• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Going to Meet With a Potential Recruit...

I was just so excited and nervous all at the same time. I would recommend the interactive shows to her! This way she isn't standing up in front of everyone doing all of the talking. It will take the pressure off of her!:)I was never one to stand up in front of people and talk. I was a nervous wreck at my first show. A couple things you can tell her is that if she forgets something or doesn't mention a cool feature, no one is ever going to know. Second, it gets easier as you go on. The more shows you do, the better you get. Good luck!That is great! Congratulations.Awesome - congratulations,
sarahlegare
Wish me luck! If she signs, I'll be a future director!! AHHHHHH!!!

Go Sarah Go Sarah!

Good luck - remember to listen more than talk! The whole two ears, one mouth thing...:D

Pre-congratulations on your promotion!

Good Luck!

Good luck!!!! Let us know how it goes!

Good luck, Sarah! Keep us posted! :)

Good luck Sarah!

great job!!! Can't wait to hear how it turns out!:D :D

Sending good vibes your way!

Good luck!

Yea! Let us know how it went!

Oh Sarah!!!! Where are you Sarah??? Are you a FD????? Inquiring minds want to know! I want to know. Ok sorry, I am in a weird mood.

Hey guys!! She IS going to sign, two things though. First, she doesn't get paid until Thurs., so she's waiting until at least then for $$. Secondly, she's really nervous to stand up in front of people, and I've told her about getting familiar with the products & all the awesome training material & DVD's and all that stuff. I also acknowledged her concern, and didn't just blow it off!
Any other advice? Last night, I told her, let's just get the kit ordered (she already has her first 4 shows!!!)...the sooner the stuff is here, the sooner you can get comfortable and excited & you're nervousness will get replace with excitement!!!

Sarah,

Congratulations!!! And I would recommend the interactive shows to her! This way she isn't standing up in front of everyone doing all of the talking. It will take the pressure off of her!:)

I was never one to stand up in front of people and talk. I was a nervous wreck at my first show. A couple things you can tell her is that if she forgets something or doesn't mention a cool feature, no one is ever going to know. Second, it gets easier as you go on. The more shows you do, the better you get. Good luck!

That is great! Congratulations.

Awesome - congratulations, Sarah! One of the reasons people join PC is to help them overcome their fear of speaking in front of people. As she gains knowledge of the products and practices, it'll get easier.

Congrats again! Are her first 4 shows in 30 days (or if she has $1250 in sales)? She'll get the cutlery, you'll get to go shopping at Best Buy! Yippee!

Last edited:
Yeah Sarah~congrats!
I am one that has overcome my fear of speaking in front of a group; & my self esteem has grown so much thanks to PC!

fruit76loop said:
Sarah,

Congratulations!!! And I would recommend the interactive shows to her! This way she isn't standing up in front of everyone doing all of the talking. It will take the pressure off of her!:)

I was telling her about the interactive shows, great minds think alike!!:D She really liked the idea of that!!

Congrats! Welcome to the FD Club! I hope the next 3 come really quickly for you!

dianevill said:
Are her first 4 shows in 30 days (or if she has $1250 in sales)? She'll get the cutlery, you'll get to go shopping at Best Buy! Yippee!

Yes!! I'm closing out a $500 catty show for her & 2 people from that wanted to book! When I talked to her, she said she doesn't even really know these people~I told her that's awesome, a newbie & already getting out of her circle!! Plus, she's going to do a grand opening & either her mom or MIL (I can't remember!) will do a show too!! I even told her I'd go with her to her first show, if she wanted! She's coming to my show the 16th, but I want her to have her stuff by then!! I'm really hoping she signs tomorrow!!

:D :D :D I'm so happy for you!!:D :D :D

Congrats Sarah!!!!

Just thought I'd update. She's still really excited, has 5 shows BUT, (don't you just hate that!) she will be collecting unemployment and isn't sure how it will effect that:grumpy: :mad: :( :eek: ...................... She's going to call the unemployment office & see. She is really excited though, so I'm hoping she gets the answer she's looking for & signs right away!

Sarah~

I hope she can sign too! I have never come accross someone dealing with unemplyment/signing...let us know what she finds out!

Here in MI, one has to report any income-generating activity and the recipient's weekly unemployment check may be reduced by a portion of the income generated. Other states probably have very similar rules. (I only know the MI rules because I just read them this morning, as I'm starting the unemployment process.)

I will let you guys know. I'm really frustrated, because it seems like I have had lots of potentials almost ready to sign, then something comes up & they never end up doing it.:cry:
When I first started selling 3 years ago, I didn't have any intention of recruiting. Then, I went to conference & wanted to be a Director. Is it possible to want something so badly that you try too hard?? That's kinda how I felt for quite a while. So, I basically stopped even trying to recruit. (I know, never should have done that!) Anyway, I signed a friend a while back, who has since gone inactive & is now done. I signed a gal in November, who qualified, but doesn't really have anything planned as far as shows. I coached her a few nights ago & she seemed willing to put more effort into it.
Fastforward to this current one I'm working with. She is excited, but nervous. Totally normal. She's got like 5 booking lined up, and when she told me that, I said, Well then, what are you waiting for?? When do you want your first paycheck??!! That's when the whole unemployment thing came up.:grumpy: :mad: :cry: As my kids would say, COME ON!!!
I have lots of other leads, and I'm out there actively talking about my job & the opportunity. Someone at my bank. A friend who has to at least get a part time job to cover the extra costs of health care. A past host who's a stay at home mom. A friend who's a newer mom & hates going to work. My son's teacher. A gal who graduated HS last year and wants to show her family she CAN succeed. A Walmart cashier.
Maybe, eventually, they'll all just SIGN, but in the meantime, I'm getting really frustrated.:cry:
Anyway, if you've read this far, thanks!! I really appreciate it! Just a bit of a vent! I feel better already~off to make a few calls to these ladies & see what I can offer them.:rolleyes:

Sarah...it IS frustrating! Just remember it is a NUMBERS GAME...just keep offering to everyone and it will happen! (I am telling this to myself too, as I sit here with one signed and qualified just like you!)

Sarah,

I would check into the unemployment issue. I know when I was on unemployment in Indiana several years ago I could still get unemployment while I worked a part time job. You report each week to unemployment what you make for the week. The weeks I made money I wouldn't get anything, but...... it helped me get unemployment longer. Reason being you can only collect unemployment for a maximum dollar amount or a maximum time. Example if I wouldn't have made any money I would have gotten unemployment for only 8 months, but because I earned some money I collected for 11 months. This was in Indiana 6 years ago so she will have to check w/the unemployment office.

The good thing if she could start while she is collecting unemployment she would have time to read, learn, practice, call, etc. It would be a great start to her business. Plus if she knows how much she can make to still get unemployment, she would have control over the income she makes by scheduling her shows or even holding a show to submit for the next week.

I hope this makes sense. If you have questions, please let me know.

I once had a consultant who was also on unemployment and could only make a certain amount before they started deducting from her unemployment. So hopefully she's finding out about that because it would still be very possible for her to do PC. And isn't unemployment a time-limited thing? This way she can slowly build up her business so when she's no longer eligible for unemployment, she'd have a business already moving and shaking!

Good luck! I agree, it's SO frustrating :cry: when you have all these leads and you KNOW they can get a ton out of PC, but they're just not ready/willing/whatever. We all deal with this challenge when we try to recruit. Just keep plugging away and as others have said - it's totally a numbers game. The more shows you have, the more people you're in front of, the more leads you'll discover. And you get better with practice. I know I have. You just pick up more on those red flags or even if someone doesn't ask a red flag question, you see how Pampered Chef in their life could be a big help or a big enhancement to their life.

It'll happen for you! Just keep on trucking!!! Great job so far....just keep it up! Have you taken any of the recruiting teleclasses? No matter how many times I hear similiar tips/suggestions, it never hurts to hear things again. Good luck!:D

ETA: Oh I meant to suggest taking online classes, not teleclasses....but those are good too!!

Last edited:
Thanks for your words of encouragement!! It's funny, I just got off the phone with a lady I sent a catalog packet to last week. She's thinking she wants to do a cooking show in early March, and asked if I had any more information on becoming a consultant!:rolleyes: I had sent the Come Join Us booklet, but I directed her to check out my website & I would put more info in the mail today!:p Add one more to the possible list!:D

That's great Sarah~another lead!
I'm right there with you....wanting directorship so badly, have lots of leads but just not the right time for them. Hopefully the time will be right *soon* for all of us if we just keep at it...:chef:

Sounds like you are doing good Sarah! I missed you at the meeting last week! I have lots of fence sitters still too. We just need to keep getting ourselves out there in front of everyone and keep up the enthusiasm. I make sure I am either calling or sending a promotion out to my "fence sitters" once a month or so... just to remind them that I am still here with open arms! LOL

I recruited one two weeks ago who has already held 2 shows, has to open catalog shows and a show on the 27th. Yeah $50 gift card! I had a call from my advertising for a booking. Talked to her today about her show and invited her to my cluster on Monday. She's thinking about joining. She's bilingual. In our area there are no bilingual consultants. I'm excited. She would reinstate my FD status since my others went inactive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • MHPampered
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Monty060609
  • naekelsey