties with that would also benefit you, but keep it in mind. Janice, thanks, I do realize that about the company, and I already thought that about everyone being nice, but then I came on here and I am amazed!! Thanks for the encouragement!

That's neat, Melissa! You don't know how right you are about being close, because I'm in the far SW corner of Southfield, just north of 8 Mile, west of Beech. I'm trying to watch my costs this year (I just lost my FT job), but if you need someone to set up with you at the David's Bridal, let me know (of course, you'll start your own team between now and then!). My team is spread out: Novi, Warren and Inkster.

Waving to you out my window!!! Do you see me?? I am also west of Beech, south of 6 mile!I HOPE I get my team started SOON! I have no idea about anything team related, or about the triips...hopefully I will get that info tonight!

Wow ChefAnn I thought no one had ever heard of Inkster. That is where I lived before we moved to North Carolina. Still have a lot of family in Michigan though.

Camoblonde39 said:
Wow ChefAnn I thought no one had ever heard of Inkster. That is where I lived before we moved to North Carolina. Still have a lot of family in Michigan though.

Yeah, I thought it was just a blot on the map...

1. What are the qualifications to become a Director at Pampered Chef?

To become a Director at Pampered Chef, one must have at least three years of experience as a consultant, achieve certain sales and recruiting goals, and complete leadership training courses.

2. How long does it typically take to become a Director?

The time it takes to become a Director at Pampered Chef varies for each consultant. Some may achieve this level in a few years, while others may take longer depending on their individual goals and efforts.

3. What are the responsibilities of a Director at Pampered Chef?

A Director at Pampered Chef is responsible for leading and coaching a team of consultants, achieving sales and recruiting goals, and promoting the company's products and mission. They also provide support and guidance to their team members to help them succeed.

4. Is there a salary or commission for being a Director?

As a Pampered Chef Director, you can earn a commission on your team's sales and receive bonuses based on their performance. The company also offers various incentives and rewards for top-performing Directors.

5. Can I still be a Director if I have a full-time job?

Yes, it is possible to be a Director at Pampered Chef while working a full-time job. Many Directors balance their Pampered Chef business with other commitments, and the company provides flexible schedules for its consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
blueberrylady
  • flemings99
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • theonlyewe