• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Book Shows Lead to Success as a Future Consultant?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of being a successful consultant by primarily doing catalog shows. Some consultants have had great success with this method, while others suggest also doing occasional cooking shows. It is important to host-coach catalog hosts and offer special incentives for bookings. Time management is also a factor, but many busy consultants have found ways to fit in their PC business. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide what works best for them and their schedule.
PurpleAngel
Gold Member
I am looking to become an consultant here in the near future. I was wondering, Has anyone been successful doing mostly book shows?

Any ideas, cheats, hints, etc you can offer would be great.:rolleyes:

Hello!Before I suggest anything. What is it you want from PC? Products? Money? Time Away?

This way I can let you know my opinion!:thumbup:

I have a couple of consultants that are happy with the catalog shows that they generate. The thing is you need to get it out there that you offer them. It's easiest to meet more people to get bookings by holding shows but you can do it! I and several on my team have had over $800 catalog shows with bookings.

One thing I do is offer catalog hosts a special incentive for each booking she gets me. Feel free to call, pm or email me if you want to chat about it!

:balloon: Welcome to Chef Success!!!

My director was in a car accident about a year & a half ago. She was unable to do cooking shows for awhile, so she depended on catalog shows. She did very well with it. You just have to host-coach catalog hosts differently; & make sure you are checking in with them often.
It's definately possible, but an occasional cooking show wouldn't be a bad idea too! (they are very fun;) )
Good luck with your decisions!:chef:

I have a consultant that signed up over a year ago and has never done a cooking show. She just submits a show every other month to stay active and get a discount on products.

I had a consultant who signed under me and said that she only wanted to do catalog shows. She had 2 cooking shows that booked off of hers (the one that I signed her from) so she decided to just do those 2 shows and then start being exclusively a catalog show host. After the first show she called me and said "I loved that cooking show! I think I'm going to focus more on those!" She was in heaven. She felt so good to get out of the house and hang out with friends and chat and eat. She also works full time is married and goes to school (I think full time too). PC became her relax time.

Thanks for all of your input.

Mostly what I am looking for wit is, is discounted products, and to supliment my income a little. But the thing is my time is limited. I have two active boys. Taking them from here to there nearly every night of the week.

PurpleAngel said:
Thanks for all of your input.

Mostly what I am looking for wit is, is discounted products, and to supliment my income a little. But the thing is my time is limited. I have two active boys. Taking them from here to there nearly every night of the week.

You should read our other thread about being busy! Many of us are VERY busy and we fit it in.

Even just one cooking show a month - that in one day in 30 can bring in something to supplement your income.

The key is schedule your regular work and family activities first, then pick when you'd work on PC and make it fit that schedule - it can be done.

Good luck!

I signed the last of Oct 07 & I only wanted to do catalog shows. I work 6 days a week 8am-6pm Sat until 4pm. I have had cooking shows & now decided I like them (didn't think I would). I am going to try & find a way to not work as much w/my regular job so I can do more cooking shows. They are way more fun & I'm not near as nervous as I thought I would be. If you love the products its easy to get up in front of people & tell them about it! Plus its rare you don't have a lot of your guest going back & forth on what all they like & why. I'd say sign up & go for it. Do what & how much you want to do. That is the good thing about PC there is no set in stone schedule you have to follow.

I do a lot of catalog shows. I do home shows too. But there are times when it's just not feasible or I just don't feel like it for a couple of months (like doing the shows...don't want to leave the house...or want to be open for spontaneous stuff). You can make it work, but having a home show will help get bookings. You will probably have to really encourage hosts to get bookings. They get a great benefit, but they still need to be coached for it. What do you have to lose??

janetupnorth said:
You should read our other thread about being busy! Many of us are VERY busy and we fit it in.

Even just one cooking show a month - that in one day in 30 can bring in something to supplement your income.

The key is schedule your regular work and family activities first, then pick when you'd work on PC and make it fit that schedule - it can be done.

Good luck!

This is exactly right! I have 2 girls who are in dance, girl scouts, church group, and I'm a PTO officer & girl scout leader. I put all those things on my schedule first, then circle the dates I want to do shows & schedule away. That's what's so awesome about this; you get to put your family first:thumbup:

More Great ideas...thanks every one - I think I'm going to bite the bullet and gfet signed up.

PurpleAngel said:
More Great ideas...thanks every one - I think I'm going to bite the bullet and gfet signed up.
That's great! Congratulations!! You'll love it! And they say that the really busy ones make REALLY good consultants!

Well, I did it...I just signed up. Sould be getting y kit and such in the next few days..............yeah me

Congratulations - good luck!

CONGRATULATIONS!! Just go for it!!

Congrats! Have fun with it:)

Stephanie, where are you?

There is a Future Director here in Germany with me who, until very recently, ONLY did book shows. And she's on the verge of Director!!!

Where are you Stephanie?

Good luck! Cataloge shows can be great but you really do have to host coach hard. It's different than cooking shows because it's all up to the host to collect orders and get their friends excited. It all depends on the host's effort (or lack of effort). I agree with offering incentives. I offer a free gift (usually a mini serving spatula) with 5 orders within a week of starting their catalog show. I also suggest offering something for bookings as this is how you will get more business. But don't count out kitchen shows, they really are great and fun and you don't have to do 10 in a month, you can do 1 or 2 where ever you can fit it in. Mark all the days in a month that you have other activities and then look at your open dates and select 2-4 dates that you can do shows. Then when talking to potential hosts, tell them what dates you have open (only give them 2 options though otherwise they'll run all over you) and see if any of them work for both of you.

Here are some things I include in my Catalog Host Packets.....

Attachments

• CA - Catalog Host Letter.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 396
  • Ca - Catalog Show Cover Letter.doc
    71.5 KB · Views: 410
  • CA- Catalog Show Planner(3).doc
    98.5 KB · Views: 336
And if I am really looking for an extra push from catalog shows for the month, I also include this one:

Attachments

• CA - CATALOG HOST BINGO.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 431
Way to go!!! Like all of the other posts said....Busy people are some of the best consultants! :) When someone has a lot of activities on their calendar they tend to figure a way to fit in more and they know when they can work! Makes it a little tougher to procrastinate! Now of course I said tougher...because even busy people can have that bad habit!!;)

I would suggest at least 1 cooking show a month as well! It is hard to generate new business just from catalog shows. Doing one cooking show a month should keep your business flowing, and who knows you might end up liking them and all of a sudden you are doing 4 a month!!:D

Thanks Becky for all of the great documents...these will come in handy....

I am really looking forward to making this work, even with the busy schedule I already have.

Thanks again to all....

1. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant offers a variety of benefits including flexible work hours, the opportunity to earn extra income, discounts on products, and the chance to build your own business and career.

2. How much does it cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

The initial cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant is $109, which includes a starter kit filled with products and business supplies. There are no additional fees or monthly quotas.

3. Do I need to have prior cooking or sales experience to become a consultant?

No, you do not need any prior cooking or sales experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant. We provide all the training and support you need to succeed, regardless of your background.

4. What kind of support and resources are available for consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a strong support system for its consultants, including online training, mentorship programs, and a community of fellow consultants. You will also have access to marketing materials and resources to help you grow your business.

5. Can I still be a consultant if I have a full-time job?

Yes, you can! Many of our consultants have successful Pampered Chef businesses while also maintaining a full-time job. Our flexible work hours allow you to work around your schedule and make your business fit your lifestyle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • salthechef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Kathytnt