• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Consultant No Computer

In summary, Kelly is saying that it is possible to be a successful consultant without a computer, but it takes better math skills and timing. She also says that, by the end of the year, all orders will have to be sent electronically.
pkd09
Silver Member
I am currently in contact with 2 hosts (one past, one current) that I want to discuss the opportunity with. Both of these individuals do not have a computer. I know they can submit a paper Consultant Agreement but how would they submit their shows if they signed?

They have to mail it in. I've heard of several successful consultants who don't have computers. It may be a little bit more work but it can work.

Who knows, maybe after a couple months they can purchase a computer with their commission!

My recruit from this fall didn't have a computer. She actually went to her Mom's house and borrowed hers. She needed to "schedule" closing shows with her hosts so she could call from there, but it was working. Thankfully, though, DH got her a computer for christmas!

It is certainly doable without a computer, but it does add paperwork, planning, and the expense to mail in orders and such.

I agree with Kelly. I have one consultant on my team who does not have a computer and she uses our desktop. So far it's working for us, and she is saving her commissions to buy a computer! Great "personal story" for her shows!

Besides if they wait until starting to buy a computer, they can write it off!! We have consultants in our cluster that don't have computers too. They will, but not yet. It isn't necessary, it just takes better math skills and timing if they are sending in the paper show order. I think we get one in our changeover kit?? They just have to send in the write in receipt copy for home office and they have to write in totals I think. Otherwise, borrowing a computer would be easier unless that HATE computers. Good luck and congrats!! Hopefully, they will sign together.

Kelly, I like your new picture! Thanks all. I really want to recruit this year and want to make sure that is not an obstacle for potentials.

Jules711 said:
Besides if they wait until starting to buy a computer, they can write it off!! We have consultants in our cluster that don't have computers too. They will, but not yet. It isn't necessary, it just takes better math skills and timing if they are sending in the paper show order. I think we get one in our changeover kit?? They just have to send in the write in receipt copy for home office and they have to write in totals I think. Otherwise, borrowing a computer would be easier unless that HATE computers. Good luck and congrats!! Hopefully, they will sign together.

Aren't they doing away with the write-in receipts this spring?

christy_c said:
Aren't they doing away with the write-in receipts this spring?
No, they are discontinuing the itemized receipts.

I could swear I remember something that said that by the end of this year all orders will have to be sent electronically? Do NOT quote me it's just something I thought I read.....

etteluap70PC said:
I could swear I remember something that said that by the end of this year all orders will have to be sent electronically? Do NOT quote me it's just something I thought I read.....

I think that was something about people who were using a modem to send in orders, not through an internet connection. The modem phone # was/is being shut down. There was some confusion over that, because people with dial-up also thought they wouldn't be able to send in orders....but as long as you have an internet connection, you can.

I don't think they would eliminate mail-in orders.....isn't mail-in only status what they do for consultants who have problems with insufficient funds?

They are doing away with the dial up number. As long as you have an internet connection on when you download and submit your shows, orders you are all set.

I didn't have a computer when I first started. I went to my in-laws and put everything in at once. It wasn't that bad. It certainly makes you get organized and stay that way. The only thing that really made it easier when I got a computer was being able to get on Chef Success (it wouldn't have been worth it before) being able to connect with clustermates and customers easier, and I don't have a PWS so that stinks!
It can be done!

Oh yeah!!!! See you are all so smart.... Can you tell I have not read any weekly bites in depth lately! I admit I'm a skimmer!

Thanks Ladies!

1. Can I still be a consultant if I don't have a computer?

Yes, you can still be a consultant without a computer. While a computer can be helpful for managing your business and placing orders, it is not a requirement. You can use a smartphone or tablet to access the consultant website and place orders.

2. How will I receive training and support without a computer?

There are various ways to receive training and support as a consultant without a computer. You can attend in-person trainings, watch training videos on your smartphone or tablet, and receive support through phone calls or in-person meetings with your upline or the Pampered Chef home office.

3. Can I still host parties and events without a computer?

Yes, you can still host parties and events without a computer. While a computer can be helpful for creating and managing invitations and orders, you can also do these tasks using a smartphone or tablet. Your upline or the Pampered Chef home office can also assist with these tasks if needed.

4. Are there any tasks that I won't be able to do without a computer?

There are a few tasks that may be more challenging without a computer, such as creating and managing large orders or accessing certain features on the consultant website. However, there are alternative ways to complete these tasks using a smartphone or tablet, and your upline or the Pampered Chef home office can also assist if needed.

5. Will not having a computer affect my success as a consultant?

No, not having a computer will not necessarily affect your success as a consultant. The most important factor in your success is your dedication and effort in building your business. While a computer can be helpful, it is not a determining factor in your success. You can still achieve success as a consultant without a computer by utilizing other resources and staying in communication with your upline and the Pampered Chef home office.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Forangels613
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kisrae