• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming the $200 Kit Fee Hurdle: Ideas to Help Canadian Recruiters

In summary, the cost of the kit in Canada is $195, which includes paperwork but some recruiters do not have the money to order it. However, the "bigger picture" is what is important and the cost is worth it because you get so much for so little. Some suggestions are to have a rummage sale or borrow money from a relative and pay back later, or to hold the money for the recruiters and let them pay it forward as they earn it.
PamperedK
Silver Member
In Canada our kit is $195. The 'value' is $700 including paperwork...but I have a LOT of recruit leads that would love to sign but they don't have $200. They don't have credit cards or anyone they can borrow from.

I've suggested gathering orders so they can submit a catalog show the day they sign up but that doesn't work because they just plain don't have $200 to order the kit.

Our kit credit only brings it down to $145 so even though it's $50 off, it's still a significant amount of money.

Does anyone have any good ideas as to how we can work with this issue?

Some suggestions I've seen are having a rummage sale or something and use the money for the kit. Ebay??:yuck:

Rummage sales, borrow from a relative and pay back after first few shows...

Basically the kit is an investment. You get so much for so little.

I don't know how taxes or anything works in Canada but do they get greater benefits at the end of the year like tax incentives?

I know it is tough, but the "bigger picture" greatly outweighs the upfront cost. They have to see that to get the motivation to go for it.

Don't get mad at me---BUT I have had them write the check to me and on the 23rd I cash it---after there 4 party's are in-----They have all kicked it---Done GREAT----but its a risk----go with your gut!!

MORFIA said:
Don't get mad at me---BUT I have had them write the check to me and on the 23rd I cash it---after there 4 party's are in-----They have all kicked it---Done GREAT----but its a risk----go with your gut!!

Yeah...I'll be doing that for one, because she's a good friend of mine. I'd probably do that for one other of my leads too. :blushing:

BUT....I have one lead who REALLY wants this but her family said NO WAY they wouldn't lend her the money because she's too far in debt. But the reason she wants to do this is to get out of debt. It's dead of winter here so yard sales aren't really feasible. She has a March show booked so hopefully that will give her a deadline to start saving for - we're going to use the host credit for her kit.

Winnipegk said:
Yeah...I'll be doing that for one, because she's a good friend of mine. I'd probably do that for one other of my leads too. :blushing:

BUT....I have one lead who REALLY wants this but her family said NO WAY they wouldn't lend her the money because she's too far in debt. But the reason she wants to do this is to get out of debt. It's dead of winter here so yard sales aren't really feasible. She has a March show booked so hopefully that will give her a deadline to start saving for - we're going to use the host credit for her kit.

Clean houses, babysit for others, maybe if family won't "lend" her money, they will let her do "chores" for them in exchange for money for the kit so she is earning it.

Maybe they will let you hold the funds for her and as she works they pay into it. When there is enough for the kit, you submit the agreement and pay for it.

Good ideas - I'll see what she says...thanks!

What is the $200 kit fee and why is it a hurdle for Canadian recruiters?

The $200 kit fee is the initial cost that Pampered Chef consultants must pay to receive their starter kit and begin their business. This fee can be a hurdle for Canadian recruiters because it is a significant upfront cost that may be difficult for some to afford.

Can the $200 kit fee be waived or reduced?

Unfortunately, the $200 kit fee cannot be waived or reduced. This fee covers the cost of the starter kit, which includes essential tools and materials for running a Pampered Chef business.

Are there any tips for Canadian recruiters to overcome the $200 kit fee hurdle?

Yes, there are several ideas that can help Canadian recruiters overcome the $200 kit fee hurdle. One option is to host a launch party or fundraiser to help cover the cost. Another idea is to reach out to friends and family for support or to split the cost with a business partner. Additionally, spreading out the cost over a few months can make it more manageable.

What are the benefits of investing in the starter kit for Canadian recruiters?

The starter kit provides Canadian recruiters with essential tools and materials to begin their Pampered Chef business. It also includes a variety of products to showcase at parties and events, as well as training materials and support from experienced consultants. By investing in the starter kit, Canadian recruiters can start their business with a strong foundation for success.

Is the $200 kit fee the only cost associated with becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, the $200 kit fee is not the only cost associated with becoming a Pampered Chef consultant. There are additional costs for business supplies, such as catalogs and order forms, as well as fees for maintaining a personal website. However, these costs can be managed and budgeted for as the business grows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennyl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jewel
  • darlinclem
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
amy07
  • mrssyvo