• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Well, Pampered Chef Isn't the Only Ds Company Focused on Recruiting Lately...

Maybe for a novelty item? :)Please e-mail HO with that suggestion. If they get enough suggestions, maybe they'll consider it. I sent one last week.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I just saw a commercial, A COMMERCIAL, about selling Avon. It said that for only $10, you too can own your own business and said to go to their website or contact your local representative...

Interesting...........

I've been hearing commercials on the radio for one of the companies that sells sex toys too.

That's a first! I've only ever seen an Avon add re: latest product update commercials!

pamperedlinda said:
I've been hearing commercials on the radio for one of the companies that sells sex toys too.

Me too....which is always fun when your teenagers are in the car!! :eek: I've begun turning it off or changing the channel when it comes on.

Isn't it nice to work for a company that you are proud to share with your family! :)

Yeah, I had a past host sign up for Passion Party and it only lasted 10 months for her due to lack of bookings! I could never do that!

pamperedlinda said:

Must be all over the country - we have those here too!!! Oh the joy when your kids are in the car and they start out saying how you can shop at home etc and your 9 year old asks if that is what I do?? Hmmm. I don't think so!!! LOL- Remember Undercover Wear?? oh boy!

pamperedlinda said:

Wow... I'm glad I have Sirius radio. Unless it's on like the Howard Stern channels or the Playboy channel (where those kinds of commercials should belong) one's not likely to hear a commercial for that on any other stations... especially the commercial-free and the kids & family focused stations.

janetupnorth said:
I just saw a commercial, A COMMERCIAL, about selling Avon. It said that for only $10, you too can own your own business and said to go to their website or contact your local representative...

Interesting...........

I guess they need the commercial cuz they don't have a whole lot of info on their consultant plan on their main website. The only cool thing is you can search a zip code area to get in touch with a representative. That would be a nice feature for the PC main site. Plus, I'm sure it costs a lot more than $10 to get started fully especially if you want to have stock on hand.

After seeing some of their personal web sites though I'm sooo glad I chose PC to do... I was able to get a lot of info on PC before I even signed up... I really felt comfortable when I finally got the contact info for my now director. She just filled in some of the important details and I went home and signed up!

lkprescott said:
I guess they need the commercial cuz they don't have a whole lot of info on their consultant plan on their main website. The only cool thing is you can search a zip code area to get in touch with a representative. That would be a nice feature for the PC main site. Plus, I'm sure it costs a lot more than $10 to get started fully especially if you want to have stock on hand.

After seeing some of their personal web sites though I'm sooo glad I chose PC to do... I was able to get a lot of info on PC before I even signed up... I really felt comfortable when I finally got the contact info for my now director. She just filled in some of the important details and I went home and signed up!

Please e-mail HO with that suggestion. If they get enough suggestions, maybe they'll consider it. I sent one last week. I get that directors should get the leads, but if someone is looking specifically for me they can't find me from the website...

dianevill said:
Please e-mail HO with that suggestion. If they get enough suggestions, maybe they'll consider it. I sent one last week. I get that directors should get the leads, but if someone is looking specifically for me they can't find me from the website...

Will do!

I find that a lot of other companies out there have search features too.

Pure Romance has been advertising on daytime TV. I've seen the commercial several times this week. It mentions "helping women with their relationships" but never comes right out and says that you'd be selling toys.

chefann said:
Pure Romance has been advertising on daytime TV. I've seen the commercial several times this week. It mentions "helping women with their relationships" but never comes right out and says that you'd be selling toys.
I've seen this ad too - I think it is funny. I don't know anyone who would actually have one of these parties......

I will never be able to look at a mix n' chop without thinking of this thread.....

ChefBeckyD said:
I've seen this ad too - I think it is funny. I don't know anyone who would actually have one of these parties......

Oh I know a few but I'm not the type of person who would have such a party. LOL... my one good friend had one a couple times already.

I think PC products are a whole lot more practical and well, when money's tight a toy in the kitchen is a lot easier to justify than a toy in the bedroom. :blushing:

ChefBeckyD said:
I live near a military base with young couples and long deployments (now up to 18 months at a time) I did a party for someone who owns a shop with this type of business and they are able to support 2 families and live in a very nice home with all new furniture! Passion parties do well here so I have heard. I have never been to one and don't plan on seeking one out either!

I have spoken to a few former Avon reps lately and they got out of it because of lack of bookings and having to put all of their money back into it to remain active.

My SIL sells Avon and I've never come right out and asked her how much money she has to put into her business, but they have to buy new catalogs every 2 weeks! :eek: Can you imagine?? The catalogs change that often...that's just crazy to me! I can't imagine how much money you'd be making if you continually had to buy new catalogs.

Its True!! I only paid $10..I don't sell it anymore but I used to.

I don't know anyone who would actually have one of these parties......

lol I had one years ago (Enchanted Lady). It was a blast. Definitely not for the shy.

Its True!! I only paid $10..I don't sell it anymore but I used to.

Same here and yep, you spend more than you make. One of the biggest downfalls with it is you have to buy all your samples, too. It really adds up fast. And if you're one to buy the new products "to show customers", you'll spend a ton. I was among the top 10 in my district and I couldn't tell you for sure that I ever made a dime. :rolleyes:

RebelChef said:
lol I had one years ago (Enchanted Lady). It was a blast. Definitely not for the shy.

Same here and yep, you spend more than you make. One of the biggest downfalls with it is you have to buy all your samples, too. It really adds up fast. And if you're one to buy the new products "to show customers", you'll spend a ton. I was among the top 10 in my district and I couldn't tell you for sure that I ever made a dime. :rolleyes:
Nope I did it for 8 months and didn't make a dime! All of it went back into campaigns, samples and demo products!:eek:

THe only way to really make $$ with Avon is to have a HUGE team under you !

THe only way to really make $$ with Avon is to have a HUGE team under you !

You know, never once did I see or hear any information about recruiting or building a team. I never really thought about it until now.

I only knew because my cousin was fortunate enough to be the "teachers pet" to the DM and he tossed her a dozen recruits her way and even though we did equal business she made the $$$!

I am soooo sick of the "Pure Romance" comercials on TV! I mean come on! Are they that desperate....

I do know people who are interested in that stuff. I have been to similar parties in my single days. They can be fun.

A few of us went with my director to a training in KC last year. We did some shopping afterwards & we were surprised to see an Avon STORE! My director was facinated with it & talked to the owners a bunch. It was a married couple that were consultants.

we were surprised to see an Avon STORE!

I've seen those over the years and it's strange. By allowing this, it doesn't seem they are really a DS company any more than Merle Norman, Macy's or Sears. So much for the ~ding dong~ Avon calling! lol

janetupnorth said:

Interesting...........

I have seen these commercials too. That price makes me think about becoming a kitnapper, HAHA!! I bet it inspires lots of others to become one!

I have sold Avon as well and you don't make money off it. It is hard to get people to buy it when the books change every 2 weeks. Also, the $10 to start only gets you the books to start with, no product. PC is much much better. :chef:

AVON not as bad as you think...
lkprescott said:
I'm sure it costs a lot more than $10 to get started fully especially if you want to have stock on hand.

One of my bread and butter hosts is an AVON rep it is just $10 and then from what I understand they give you "credit" to buy what you think you'll need first, like samples or $5 items, then when you place your first order you pay back the credit, and you get your 50% discount.

Catalogs are 10 for $6.95 I think but the more you buy the cheaper they get, and if you buy like 25 they'll usually throw in a few extra more.

My AVON rep only stocks up on $10 or less items and the rest she buyes from the company after someone orders it. She does two orders a month bi-weekly and she lives in an expensive area (Laguna Niguel - those of you familiar with socal) and this is all she does. She's been in business for about 4 years now, SAHM, and each year she donates $$$ to Second Harvest Food bank. She does for every $100 you spend you get Christmass money only redeemable during December, or you can donate your Christmass money directly to the charity. Also during December you can choose to purchase soap and other personal hygeine to be directly donated to the other chairty she gives to, a local women's shelter, because they always need those type of things on hand.

I personally get compliments all the time on my make-up and when they ask what brand, they are shocked it is AVON - well Mark.

etteluap70PC said:
I am soooo sick of the "Pure Romance" comercials on TV! I mean come on! Are they that desperate....

I do know people who are interested in that stuff. I have been to similar parties in my single days. They can be fun.

I remembered this Avon post and had seen the Avon commercial before. But last night I saw the Pure Romance one and about laughed my head off! I hope PC doesn't start doing that. I like how they advertise the wedding registry in bridal magazines but stay away from TV.

What's the new player here in Michigan is Dove at Home. They are advertising in newspapers and holding "Chocolate" seminars at the area hotel. Learn about chocolate, and a great opportunity, or so it says. I was demo'ing Dove Chocolate at Meijer's this weekend (another of my part time jobs!) and several people asked if I was with the newspaper ad, etc. I had seen it and actually met a consultant at Christmas, who tried to recruit me, so I told them it was direct sales, etc.

And why is it that every DS company rep that I come across tries to recruit me???? And no, the idea of selling $279 chocolate tempering machines here in Michigan does not interest me at all. Most people can't pay their bills, much less spend that kind of money on something that you only use a few times.

PamperChefCarol said:
What's the new player here in Michigan is Dove at Home. They are advertising in newspapers and holding "Chocolate" seminars at the area hotel. Learn about chocolate, and a great opportunity, or so it says. I was demo'ing Dove Chocolate at Meijer's this weekend (another of my part time jobs!) and several people asked if I was with the newspaper ad, etc. I had seen it and actually met a consultant at Christmas, who tried to recruit me, so I told them it was direct sales, etc.

And why is it that every DS company rep that I come across tries to recruit me???? And no, the idea of selling $279 chocolate tempering machines here in Michigan does not interest me at all. Most people can't pay their bills, much less spend that kind of money on something that you only use a few times.

Hold the phone...chocolate at home? I have to admit, that intrigues me! To host a show, that is, not become a "chocolatier" (I just checked out the website). If I sold chocolate I'd be HUGE! Has anyone had a show?

1. What is the significance of the commercial for selling Avon?

The commercial is promoting the opportunity to become an Avon representative and start your own business for only $10. This is a common marketing strategy used by direct sales companies to attract new representatives and expand their sales force.

2. How is Avon different from Pampered Chef?

Both Avon and Pampered Chef are direct sales companies, meaning they sell products directly to customers through independent representatives. However, the products and target market of each company may differ. Avon primarily focuses on beauty and personal care products, while Pampered Chef offers kitchen and cooking products. Additionally, the compensation and commission structures may vary between the two companies.

3. Is it common for direct sales companies to focus on recruiting new representatives?

Yes, recruiting new representatives is a key aspect of the business model for many direct sales companies. By expanding their sales force, these companies can reach more customers and increase their sales. They also often offer incentives and bonuses for successful recruitment, making it a priority for representatives to bring in new team members.

4. What are the benefits of becoming an Avon representative?

Becoming an Avon representative offers several benefits, including the opportunity to start your own business with low start-up costs, flexible hours, and the ability to work from home. Representatives also have access to discounted products, sales training, and support from their team and the company.

5. How can I get more information about becoming an Avon representative?

You can visit Avon's website or contact a local representative for more information about becoming a representative. They will be able to provide you with details on the application process, training, and any other questions you may have about starting your own Avon business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Jolie_Paradoxe