• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Recruiting College Students a Viable Option for Growing My Business?

In summary, many people think it is a good idea to start a home-based business in their college town, and there are many ways to do this.
PCSarahjm
Has anyone tried this and if so how did it work? How did you get connected with them. I live in a college town and would like to build my business. Just wondering if this would be a direction to take or would it be a waste of time??? TIA

Well I started PC right after I finished college. So I don't think targeting that age group is a waste of time. It kind of depends on the individual. Like I know I wouldn't have been able to pull off doing PC while I still lived in the dorms at school. Once I moved into my apartment off campus, I could have been doing it. I think it's worth a try. You could point out to them that they can change the hours they choose to work or do shows to go with thier course schedule every semester.

It's a good way to make money and work around their college schedule. We have a AD in my upline who started PC during the summer to make some money, figuring she'd do it for that summer only and has stuck with it ever since. I don't think it's a waste of time. You can post something on your local job bulletin or the college job bulletin.

Thanks for the information. If there is anything else anyone wants to add please post. Does any have a flyer already made up that would reflect this?

A consultant on my team recruiting a girl from a college campus. She was attending as a graduate student and put flyers all over the place. She did get one to sign but she ended up not doing anything. But it's a great idea and I think very worthwhile! I asked her for the flyer but I haven't heard back from her. Sorry about that.But I say go for it! What do you have to lose?As far as a flyer goes? I'd do one with the tear-off thingys at the bottom with your info and I'd also go and check out other flyers on campus to see what's catchy. Is it the color paper, the wording, etc? and then tailor yours to be a good fit.Good Luck!

Thanks Colleen. I will go check bullentin boards and see what looks good then go from there. Can you send me the flyer when you get it?

I'm a junior in college, and have been with PC for about a year and a half. I think the income potential and the flexiblity to work it around your class schedule are huge pluses in my age group. The drawback is that most college students live in dorms and have nothing but a microwave and a mini fridge, so cooking isn't easy or a top priority. If your school has any culinary or restaurant management programs, that would be a good place to start. Their department will most likely have their own bulletin board. You could also look into the cost of placing an ad with the school's magazine or newspaper, or put flyers in the dining halls and student center. Also, you could advertise for bookings, and play up the chance to earn free products and learn how to bake a cake, cook a chicken, etc. in a microwave. There are flyers on here that list products that are great for dorms. Play some games, make it a fun time. College kids will respond well to free food and free products. I think if you can book some shows on campus, you may have better luck recruiting from the shows than just posting flyers. At my school, they rent out tables pretty cheap in the student center, so that could be an option as well. I hope these ideas help a little. Good luck!

Thank you chefbritt. You gave me some great ideas!

Last edited:
Chefbritt; I'll have to pass some of those ideas on to my recruit. I recruited her in Oct, she's gone inactive because she was stressed over finals. Maybe these ideas will help her...

I am a college student!!:sing: I started this b/c it is so flexible and I work in a large hospital and it's a great place to get bookings!! I am also looking to recruit at my campus and am interested in fliers, etc. if anyone has them.

Wow!! I was thinking of doing exactly this and just haven't gotten off my tail to do it. I live near a residential college as well as several community colleges. I'd love to see a flyer if anyone has one. Maybe I'll take a stab at doing one myself!

Let me know what anyone comes up with. I'd be happy to do one if I had time... maybe one of these days! LoL

1. How do I reach college students for recruiting purposes?

There are several ways to reach college students for recruiting. You can attend career fairs on college campuses, partner with career centers or student organizations, utilize social media platforms popular among students, and post job listings on college job boards or websites.

2. What qualities should I look for when recruiting college students?

When recruiting college students, it is important to look for qualities such as strong academic performance, relevant coursework or major, leadership experience, involvement in extracurricular activities, and internships or part-time job experience.

3. How can I make my company stand out to college students during recruitment?

To make your company stand out to college students, you can offer unique internship opportunities, competitive salary and benefits, opportunities for growth and development, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and a strong company culture. Additionally, showcasing your company's values and mission can also attract students who align with your company's goals.

4. What are some best practices for recruiting college students?

Some best practices for recruiting college students include starting the recruitment process early, utilizing various recruitment channels, building relationships with college career centers and student organizations, offering informational sessions or workshops, and providing a positive candidate experience.

5. How can I ensure a successful recruitment process for college students?

To ensure a successful recruitment process for college students, it is important to clearly define the job requirements and expectations, communicate effectively with candidates, provide a smooth and efficient application and interview process, and follow up with candidates in a timely manner. Additionally, gathering feedback from hired candidates can also help improve future recruitment efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jkinak
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedtara